ETS: When is TruckersMP going to have 1.37 out? Its been out for a bit.

ryxnyt

Question

13 answers to this question

Hey,

I understand your question asking when the new version of ETS2/ATS will be supported on TruckersMP. 

At this moment in time, we have no ETA as to when TruckersMP will support 1.37. We appreciate the patience from the community whilst our developers work as hard as they can on a patch.
Due to the vast amount of changes with 1.37 that affects our code, this update has taken significantly longer than others may have. Still, we appreciate our community waiting for this amount of time and we hope to see the update soon.

yo

35 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

At a time when everyone is meant to be at home its taken a month already & theres a wot event coming up....People are joking it will end up being 1.38 because SCS are promoting Idaho. Lets be honest, they have had to completely rebuild the whole mod haven't they? Are the devs reaching the limits of what they can do, i have seen plenty of people offering to help! 

I understand your frustrations with the amount of time the update has taken. We must all consider that this is all a community-ran project with our staff being volunteers. The point of "everyone is meant to be at home" may not apply to some of our staff. Everyone has their own individual circumstances and may be significantly busier if they are a key worker (which some of our staff are). This pandemic will not speed up how long the development process takes at all. I'm not a Developer so I can't comment on the development side of things. However, I doubt the mod is being completely rebuilt but we must consider how many aspects will have to be changed with the synchronization side of things due to the new FMOD sound engine and the windows rolling down to name a couple features. I highly doubt that this is out of the developers limits but as there is a lot to work on, our developers may need to take more time to ensure these new features are working without any issues. We would rather provide an update that is fully working compared to an update that has been barely put together with many issues. It all comes down to the fact that we must consider TruckersMP is a free mod, updates such as the 1.37 support won't come as soon as SCS Software decide to release the update as we have no affiliation with them at all. Your patience is greatly appreciated and I can genuinely understand why you, and many others, feel this way. 

• Like 4

yo

1 hour ago, Μatt said:

I understand your frustrations with the amount of time the update has taken. We must all consider that this is all a community-ran project with our staff being volunteers. The point of "everyone is meant to be at home" may not apply to some of our staff. Everyone has their own individual circumstances and may be significantly busier if they are a key worker (which some of our staff are). This pandemic will not speed up how long the development process takes at all. I'm not a Developer so I can't comment on the development side of things. However, I doubt the mod is being completely rebuilt but we must consider how many aspects will have to be changed with the synchronization side of things due to the new FMOD sound engine and the windows rolling down to name a couple features. I highly doubt that this is out of the developers limits but as there is a lot to work on, our developers may need to take more time to ensure these new features are working without any issues. We would rather provide an update that is fully working compared to an update that has been barely put together with many issues. It all comes down to the fact that we must consider TruckersMP is a free mod, updates such as the 1.37 support won't come as soon as SCS Software decide to release the update as we have no affiliation with them at all. Your patience is greatly appreciated and I can genuinely understand why you, and many others, feel this way. 

Firstly thank you for not accusing me of things & understanding what i meant. I fully understand if people are NHS or other Key Workers that they will be busy, i still think more devs should be recruited as there are many people begging to help & afaik there are only 4 devs of which possibly 2 are working on the client although 1 is working on an upcoming game & as such is rarely on " mwl4 ", which leaves the other " ShawnCZ " who is doing a fantastic job of patching things currently, i think the others are web devs? 

1 hour ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Firstly thank you for not accusing me of things & understanding what i meant. I fully understand if people are NHS or other Key Workers that they will be busy, i still think more devs should be recruited as there are many people begging to help & afaik there are only 4 devs of which possibly 2 are working on the client although 1 is working on an upcoming game & as such is rarely on " mwl4 ", which leaves the other " ShawnCZ " who is doing a fantastic job of patching things currently, i think the others are web devs? 

Thank you for understanding my points :)

I understand the idea of recruiting more developers. Unfortunately it isn't as simple as just opening a recruitment as we have never publicly recruited developers. Some of our developers do have other commitments outside TMP so of course they won't have their 100% focus on the update. We know waiting can be boring or a hassle, trust me I'm also having to wait, but your patience and understanding the situation is really appreciated. I have very high hopes that we will see the update soon.

yo

Well i'm playing since literally the first minutes of this mod,and i decided do become a patreon to help the dev team to develop and keep this mod alive for may years.I'm pretty sure that they are working as hard as they can to update the mod but i bet there a huge sincronization problems caused by the adption of FMOD.i used to make the same questions,but i learned to be patient and wait.

• Like 1

Hello there, :) 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation.

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support  

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️