1.37 Development Update

Digital

12 minutes ago, Paddy ?????? said:

I get all that, but you can't ignore the potential splinter groups that come from Open Source, as I've outlined. When you do this kind of thing to speed up development you compromise it. Why take that risk for the sake of getting releases maybe 1 or 2 weeks earlier? There's no tangible benefit to it.

The problem is not the waiting time for the new mod. I see a problem with overloading mwl4. The guy eats, sleeps, breathes he is human like us ahaha and that harms and consumes all his time. The guy really does it out of love because no programmer would do it alone without going crazy LOL. But everything will be all right. If anyone needs help, I'm available.

12 minutes ago, Paddy ?????? said:

I get all that, but you can't ignore the potential splinter groups that come from Open Source, as I've outlined. When you do this kind of thing to speed up development you compromise it. Why take that risk for the sake of getting releases maybe 1 or 2 weeks earlier? There's no tangible benefit to it.

And people have to learn to wait and understand. I hope everyone has the common sense to know that he is practically a developer doing all the complex work. :)

@mwl4if it's your birthday, congratulations and all the best for you;

if (birthday == "mwl4")
{
    std::cout << "congratulations";
}
else
{
    std::cout << "waiting for the next birthday LOL";
}

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, [VIVA] [BG] Vinnie P.B. said:

Probably is really hard to upgrade these soft to the next verison, but very soon v1.38 will be out for both games.

I guess when 1.37 is done, they will be much more efficient finishing 1.38 on time...?! 

1.38 version will not be out anytime soon for any of the games. The fact that SCS started showing new content we should expect in the next game version does not mean it is going to be released soon, it will take them months to finish working on that update, another month for testing and only then it will be released, so I guess the next game update will be officially released around October. 

If SCS does not change a lot in the next game update, I am more than sure TruckersMP will release the support for that version pretty quickly. We need to understand that the only reason why support for 1.37 version was delayed that much is new sound mod known as FMOD.

• Like 1

wouldnt it be funny if you guys release your 1.37 patch and scs the same day the 1.38? i think that would be funny.. and some what tragic..i hope scs doesnt do anything complicated in the next few patches so its easyer for mwl to support it. :)

love the status updates.. keep that up and going in the future please :)

• Like 2

sysp-73354.png

30 minutes ago, Digital said:

Hello! ?

I just wanted to post a quick update on the 1.37 port progress for those checking-in on this post.

We are very close to a release now, with testing taking place in the team. Now at 95% completion, there is just some work needed on the CB Radio and Skoda vehicle, as well as fixing reported bugs found by the team.

After this is complete, everything should be ready for release.?

There is no estimated date yet, but as soon as it's ready, the update will be released.

That sounds cool ?

Thanks for the information

6 minutes ago, EloyGomez said:

Wouldn't it be better, as an option I say.. Release the multiplayer code and let the community help in the development? If many people were to ride yours, that's clear, but the credits will always be yours... I'll leave it at that.

well as far as I know they have a agreement with SCS not to release any code but don’t quote me on that. I have read that a few times but I’m actually not sure if that is correct 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Digital said:

Hello! ?

I just wanted to post a quick update on the 1.37 port progress for those checking-in on this post.

We are very close to a release now, with testing taking place in the team. Now at 95% completion, there is just some work needed on the CB Radio and Skoda vehicle, as well as fixing reported bugs found by the team.

After this is complete, everything should be ready for release.?

There is no estimated date yet, but as soon as it's ready, the update will be released.

Thanks for updating us. Genuinely can't wait to hear the new FMOD. I haven't even upgraded my game of ETS yet haha!

1 hour ago, sgpch1983 said:

wouldnt it be funny if you guys release your 1.37 patch and scs the same day the 1.38? i think that would be funny.. and some what tragic..i hope scs doesnt do anything complicated in the next few patches so its easyer for mwl to support it. :)

love the status updates.. keep that up and going in the future please :)

It won't happen. SCS has not released a closed/open beta yet so 1.38 is still faaaaar away.. hopefully.

1 hour ago, Josh115 said:

well as far as I know they have a agreement with SCS not to release any code but don’t quote me on that. I have read that a few times but I’m actually not sure if that is correct 

It's a pity, because I think the community can help in the development of MP as well as people can set up their servers with mods. As long as you respect the creator of that code or pay for that code.

3 minutes ago, EloyGomez said:

It's a pity, because I think the community can help in the development of MP as well as people can set up their servers with mods. As long as you respect the creator of that code or pay for that code.

Well than they could just offer a paid rental service. But as they already mentioned: the code goes deep. So if they would release the code today it won’t really make it faster since people have to learn and understand the hole code first. But it might be useful for future updates.

But that probably wouldn’t happen. I respect and understand that.

38 minutes ago, EloyGomez said:

If there are members in the community with the time, skills, knowledge, experience, and tools required to support the development of the multiplayer client, then they should seek joining the team as a Developer.

Unfortunately, since the project began, there have only been around 3/4 developers that have been/are in the team that tick all of the boxes necessary to work on such a complex project.

• Like 4

Hello Digital

in view of your message which is 95% as you said on the update, do you think there'll be an update (1.37) before the end of the month?

Thanks you by advance for your answers.

Cordially, Skalkery 

1 minute ago, PooDy said:

You should remove that stupid skoda, then all work could be done and we finaly could play patch after more than month, and not getting still answer we are close to release, you are close for 3 weeks....

The initial intention was to release the port to 1.37 without the Skoda for a few days while it was being worked on, but that was completed by the Add-On Managers early.

There are still more important things to do than the Skoda - which is not the reason for the long delay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digital said:

If there are members in the community with the time, skills, knowledge, experience, and tools required to support the development of the multiplayer client, then they should seek joining the team as a Developer.

Unfortunately, since the project began, there have only been around 3/4 developers that have been/are in the team that tick all of the boxes necessary to work on such a complex project.

That is true. Then they should just apply as an developer. I actually don’t really see a reason to publish the code.