I can't even download the mod...

VerrtiGo

Question

Hello! I was able to get the mod to work on my Windows 7 PC, but now that I have upgraded to a Windows 8.1 PC, when I click on the "Install ETS2MP" executable file once you unzip the client folder, I get an error that looks like this

post-23637-0-44015200-1427503768_thumb.p

I am on the administrator side of my computer, as that is the only account, and I am running it as administrator just to be sure...

Can anyone help me? I would love to play the mod, but with this issue, I cannot....

76561198137698940.png

4 answers to this question

What Anti-Virus have you got running? Try to disable it, and re-download the mod. It may just be removing the file, since the Anit-Virus is not finding an "Official Publisher", thus a false positive.

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

What Anti-Virus have you got running? Try to disable it, and re-download the mod. It may just be removing the file, since the Anit-Virus is not finding an "Official Publisher", thus a false positive.

I am using Norton 360, I have not been able to find a way to disable it, I will check back to you if I find a way

76561198137698940.png

Thank you sir! I was able to disable Norton, and am now happily playing Multiplayer, Thanks again!

76561198137698940.png

Thank you sir! I was able to disable Norton, and am now happily playing Multiplayer, Thanks again!

No problem! Enjoy Multiplayer! Be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules!

Cheers!

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!