Speed Limit / ETS2 servers (I know, the topic has dragged out)

Chuck Norris Sr.

Question

I observed at the login screen (Server select) that the speed limit was set to 90 for ETS2 servers.  I recently (a couple weeks prior) saw it at 110.  When I logged in and was driving, obviously I maxed out at 90, no load, no trailer, with trailer, with load, any possible combo.   While doing a couple drives (no load) I was maxed at 90, while another handful of trucks passed me up, clearly not doing 90, but most likely 110.  My connection (network) is just fine, I run a high end PC, no video lag, game lag, etc.  So that's not the issue.  

Does this server impose Speed restrictions on individual accounts or am I to believe that some are just bypassing the restrictions with mods that work in Server 1 and 2?

10 answers to this question

Hi @Chuck Norris Sr.,

You can drive as you say 110 on server 1 and 2. If you can´t drive more than 90. Here is a quick guide:

You can remove the speed limiter from the gameplay settings by unticking "Truck Speed Limiter":

8Rsjq.jpg

• Confused 1

ZefojGaming

TruckersMP  |  Master Trucker

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Regler | Rekruttering | Support | Feedback | Mød Teamet | Guider | Forslag

I tried that - it defaulted back to Speed Limiter checked after I unchecked it and I left the menu - I realized from some in game help that its a "World of Trucks" thing because my account is linked?   If you take a WOT haul that it limits you to 90?    But I also tried non-WOT hauls and it still kept me at 90 - so....  ehhh minor annoyance for the time being - just trying to figure out the small things.

Hello there! :) 

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support

• Thanks 1

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Sorry, but there are too many people commenting on this thread that are giving various answers - I know there is a speed limiter setting IN the game settings, and there is a Speed Limiter setting in the Truckers MP Mod settings.   I have already tried the in game one and that one keeps defaulting back on after I have selected it.     For the Truckers MP mod, does it need to be checked or un-checked to turn off the speed limiting and allow the 110 kph?       Thank you,

Hi @Chuck Norris Sr.,

You need to have it unchecked in the TMP tab menu. If the game automatic puts the settings back to the default, would i recommend you to do this, that worked for me:

• Go to the C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles folder.
  • If you have multiple profiles, do the below steps for each of them.
  • Open the file config.cfg in Notepad.
  • Find uset g_force_economy_reset and change its setting to "0" instead of "1"
  • Save the file. Start the game.

Greetings:

ZefojGaming

ZefojGaming

TruckersMP  |  Master Trucker

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Regler | Rekruttering | Support | Feedback | Mød Teamet | Guider | Forslag

Hello there, :) 

Since you got the answer, i will go ahead and move this topic to solve topics. 

If you have anymore issue in the future, feel free to contact us again 

Sincerely,
Beenz.

TruckersMP - Support 

//Locked and moved to Solved Topics 

• Thanks 1

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️