Discussing about Event Server; Proving the Participants

Chemistry_TMP

Today, knowledge-base was changed UTC 23:55.

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/671 

below is my opinion and submitted the feedback system already. how do you think about that? Please tell this topic reply as a discussion. :(

-----

I want to speak my opinion this knowledge-base. until now, the picture is allowed to prove the participants. 1.5 years ago, we using ets2c to prove the participants and request the event server. but many players bothering this problem. When I use the "ets2c" page, 80 participants checked. so the event server is not accepted at that time. but, at the event, 150+ players had been participating as VTC participants or individual participants. In this situation, many players don't want to prove the participants as an ets2c, trucky.events or etc.

TruckersMP is supporting the convoy as an event server. right? Many of VTCs exist in the TruckersMP too. A picture is a good method to prove the participants. Why Player requests the event server at the convoy? the TruckersMP official server is limited to the speed and the rules which is incorrect way driving and blocking, etc. A dedicated server can change the rule as a temporarily like blocking the road due to guide the right way.

What is Important? Why choose this method. as developing event support, TruckersMP has to listen to the player's opinion.

case of the charity event, I attend the convoy as an Event staff like Media Team or Control Convoy Team. Event Organizers suffer from the ets2c page. they always speak(announce) that "Please checking the ets2c page and help us!". btw players don't do that because it is very bothering and annoying.

ets2c page, trucky.event, truckbooks.eu/convoy is the best answer to prove the many participants? another solution does not exist? "Picture" is a good method to prove the participants.

many users also bothering to apply ets2c every time. especially the case of Verified VTCs.

Please understand me and user's opinion.

Chemistry_TMP

TeamAudi Project Manager

Good morning,

personally I can't really understand why it is "bothering" or "annoying" to sign up via ets2c, trucksbook, trucky or whatever. People could for example put the used site as favorite in their browser to get to it faster. Then (in the example of ets2c) you only need to sign in via steam and click on the convoy you want to take part in. For me this isn't very hard or annoying because it is also a nice way to see who else is participating and how many people are planning to come.

Unfortunately I haven't understand yet what picture you want to make for proving how many people are planning to join a convoy? Even with a picture you haven't solved the problem that people say they want to come and then don't appear or the other way round that more pople come than originally planned. This problem could also be solved by being more strict as event organization of a VTC. You could for example exclude people from the convoy that haven't registered via website. But this will cause displeasure within the ETS community because in my experience most people are against strict conditions within the game / within a VTC.

I can understand why the TMP staff only accept the mentioned websites because it is more an "official" way and pictures can be manipulated (e.g. with photoshop).

Finally I don't think pictures are necessary because the existing websites are more than enough and very easy to handle. People that can't even manage to register via one of these websites or that are too lazy to do it shouldn't be able to take part in a convoy but this is only my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Polyxena [GER] said:

Good morning,

personally I can't really understand why it is "bothering" or "annoying" to sign up via ets2c, trucksbook, trucky or whatever. People could for example put the used site as favorite in their browser to get to it faster. Then (in the example of ets2c) you only need to sign in via steam and click on the convoy you want to take part in. For me this isn't very hard or annoying because it is also a nice way to see who else is participating and how many people are planning to come.

Unfortunately I haven't understand yet what picture you want to make for proving how many people are planning to join a convoy? Even with a picture you haven't solved the problem that people say they want to come and then don't appear or the other way round that more pople come than originally planned. This problem could also be solved by being more strict as event organization of a VTC. You could for example exclude people from the convoy that haven't registered via website. But this will cause displeasure within the ETS community because in my experience most people are against strict conditions within the game / within a VTC.

I can understand why the TMP staff only accept the mentioned websites because it is more an "official" way and pictures can be manipulated (e.g. with photoshop).

Finally I don't think pictures are necessary because the existing websites are more than enough and very easy to handle. People that can't even manage to register via one of these websites or that are too lazy to do it shouldn't be able to take part in a convoy but this is only my opinion.

Hello!

I am the Event Manager for TeamAudi VTC!

I disagree with this comment first.

I think it should be exempt for certified VTC.

This is my personal thought.

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

2 minutes ago, TeamAudi_3601_EM said:

I think it should be exempt for certified VTC.

Oh I didn't talk about the whole VTCs but about the individual persons that aren't able to use the given sources :) . Everybody is responsible for his/her own behaviour and the individual player that isn't able to register properly to an event shouldn't also be able to take part in a convoy. Again this is only my opinion and you don't need to like it. But in the first topic the community got asked for opinions and that's what I am doing, giving my personal opinion to this subject.

But when talking about VTCs, then I think that every VTC should motivate and encourage their drivers to use these websites again and again. Your own driver doesn't want to do it? Then he is not allowed to take part in the convoy (yes it is strict but in the end of the day YOU as VTC or as event manager suffers from the lazyness & stubborness of your own drivers because you don't get a dedicated server for example because less people registered for a convoy).

17 minutes ago, Polyxena [GER] said:

Oh I didn't talk about the whole VTCs but about the individual persons that aren't able to use the given sources :) . Everybody is responsible for his/her own behaviour and the individual player that isn't able to register properly to an event shouldn't also be able to take part in a convoy. Again this is only my opinion and you don't need to like it. But in the first topic the community got asked for opinions and that's what I am doing, giving my personal opinion to this subject.

But when talking about VTCs, then I think that every VTC should motivate and encourage their drivers to use these websites again and again. Your own driver doesn't want to do it? Then he is not allowed to take part in the convoy (yes it is strict but in the end of the day YOU as VTC or as event manager suffers from the lazyness & stubborness of your own drivers because you don't get a dedicated server for example because less people registered for a convoy).

Oops I'm Sorry :( 

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I fervently disagree with the notion that using a "proof of attendance" sight (such as ETS2c) is boring, annoying or cumbersome in any way. ETS2C is a simple website that offers no level of confusion to users; it has been this way for as long as it has existed. Furthermore, it is a website that asks you to login through steam (as you require steam for TMP). The likelihood of players not knowing their credentials (and in most cases having them saved on their relevant browser) is slim to none.

The alternative you are suggesting (taking a Picture or Screenshot) is not feasible for TMP, nor for anybody running an event of any significant scale. For one, a general idea of the amount of attendees is important to justify TMP authorizing the event taking place on a dedicated server. One of the crucial aspects that people forget is that hosting servers cost money. It has to be worthwhile for TMP to run it. Alas, the rough numbers have to be known in advance, otherwise the use of the event server cannot be justified.

Even then, pictures do not give necessarily give a solid number for people attending convoys or events. They are an estimate, and typically used moreso for social media presence than a statistical tally.

RLC is one such VTC that does this kind of exact science most routinely, and @Chillpadde would most likely be able to give us more insight into how things work when it comes to the final headcount they do for their weekly convoys. These statistics aren't posted immediately, as it takes time to sift through the final numbers. Most VTC leaders or event managers (either representing TMP or a VTC) will testify to that.

In summary then, ETS2C is not a difficult system, nor does it cause confusion, and pictures are not a way to justify use of an event server.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

In my opinion about the Event Server, it was not a bad idea for TruckersMP, because you have a much quieter server to play, unlike Simulation1, 2 which has many players who play badly and do not know how to simulate ... spoiling and discouraging a little.
ETS2C has been known for much longer, maybe that in the minds of some, is some competition I don't know for sure.

Here, I have to state a big issue which most Chinese players meet if using these systems such as ets2c.com, trucky.events, and trucksbook.eu/convoys.

After I tried ETS2C and trucky.events, and trucksbook.eu, I do acknowledge that the first two are great systems which can be used to publish events, and allow players to register to show how many players will attend an event easily and clearly. Trucksbook.eu needs Premium if you would like to publish events(convoys). Therefore, I will not talk about trucksbook.eu in the following text.

When players need to apply their attendances, both trucky.events and trucksbook.eu need logins via Steamcommunity or Discord. Here is the big issue. There is a network blocking implemented by the Great Firewall, which makes Chinese players inaccessible to either Steamcommunity or Discord directly or unstably. Two solutions can help us access these blocked services.

1. Online Game Accelerator. It is a tool that can provide proxy service we can buy easily and legally, which can provide a low-latency, low-data-package-loss communication route under the scenes of the online games, including TruckersMP. However, this tool provides service limited in only game clients. Steam Client is useful for Steam games, hence the tool can help players access Steamcommunity by the way when we apply the tool to some Steam game. On the contrary, we can use this tool to access Steamcommunity in the Steam client, but not in browsers. By the way, I have to remind that https://store.steampowered.com/ and https://steamcommunity.com/ have different domain names.

2. Network Proxy. This is a tool that can provide proxy service as well, which can provide data transferring under any scenes, including browsers. However, this is limited by the related management departments. Not everyone can use this service easily. Only those people who know how to build a proxy service on a server are easy to access these blocked services. Most network proxy service transactions are illegal.

When registering TruckersMP accounts, players need to access Steamcommunity as well. Because we want to find more friends who can play together, the people who can access Steamcommunity are very willing to help those who cannot access Steamcommunity to register TruckersMP. We just need to access Steamcommunity one time. To use TruckersMP services, we can just log in with TruckersMP account information. But if we need to apply our attendance to events, we have to help each other to apply every time we need to login via Steamcommunity.

I didn’t write this down to apply for privileges for Chinese players. I stated a current status of most Chinese players and teams. I acknowledge that these systems are easy for TruckersMP staff to check whether an event would meet the requirement, but it is hard for most Chinese players to register their attendances on ets2c and trucky.events. We are hoping to know whether there are any alternative methods both Chinese players and TruckersMP can use easily, or whether TruckersMP has a plan to develop a similar system (although I think it may be impossible).

Thanks for the hard work of TruckersMP, which has been providing a great platform where players can drive together. I would appreciate it if TruckersMP could take Chinese players' current issues into account.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @TeamAudi_Chemistry_EM!

Your topic has been inactive for over 14 days.

Because of that I'll close it and move it to Archive.

If you feel that you'll want this topic to be opened again, don't hesitate to contact Community Moderator.

Best Regards,

arusf2011 [PL/EN]

Community Moderator & Translator

Locked & Moved to Archive

Archived