Joining and finding out about TMP

Inklink

Hey everyone :),

As you may have guessed from the title already, I'm asking all of you reading this, how you first found out about TruckersMP, why and when you joined it. I'd love to hear all these things. And if you want, you can also tell me what you think is the most fun part about driving on TruckersMP :). 

If you're wondering what my answers are: 

I first found out about TruckersMP "back" in 2018 by watching these "Funny Moments Videos" and by looking up mods for ETS2 on google. I then decided to join it on the 4th January 2019, because it looked like a lot of fun and I got bored of driving all alone in ETS2. In my opinion the most fun part is just being able to drive with other human-beings and being able to really talk and text with them.

What about you? Let me know!

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!
I first joined TruckersMP in January of 2016, after being gifted Euro Truck Simulator 2 by a friend of mine. He encouraged me to download TruckersMP so that we could play it together. I even indulged in a steering wheel in the hopes of a more memorable experience with my friends. There is something special about being able to share moments like those with friends, and that is one of the most appealing things to me about the multiplayer mod. I have never really been much attached to the idea of playing the game solo. I would also like to point out that I have met a lot of amazing people from my experience on TruckersMP!

Also, hi Ink ?

/ --- - //       Achievement Get!

/ -- -- //        Locating the Forums

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾                                                         

Hey,

So Im here from the day of launch but I found out about tmp when it was still in production and they were beta testing it and also live streaming it.  So I am an old guy here :D

$ĝ† $αl†™
                                                                                                                                            My Timeline

2015                              2016                                2017                                2018                                 2019                               2020

image.png.eb72a906ab285e9c832317a851ff8ba0.pngimage.png.608bcf9759f058e5ed629fbcd272c4d9.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.4212c57dd0bfa6d68705da04bffec7f8.pngimage.png.6a3b9da8b22eb70cf35d52e1c519ef60.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.2127c084388aafe1d821d6900d1f3704.png

Been playing MP from first day it went Public back in 2014, oh those where the days, watching truck fly across the map for no reason, no lights or sound from other trucks...fun times

CEO - The Lazy Truckers

VTL

Click here to join The Lazy Truckers

It's amazing how the the brain ignores the "the" before the second "the"
Read that again....

I found out about it in 2017 through the Youtuber Squirrel, and I really liked having the idea of a multiplayer ETS2 experience, since I was only used to singleplayer. I really enjoyed playing with other players, but I couldn't really enjoy the experience due to the fact that I had a pretty crappy PC, and experienced a lot of lag.

Getting a new PC, I was able to play on TMP starting April this year, and that is infact when I joined VIVA trucking. This made me play on the TMP network more than I ever have, and specially love going up and down the CD road doing "rec" runs ?. I'll continue to play on the TMP network, and I have the hope that one day I can join any rank as a staff member.

I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 around 3 years ago and at the time, I never knew there was a multiplayer for it, I was listening TruckersFM one day and heard about VTC's then heard about TruckersMP so it basically went from there.  
I downloaded TruckersMP, joined a VTC, took part in the events side of the community and one thing led to another and that's basically how it all started for me! 

For me, I heard about TruckersMP from a group of friends I often play games with, they were veterans and so I decided to give it a shot! Prior to this I've been playing other trucking simulators from way back in the days, titles by SCS like the 18 Wheels of Steel series! Joining TMP was one of the better decisions I've made though.

Haven't got my hands on a VTC though, so I'll probably get working on that ?

I first found out about TMP by watching Funny Moment videos back in 2016, however I didn't have a great PC then and could only get about 15 frames, so I didn't play it much. I got a proper PC in 2018, where I got back into TMP again, by you guessed it, Funny Moment videos. I fell in love with ETS2 and ATS and still play it to this day. I mainly drive down CD road on Simulation 1, or drive in convoys with Prime Logistics.

Almost 4 years ago I heard about TMP now. I was in a roleplay community and somebody came into my teamspeak channel and asked if I wanted to join them on ATS. I had ATS and ETS2 at that point, but had no idea that there was a multiplayer option. Alas, I was deeply confused. Once I was walked through the process however, I was all set. Even then, didn't play a whole lot until this point now, with my Prime family and all the convoys and stuff. :D

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

Just like @Sgt Salt I found out about the modification while it was in development and it was in beta testing. There had been a few videos showing a working multiplayer by Vodka, Rootkiller, MWL and a few others who were Beta testing at the time. 

Launch of the modification was scheduled for 1st May 2014, although in the end it was released a few hours early on the 30th April ?

I became a staff member in 2015 as a Support member and then eventually a forum mod. I remained in the team in various positions, including Community Manager and Game Manager for 3 and a half years. Needing a break, I left the team in late 2018, and have now returned to the community I enjoy to be a part of. ?

I met TMP at the end of 2014, a few months after its launch thanks to a friend of mine who recommended the mod to me because he knew I would like it. And I really enjoy the work that has been done by the entire TruckersMP team and that was also one of the reasons why I became a Patron!

I first heard about ETS2 as a whole, through Keralis' old videos with Squirrel a few years back. I then found Squirrel, and saw his videos on TruckersMP! I loved the idea of the game, and found it quite relaxing. So, when I got my first laptop in 2017, I got ETS2, and joined TruckersMP a few weeks later. Somehow, here I am three years later, with some of the best people I've ever met, and in a VTC I really enjoy being a part of ?

ioJopO8.jpg

I bought ETS2 really unknowing of any kind of multiplayer. Then I just sort of came across it honestly, I might've even searched up multiplayer and came across TruckersMP. After a few months of playing solo and joining events etc and just enjoying myself I came across a VTC and ever since then, I've been sucked into the TMP community and have made friends for life :D Simply, wouldn't change a thing. It's been an outlet for a very long time. 

I actually found ETS2MP back as it was known then in November 2015 from a Squirrel vid:

(ah those were the good times the traffic in Europort ?)

I bought ETS2 start of December then refunded  shortly after, since I discovered later I’d get ETS2 for Christmas :LUL:

Something about the queues made me want to join in, MP just seemed a lot more realistic than just single player. What I’d give for the queues to return to Europort and Rotterdam tho, good times...

1 hour ago, heyhococo said:

I actually found ETS2MP back as it was known then in November 2015 from a Squirrel vid:

(ah those were the good times the traffic in Europort ?)

I bought ETS2 start of December then refunded  shortly after, since I discovered later I’d get ETS2 for Christmas :LUL:

Something about the queues made me want to join in, MP just seemed a lot more realistic than just single player. What I’d give for the queues to return to Europort and Rotterdam tho, good times...

Damn, I forgot about that video! Crazy to think that the ports used to be like that :wow:

Archived