1.37 Development Update

Digital

3 hours ago, [VIVA] [BG] Vinnie P.B. said:

Still waiting, but... 

giphy.gif

... for your all efforts!

Seriously, you did read the post right? Sorry but that just comes across the wrong way 

26 minutes ago, [U.L.A] Jhohan said:

Could you please fix the problems you have with Directx 11.

For example, every time you use the ALT + TAB command, the game freezes and you have to close it and reopen it.

Please fix that mistake.

SERIOUSLY....Is that what causes it, i wondered what was causing the bloody overlay to get stuck....its been doing my head in for ages! 

37 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Seriously, you did read the post right? Sorry but that just comes across the wrong way 

SERIOUSLY....Is that what causes it, i wondered what was causing the bloody overlay to get stuck....its been doing my head in for ages! 

There is an easy, well, not fix, but a solution. Before you ALT TAB for the first time you need to pause F1 so the pause menu comes up, and while you are in the pause menu you need to ALT TAB, after that, you can ALT+TAB your game without pausing your game and it won't crash.

Works for me.

9 hours ago, [U.L.A] Jhohan said:

Could you please fix the problems you have with Directx 11.

For example, every time you use the ALT + TAB command, the game freezes and you have to close it and reopen it.

Please fix that mistake.

We're aware of the issue and our developers are looking into it. I've chased them on it now and will do some testing to see if a solution can be found quicker.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Woah! 1

@DigitalIf the source code were open to the community, we could help and contribute to the project's development. Unfortunately, I don't know why this project is not open-source. For example, fivem is open source and has a dll that limits any cheating on the part of malicious users.

This would lessen the workload for developers.

Think about it, it is an interesting proposal and you can do it without compromising anyone.

I also understand that the skills for reverse engineering to be done is very advanced, a guy with no knowledge of C ++ and assembly can't even imagine how to help. I bet you have several programmers interested in helping with the project. I have this knowledge in depth. I've done dozens of reverse codes, exploits and crash exploitation programs. But I don't agree with closed source, although that is a totally respectable right.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, s0b1er said:

@DigitalIf the source code were open to the community, we could help and contribute to the project's development. Unfortunately, I don't know why this project is not open-source. For example, fivem is open source and has a dll that limits any cheating on the part of malicious users.

This would lessen the workload for developers.

Think about it, it is an interesting proposal and you can do it without compromising anyone.

I also understand that the skills for reverse engineering to be done is very advanced, a guy with no knowledge of C ++ and assembly can't even imagine how to help. I bet you have several programmers interested in helping with the project. I have this knowledge in depth. I've done dozens of reverse codes, exploits and crash exploitation programs. But I don't agree with closed source, although that is a totally respectable right.

FiveM is open source which leaves you with several hundred servers with varying degrees of moderation standards and inconsistency across the board in terms of development, handling of misconduct, and modding within servers. This leaves people more open to behave like imbeciles, get banned, then move right onto the next server to do the same thing, much like Gmod TTT servers or FiveRP servers, as you've outlined.

Perhaps the development is a little slower here, but the standards are upheld as a result of this, and I think that benefits TMP as a whole.

• Like 2
  • True Story 1

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

1 hour ago, PaddyJackson said:

FiveM is open source which leaves you with several hundred servers with varying degrees of moderation standards and inconsistency across the board in terms of development, handling of misconduct, and modding within servers. This leaves people more open to behave like imbeciles, get banned, then move right onto the next server to do the same thing, much like Gmod TTT servers or FiveRP servers, as you've outlined.

Perhaps the development is a little slower here, but the standards are upheld as a result of this, and I think that benefits TMP as a whole.

Given GTA was free from Epic Games recently & R* said the servers were flooded with hackers i wouldn't be surprised if FiveM was also over run by them! As it happens the old 32bit client is open source but its also useless being the games are 64bit now....probably what the other failed attempts tried to use

• Like 1

Just now, ScaniaFan89 said:

Given GTA was free from Epic Games recently & R* said the servers were flooded with hackers i wouldn't be surprised if FiveM was also over run by them! As it happens the old 32bit client is open source but its also useless being the games are 64bit now....probably what the other failed attempts tried to use

Yeah, certainly a factor. To be honest I don't know what R* were thinking, given that they were probably still milking GTA V pretty consistently.

But yeah, overall, a prime example of why Open Source is nice for competition, but hellish for consistency. ETS and ATS moderation NEEDS consistency, so it's not a genuine viable option.

Quite aside from that, the size of the map limits player interaction anyway. Have that contested among a multitude of servers and all of a sudden, you don't see anybody. Ever. Even on C-D. You'd quickly find yourself playing Singleplayer without the AI. Why bother?

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

2 hours ago, Marcel-Dutch said:

We have next monday a big convoy.  

I hope that the 1.37 update then is ready and rollout. 

Otherwise we will not be able to participate in the convoy.   Because most of my vtc members are not willing downgrade to 1.36. 

bro with the way things are happening, we are gonna be stuck on 1.36 for a very lonnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg time

59 minutes ago, Road-King said:

I thought you said the update was almost done, that you needed some test and hopefully released it already by now you know

i got the feeling that you guys waiting for that stupid racing championship because its planned for a long time now and you afraid its not gonna work in 1.37 

i am really dissapointed in TMP like i was never before we waited so long even with your current development status it should be ready by now but i guess this Racing bullshit is more important 

dont tell me Racing championship contents will work with 1.37 no way i dont believe it lets see if the update rolls out after 13th & 14th june i have a strong feeling its gonna be right after that

The Racing Championship content is built on 1.36, but it's pretty simple for Event Management and Add-On Team to get it working on 1.37. The 1.37 port progress isn't affected by the Racing Championship, or any other event. When it's ready, it'll be pushed immediately.

Updates have taken this long in the past, there is nothing new here. It entirely depends on the complexity of the update and mwl4's availability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Digital said:

The Racing Championship content is built on 1.36, but it's pretty simple for Event Management and Add-On Team to get it working on 1.37. The 1.37 port progress isn't affected by the Racing Championship, or any other event. When it's ready, it'll be pushed immediately.

Updates have taken this long in the past, there is nothing new here. It entirely depends on the complexity of the update and mwl4's availability.

You are discussing 1.36 - 1.37 and SCS is already talking about 1.38

"""ETS2 1.38: Road to the Black Sea - Special Transport Addition"""

Edited by JualmasBR
complement