Sound Mods as optional useable mod

Suggestion Name: Sound Mods in Multiplayer

Suggestion Description: Adding sound mods to the multiplayer (ProMods + Vanillaserver)

Any example images: n/a

Why should it be added?: Due to the fact, that SCS has (unfortunately) screwed up the stock sounds of the engines with FMOD, TruckersMP should support a small band of sound mods (like Kriechbaum's ones).

In my opinion, this would be a really great addition and we all know, what will happens often in tunnels (slow down, windows down, set a lower gear and give fullspeed = POG) and people who don't have the mod are having the default sounds :D

Greets,

Maurice Bailey

• Like 4
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Your average pleb from Austria.

Favorite Truck: MAN TGX 2022, 4*2 Chassis, 500hp Engine and a 12 Speed Gearbox (Automatic).

Favorite Trailer: Dryvan from SCS

My VTC (on Trucky😞

badge

• 3 years later...
On 6/13/2020 at 12:51 PM, [GER] Kit said:

Suggestion Name: Sound Mods in Multiplayer

Suggestion Description: Adding sound mods to the multiplayer (ProMods + Vanillaserver)

Any example images: n/a

Why should it be added?: Due to the fact, that SCS has (unfortunately) screwed up the stock sounds of the engines with FMOD, TruckersMP should support a small band of sound mods (like Kriechbaum's ones).

In my opinion, this would be a really great addition and we all know, what will happens often in tunnels (slow down, windows down, set a lower gear and give fullspeed = POG) and people who don't have the mod are having the default sounds :D

Greets,

Maurice Bailey

Hi Kit,

Thanks for taking the time here to reach out to make an improvement to our modificatioin. I'm sorry that you haven't got any response from one of us sooner but... I'd like to give you some insights, As you are aware, TMP only supports specific mods like the spring, and winter mods, the trouble is if we have to support lots of different sound mods, it means that everyone would need these too, and this could cause issues similar to how FMOD took a while for us to port the game to the latest version however... Currently, there are local mods where you're able to modify the sound of your engines without affecting other people, for this reason I'll decline this suggestion but never the less, I'd stil llike to say thank you for engaging the start of this discussion to improve the driving experience.

Kind Regards,
Fezz98
TruckersMP Game Moderation Manager

• Haha 1