Experience on Calais - Duisburg

Strad

G' day lads,

I'm curious about how drivers feel when they drive on arguably the most populated area in ETS2 that is the Calais - Duisburg route. What are your opinions, how do you feel turning onto that stretch of road, what are some of your memorable experiences there? Personally I've only been there a couple times, not often enough to provide an in-depth explanation on how I typically feel, but for the couple times I've been there, my experience was hectic but actually super enjoyable!

Share about your experience!

Hi, 

I had a bad experience on the track.Every time I drove this route, I never healed my goal, at least on sim 1,That's why I don't ride this route anymore because you just get rammed away,

and it is no fun to be rammed on the track just to see traffic, so I prefer to  with others in a convoy drive.

I think its necessary for people to experience that road as long as they do it in a safe fashion. Personally, I haven't been down the road for a very long time. Mainly due to the Promods server and also the fact that it gets reasonably annoying after a while. However, in general it holds good memories with friends and a lot of laughter! So I think it's definitely a road to remember. 

I usually drive on CD on Simulation 1 server. Usually, I have good experience at the calm times when there is only a few players there, but when its crowded (CD gets crowded at around 17:00UTC usually) there are usually some hackers. For example, a few days ago I have played at peak times on CD, and a player was hacking with NCZ. After that day, the next day was the same, an another hacker. (By the way both players are reported and one of them is already perma banned)

At the peak times there is usually some collisons with me as well. 

Since I really like congested and crowded areas my favourite are is CD road.

Overall, if you don't like congested and crowded areas I do not recommend CD road. By the way, if you are very impatient and you can get really agressive in a short time I again do not recommend CD road, because you could get bans from there very easily. 

Before it got really busy I had always used it since it’s a great scenic route, very good scenery for the base map outside the DLC areas- would recommend going along in single player and just going around taking it in. Now tho I’d say if you enjoy having lots of people around and don’t mind the chaos it’s also good in the sense that you aren’t ever lonely on it, just don’t take a valuable load or a WoT external contract on it since you’re very likely to have some sort of incident on it ?

The C-D itself is a good driving experience as it is the area with the most interaction between the players and see different landscapes; But something is true about that route, which is about the occasions when traffic and some specific situations can lead to bad situations, such as using NCZ hacks or also from players who just arrived at TMP, that route is famous for the collisions seen in the YT, and some for bad luck they think it's always like that and they end up reported. 

But in general this route is a great driving place for its technical characteristics but always it's a place to have experiences, (or make new friends) and you also see all kinds of players, from the serious and simulator to the troll and Hacker.

CD Route is where the boy grows up and becomes a man! It is where the child cries and the mother does not see! Where the tire punctures and has no side band ... Where I get angry at bad drivers and rejoice in the beauty of the road. It is where I am never alone, even in the darkness of the night. Where, in all madness, we find gestures of sanity! Where I drive when I'm sad and where I drive a lot more when I'm happy. It's where I don't understand why so many people go there and where I meet so many people ... Honestly: this is where I like to drive !!! We will meet there!

I like that road! At what point was the most fun when the user flew away. :troll:

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

Hello! In general, I have good experience on СD. I ride there every day. Interaction with a large number of players on the road in some cases helps to better understand the rules of the road, improve attention and reaction. Sometimes annoying are some people who break the rules. But that does not stop my desire to ride there again. СD is a good place to hang out.

Ever since Middle of May  I Have Stopped going on Calais-Duisburg  as is just getting a nightmare on there  just silly driver's  crashing in to each other   and since i have stopped going on Calais -Duisburg i have enjoyed TMP a lot more less Stressful  and more fun and enjoyment  

Greetings ,

If you ask me about my visit to CD road then I would say maybe once in a month probably just when I needed to pass through Calais to Viva La France. Other than that most of the time I like to travel through calm and scenic route. 

if you really need a thrilling adventure then I may suggest CD road ?

For me (and I may seem a bit strange for this), I absolutely love the CD Road. Why?

1. It's always exciting to see which bad driver is going to spice up the journey
  2. There's always at least 10 people on, making it a less lonely experience (as compared to the rest of the TMP map)
  3. You can easily get 3 reports done in just 25 minutes of trucking

I belive that the CD road must be kept alive, as it has been there since the beggining of TMP, and must always be remembered as the road where all idiots/trolls on TMP like to congregate

Thats a good route for people who like the traffic jam anyway

My experiences are that I finally knew trucks & cars also can fly, there are also offroaders & dakkar drivers, and I also noticed that there are skilled drivers who can avoid incoming player quickly while overtaking, also occassionally I see that there are also drifters ?

The C-D is one of those routes in which you don't know what will happen around the corner in any part of it; from the moment you enter you must pay attention to under the rocks since you do not know how the other drivers will react and if you add the fact that currently not all horns work as they should you do not know if there is danger or something like that they cannot warn you of it.

In addition to that it is a very congested route at almost any time of the day, since someone always passes by, either doing a perfect simulation csi or giving a kind of "demo of the LeMans with trucks" so you can never know what will happen.

Archived