Why Calais-Duisburg Route???

Mineiro Uai

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't intentionally drive on it, but I don't avoid it either. The reason i don't avoid it is because I don't care. It has been long understood to me that this stretch was chaotic and both fun and stressful. I always see some stupid stuff there, but only a minority of the time do I see anything that I'd really go out of my way to report. So my view of it isn't an area full of trouble makers, although with influx of new players (and this is where all the new players will be) you will see a higher chance of trouble makers that haven't been banned in this general region.

Here are some things you can typically expect
- At least one traffic jam
- People often times not watching where they are going before pulling out of an intersection or city building/lot
- Intentional blocking/ramming about 35% of the time
- Intentional wrong way driving about 20% of the time
- Voice chat trolling about 90% of the time

By my observations by far the most annoying part of this route is the voice chat trolling. People screaming over the mic, half of which have the mic literally in their vocal chords instead of at proper distance.... or playing really bad music.... or just generally being immature and trying to annoy others. That would be the greatest reason to avoid this route to me. Thankfully I can mute by CB if need be. But the majority of the time I do get through there with minimal or no damage so I can't honestly say it's a detriment to my truck/jobs to drive through there.... and more times than not I had more fun going through there than annoyances. Stress? Well yes.... there is always stress haha. Avoid it if you need 100% relaxation ? which we all do from time to time. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

On 6/2/2020 at 6:14 AM, MadCowTransport said:

I don't intentionally drive on it, but I don't avoid it either. The reason i don't avoid it is because I don't care. It has been long understood to me that this stretch was chaotic and both fun and stressful. I always see some stupid stuff there, but only a minority of the time do I see anything that I'd really go out of my way to report. So my view of it isn't an area full of trouble makers, although with influx of new players (and this is where all the new players will be) you will see a higher chance of trouble makers that haven't been banned in this general region.

Here are some things you can typically expect
- At least one traffic jam
- People often times not watching where they are going before pulling out of an intersection or city building/lot
- Intentional blocking/ramming about 35% of the time
- Intentional wrong way driving about 20% of the time
- Voice chat trolling about 90% of the time

By my observations by far the most annoying part of this route is the voice chat trolling. People screaming over the mic, half of which have the mic literally in their vocal chords instead of at proper distance.... or playing really bad music.... or just generally being immature and trying to annoy others. That would be the greatest reason to avoid this route to me. Thankfully I can mute by CB if need be. But the majority of the time I do get through there with minimal or no damage so I can't honestly say it's a detriment to my truck/jobs to drive through there.... and more times than not I had more fun going through there than annoyances. Stress? Well yes.... there is always stress haha. Avoid it if you need 100% relaxation ? which we all do from time to time. 

My opinion: the best and complete definition of the Calais-Duisburg Route. T u.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

C-D is driven by players with ban or hvy ban history. Simple answer is - base game is 5 bucks. Or the other way around -> they are just too cheap or under age (16- yo) to make their own cash.
People without bans and DLCs drive everywhere else and sometimes in ProMods (map size). 

Also - "Because people love that road and due to crowd people get a sense of realism" - this is half right. The second part of the sentance is correct and for the wrong reason, but that is due to the absence of traffic AI that TMP does not want on servers. And it on itself is proven to be a problem for these two reasons: 1. Children are everywhere (unable to drive properly) and 2. the AI is just stupid and limited (runs with truck speed limiter ON and was never fixed by the game developers).

I've never actually drove it yet but I do listen to Trucker FM and every traffic report I hear about this road ?

The C-D, unlike the other routes of all ETS2, is a very busy route with enough problems typical of a large traffic and one can see everything; And if you add as it is in itself the route with its curves pending links and others is very good to drive and more if it is with friends, but as I said before you have your problems as very reckless drivers on occasions and hackers of course.

So finally tried it. Go for a right turn signal manouevre all of that, somebody comes up my inside and my outside and sandwich me, stuck on central reservation but in the chat apparently I'm in the wrong ? think that's me staying off that road in future ?

On 7/1/2020 at 9:46 AM, Niuro_BG said:

C-D is driven by players with ban or hvy ban history. Simple answer is - base game is 5 bucks. Or the other way around -> they are just too cheap or under age (16- yo) to make their own cash.
People without bans and DLCs drive everywhere else and sometimes in ProMods (map size). 

Also - "Because people love that road and due to crowd people get a sense of realism" - this is half right. The second part of the sentance is correct and for the wrong reason, but that is due to the absence of traffic AI that TMP does not want on servers. And it on itself is proven to be a problem for these two reasons: 1. Children are everywhere (unable to drive properly) and 2. the AI is just stupid and limited (runs with truck speed limiter ON and was never fixed by the game developers).

@Niuro_BGSomething is confusing...I would like you explain more your idea, especially about AI

On 7/3/2020 at 6:40 PM, Durham Logistics said:

I've never actually drove it yet but I do listen to Trucker FM and every traffic report I hear about this road ?

@Durham Logistics 

You will never know if you have never tried it ... It is an incredible experience - sometimes: crazy, but very interesting! Pure adrenaline!!!

On 7/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, benjagamer33 said:

The C-D, unlike the other routes of all ETS2, is a very busy route with enough problems typical of a large traffic and one can see everything; And if you add as it is in itself the route with its curves pending links and others is very good to drive and more if it is with friends, but as I said before you have your problems as very reckless drivers on occasions and hackers of course.

@benjagamer33 This being the case - "... it is a very busy route, with enough problems typical of large traffic and you can see everything ..." - that makes this route so special. I appreciated your vision.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived