ETS/ATS

ETS2/ATS

Hey yall why tf are there only 150 about players playing ats multiplayer but 2000+ ets2 multiplayer it would be so much more fun if about 1000 people atleast played ats. Do yall really hate that game or what? I have it and i love it but sadly its boring since 300max players play it in multiplayer.

Hey there @Baltic Logistik Kajus,

As this topic is more about ATS than ETS2, I will move it to the ATS Discussion sub-forum. In case you have any questions regarding this action, or something else, don't hesitate to DM me any time :)!

Kind regards, 

- Inklink 

(ET + CMT) 

//Moved to American Truck Simulator Discussion Forum

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's very much a personal preference as well as where you live. I find that many of the Americans I know play ATS over ETS2. I personally live in the UK and therefore find it nicer to play on ETS2 since I'm more familiar with the trucks etc. However, I have no issue playing on ATS really, I just find it more fun and interesting to play in a European based map. :D 

To be honest, I think it’s more content and map size that does it for me. The ETS2 map has been around and worked on for a lot longer, and generally there’s more places to go and explore especially with the various map DLC’s. If ATS gets some more content or expansions then I imagine the player numbers will increase again, I remember when ATS was first released in 2016 the servers were well and truly full then.

Here is the answer I gave in a similar thread : 

I think part of it is also because for some reason they chose to start on the West Coast.... which is the second most boring part of America to drive in (the Plains is still more boring.... I'm looking at you KANSAS!)

If they had started on the East Coast I bet you there would be at least twice as many people playing. Another issue I have is that the road density seems very lackluster in the states we do have. Not enough back-roads in-between main routes. Not enough smaller towns and cities between, either.

Furthermore, we went a long time with only 2 types of trucks to choose from. But the blame for that can't be placed on the developers really. I can speak from personal experience helping out with the development of another driving game that American companies are GREEEEEEDY and will nickel and dime you to represent every little part of their vehicles in a game. Not that it matters in this game.... but oh hey you want to add a realistic damage model? Companies like GM/Ford will charge you millions to see their precious cyber-bodies crinkled. Or even.... just a scratch on the windshield.... that'll cost your developers as well. As I said, not a factor in the trucking sims but it really helps demonstrate the greed these companies have when represented in a video game.

Another issue I think is the styling of American trucks.... and their vehicles in general. Pretty much America is the only place that likes their cars to look the way they do. Granted, our home-manufactured vehicles are generally outdated in nearly every way, including body style.

Then we come to the self-feedback issues. A perceived low-population leads to lower population. The only way to reverse that is SUSTAINED increase in the population. This means the ATS devs will need to greatly increase the speed at which they develop the game, regardless of how many people are working on it. "We're a small team" only goes so far as justification. We have 6 states.... together which don't feel as if they add up to ETS2 vanilla in size or complexity. And yes, I've been around long enough to have played ETS2 vanilla.... in fact I remember ETS 2 Vanilla before the up-scaling.... albeit I don't remember it enough to go as far as to say the full ATS map isn't bigger than pre-upscaled ETS2 vanilla... but it might actually be. We have very few cosmetic choices to pimp out our trucks with.... and we still do lack variety in trucks to choose from, even though that has gotten a bit better in the past year.

What I will say is ATS seems to have better graphics to work with.... so I think (and hope) that once we get out of the desert states (granted, Oregon and Washington are less boring so far) and into the more interesting areas like the Rockies... and once we get another 2 or 3 truck brands.... things will really start to kick off in a big way. Unfortunately we still do have some more boring states to go once we get to the Plains, and some of the Midwest.... but at least by then we'll have some cooler stuff to drive through. 

My rule of thumb is.... if I want to play ATS the MP server needs to have at least 250 people playing or else I'm going single player. I'd rather deal with AI traffic than empty roads.... especially since I stream both ATS and ETS quite often and viewers will get even more bored than I with empty roads. 

Now... the OP's question was why the servers are so empty (anything under 500 is empty IMO).... and these are my answers. This all being said, I do see a very bright future in ATS. It could even grow to be better than ETS2 some day. But there will be challenges. American Culture isn't all big into car culture anymore, in part because we no longer produce the coolest cars whether it be race cars or passenger cars... I think that will become the biggest thing going against bringing in a casual base. So IMO it is likely that ATS will be more a game for people who already have an interest in trucking, as opposed to ETS2 which has a vast casual base. So it is possible that for ATS the promotional strategies may have to be different. 

I do think we will see the day when ATS servers get full enough to actually have to have more servers, just like ETS2 did. But I think ATS will have a few more challenges to get there. Basically.... my outlook on the game is bright, but I don't have expectations of the same pace of explosive popularity that ETS2 experienced..... short of the development team quadrupling in size, and at some point putting all the states we have now in the base game w/o DLCs (because people will expect the base game to have as big of a map as ETS2 does).... once we have a few more states to drive around in.

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/05/2020 at 17:59, Baltic Logistik Kajus said:

ETS2 / ATS

Ei, pessoal, por que tf existem apenas 150 jogadores jogando multiplayer de ats, mas mais de 2000 ets2 multiplayer seria muito mais divertido se cerca de 1000 pessoas jogassem atts? Vocês realmente odeiam esse jogo ou o quê? Eu tenho e adoro, mas infelizmente é chato, já que os jogadores do 300max jogam no modo multiplayer.

Adding AI traffic to servers

On 01/06/2020 at 21:50, MadCowTransport said:

Aqui está a resposta que eu dei em um tópico semelhante: 

Eu acho que parte disso também é porque, por alguma razão, eles escolheram começar na Costa Oeste .... que é a segunda parte mais chata da América a dirigir (as planícies são ainda mais chato .... Estou olhando para você, KANSAS!)

Se eles tivessem começado na Costa Leste, aposto que haveria pelo menos o dobro de pessoas jogando. Outra questão que tenho é que a densidade das estradas parece muito pouco clara nos estados que temos. Não há estradas secundárias suficientes entre as principais rotas. Também não são suficientes cidades menores e cidades intermediárias.

Além disso, passamos muito tempo com apenas 2 tipos de caminhões para escolher. Mas a culpa disso não pode ser atribuída aos desenvolvedores. Eu posso falar por experiência pessoal, ajudando no desenvolvimento de outro jogo de direção, que as empresas americanas são GREEEEEEDY e vão ganhar níquel e moeda de dez centavos para representar cada pequena parte de seus veículos em um jogo. Não que isso importe neste jogo ... mas oh, ei, você deseja adicionar um modelo de dano realista? Empresas como a GM / Ford cobrarão milhões para ver seus preciosos corpos cibernéticos amassados. Ou até ... apenas um arranhão no para-brisa ... que também custará aos seus desenvolvedores. Como eu disse, não é um fator nos Sims de caminhões, mas realmente ajuda a demonstrar a ganância que essas empresas têm quando representadas em um videogame.

Outra questão que eu acho é o estilo dos caminhões americanos ... e de seus veículos em geral. Praticamente a América é o único lugar que gosta de seus carros com a aparência que eles têm. É verdade que nossos veículos fabricados em casa geralmente estão desatualizados em quase todos os aspectos, incluindo o estilo da carroceria.

Então chegamos às questões de auto-feedback. Uma população baixa percebida leva a uma população menor. A única maneira de reverter isso é o aumento SUSTENTADO da população. Isso significa que os desenvolvedores do ATS precisarão aumentar bastante a velocidade com que desenvolvem o jogo, independentemente de quantas pessoas estejam trabalhando nele. "Somos uma equipe pequena" só chega a justificar. Temos 6 estados .... juntos que não parecem como se fossem baunilha ETS2 em tamanho ou complexidade. E sim, eu já estou aqui há tempo suficiente para tocar baunilha ETS2 .... na verdade, eu me lembro da baunilha ETS 2 antes da expansão ... embora eu não me lembre o suficiente para ir tão longe quanto dizer o mapa completo do ATS não é maior do que a baunilha ETS2 pré-escalada ... mas pode realmente ser. Temos muito poucas opções cosméticas para preparar nossos caminhões com ....

O que direi é que a ATS parece ter gráficos melhores para trabalhar ... então eu acho (e espero) que, uma vez que saímos dos estados do deserto (concedido, Oregon e Washington sejam menos entediantes até agora) e entrem nos mais áreas interessantes como as Montanhas Rochosas ... e uma vez que tenhamos mais 2 ou 3 marcas de caminhões ... as coisas realmente começarão muito. Infelizmente ainda temos alguns estados mais chatos para ir quando chegarmos às planícies e parte do Centro-Oeste ... mas pelo menos até lá teremos coisas mais legais para percorrer. 

Minha regra geral é .... se eu quiser jogar ATS, o servidor MP precisa ter pelo menos 250 pessoas jogando, caso contrário, eu vou jogar como jogador único. Prefiro lidar com o tráfego de IA do que com estradas vazias ... especialmente porque eu transmito tanto o ATS quanto o ETS com bastante frequência e os espectadores ficam ainda mais entediados do que eu com estradas vazias. 

Agora ... a pergunta do OP era por que os servidores estão tão vazios (qualquer coisa abaixo de 500 é IMO vazio) ... e essas são minhas respostas. Tudo isso dito, vejo um futuro muito brilhante na ATS. Poderia até crescer para ser melhor do que o ETS2 algum dia. Mas haverá desafios. A cultura americana não se interessa mais pela cultura automobilística, em parte porque já não produzimos os carros mais legais, sejam carros de corrida ou de passageiros ... Acho que isso se tornará a maior coisa contra a criação de uma base casual. Portanto, na IMO, é provável que o ATS seja mais um jogo para pessoas que já têm interesse em caminhões, em oposição ao ETS2, que tem uma vasta base casual. Portanto, é possível que, para o ATS, as estratégias promocionais possam ter que ser diferentes. 

Eu acho que veremos o dia em que os servidores ATS ficarão cheios o suficiente para realmente ter mais servidores, assim como o ETS2. Mas acho que o ATS terá mais alguns desafios para chegar lá. Basicamente .... minha visão do jogo é brilhante, mas não tenho expectativas do mesmo ritmo de popularidade explosiva que o ETS2 experimentou ..... aquém da equipe de desenvolvimento quadruplicar de tamanho e, em algum momento, colocar tudo os estados que temos agora no jogo base sem DLCs (porque as pessoas esperam que o jogo base tenha um mapa tão grande quanto o ETS2) ... ... quando tivermos mais alguns estados para dirigir.

Adding AI traffic to servers

I agree with what most people are saying. We'll likely see a surge in player count following the support of update 1.37 for ATS. You make an interesting point that I have always wondered about too!

/ --- - //       Achievement Get!

/ -- -- //        Locating the Forums

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾                                                         

The only thing that is bugging me is the changes they have made in the new update. Why are triple trailers and truck deliveries kicking people off MP? These are legal under sized loads. One downfall of having a development team from another country who do not understand what is what in another country. Also why do the trucks not at least puff a bit of smoke when taking off from a dead stop? They still put out some smoke emissions still.

18 minutes ago, Twitch.tv/Ktigris2 said:

The only thing that is bugging me is the changes they have made in the new update. Why are triple trailers and truck deliveries kicking people off MP? These are legal under sized loads. One downfall of having a development team from another country who do not understand what is what in another country. Also why do the trucks not at least puff a bit of smoke when taking off from a dead stop? They still put out some smoke emissions still.

Meh probably a waste of time at this point. In 2026 all trucks will be required to produce zero smoke in most of the country, violating is a fine until 2031 when it becomes a misdemeanor... according to a memo my friend got recently from the company he currently hauls for. People are already preparing to replace the parts with what's needed to get this done. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  Baltic Logistik Kajus

I Like ETS2 Better as there are more people on their  and the only reason why i dont like to drive on ATS as there is not so many players  on ATS so that is why i dont like to play ATS 

Have a good rest of your day/evening

regards 

busman11 

@Busman11 I don't understand this mentallity though.  With the map size even during off hours it's possible to encounter another player every few minutes and during peak hours it's common to see other traffic regardless of where you are on the map.  

For so many players that comment on the forums that they avoid C-D road (and are willing to drive the empty other countries) it makes no sense to not want to play ATS since you'd avoid the kids on C-D while also encountering more players.  If more people were willing to ignore that there's a lower player count, we could easily fill the server up

I bought both recently, ATS is good but the map size for me let's it down. ETS you have multiple countrys with multiple rules as you go along to keep it interesting. Then as somebody has said you only have the west coast, big let down for me. If it was a scaled to ETS sized map but the whole USA map then me personally I would probably jump across.

I will play it eventually but for now ETS has the player number and map size that keeps my attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived