Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

TruckersMP Freezing after ALT+Tab

LongDistanceTrucker

Question

I've had a problem with ALT+Tab for a few weeks. If I press that and I want to go back to Multiplayer, it freezes or crashed. This only happens in Multiplayer. Verifying Files of ETS2 via Steam doesn't work. Administrator mode doesn't work. Reinstalling ETS2 and TruckersMP also doesn't work. Video cards are up-to-date. I have been playing Multiplayer with ALT+Tab for years. Does anyone have a solution?

7 answers to this question

Hello LongDistanceTrucker,

as fas as I know this is a known bug especially in the case you are using DirectX11. You could either try to run ETS2 with OpenGL or to play in window mode.

I got the information about the DirectX11 problem from this post:

Hopefully one of my suggestions can help you to enjoy playing the game again and I wish you a wonderful Monday! :)

Hey there!

This problem caused by the new DirectX11 update. There are a few possible solutions to fix that problem.

1st Solution: Using game in OpenGL

> Go to your steam App
> Go to the library
> Go to ETS2/ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with OpenGL (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS2/ATS
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS2/ATS
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with OpenGL for all time. Except you change it again.

2nd Solution: Play in windowed mode

When you go to ETS2/ATS singleplayer Settings -> Graphics, you need to remove the tick from Fullscreen mode. 
Because ETS2/ATS don't support Borderless Windowed Mode, you need to use a 3rd party app for that, called Borderless Gaming.
You can download here: https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

After you installed and launched the app, launch TMP, wait until the game starts and move the game with the right arrow to the Favorites category.
A picture from the app: https://i.imgur.com/xlCKXsv.png

Kind Regards,
Krisi1051
TruckersMP - Support

• Thanks 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d

Hi Long
Disable display scaling on high DPI setting for Windows 10 (You can apply it in earlier versions also of Windows 10)

-Right-click the launcher’s shortcut and then click Properties.

-On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK.

Best Regards ?

• Thanks 1

#Creathy

Currently Rank:
284174119_role_VeteranI.png.f09bfbb8fe2a

Hello there! :) 

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️