Why Calais-Duisburg Route???

Mineiro Uai

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Mineiro Uai said:

I do it because I want and like it ... it's like a real road.

To be honest, I am thankful that it is not like a real road.
If real drivers behaved as reckless, ignorant and over-confident in a real traffic congestion, driving would be already forbidden. ?
On a serious note, I went there only a few times because of a job but never intentionally. Though I followed the speed limit on that road given by the GPS (60 km/h + 80 km/h) still some players managed to overtake me inappropriately, leading to a collision with my vehicle.
I guess the good side of all this was that after I reported the perpetrators they were banned for some time or even permanently (those with a previous punishment history.

Dear @Mineiro Uai,

Upon reviewing your topic, I came to the conclusion to move the topic to the ETS2 Discussion Forum as it is about ETS2 (as you've said yourself as well). If you have any questions regarding this action, or something else, don't hesitate to DM me :)!

Kindest regards,

- Inklink 

(ET + CMT)

//Moved to Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussion Forum

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

It is a known route because if you analyze it, you have sharp curves, slopes, high and low motorway crossings, rail crossing, it is 1 track per direction and in some parts it's quite closed or complex, so it's a perfect route to learn how to drive in addition to being interesting as there's always traffic in that way, in addition to typical problems such as hacker, traffic and multiple accidents; in addition to not needing any additional DLC to enjoy the route though if you require some experience and resurate when driving there because of the issues described above.

1 hour ago, Moritaka said:

It is a known route because if you analyze it, you have sharp curves, slopes, high and low motorway crossings, rail crossing, it is 1 track per direction and in some parts it's quite closed or complex, so it's a perfect route to learn how to drive in addition to being interesting as there's always traffic in that way, in addition to typical problems such as hacker, traffic and multiple accidents; in addition to not needing any additional DLC to enjoy the route though if you require some experience and resurate when driving there because of the issues described above.

A perfect route to learn how to drive...There are plenty of other roads which are pretty much like that. In my opinion you wouldn't be learning how to drive on that road but more rather how not to he hit by other traffic. 

1 hour ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

A perfect route to learn how to drive...There are plenty of other roads which are pretty much like that. In my opinion you wouldn't be learning how to drive on that road but more rather how not to he hit by other traffic. 

For that same reason you learn, since one manages to identify things and attitudes, in addition to the maneuvers that one MUST NOT do while driving with more people in an extremely busy area; also if one learns in areas that are empty and without interaction with ordinary people [be they who take the game seriously and those who do not] you will not be able to drive well when you are, whether you are with a dedicated player or a troll.

I'm not certain a 90km/h speed limit will solve the issues that exist on the route, when a great deal of collisions stem from the fact that there is some degree of gridlock. It's also not all that much of a difference, as I'm fairly certain some people lose control of their trucks at even less than that — either through inexperience, a lapse of concentration, or downright malice. Regardless of the cause, the issues won't go away with an altered limit.

@[Allegiant]Sully raises a good point that some people go there just for trouble, and I find it hard to argue with that summary. The key word there however is some. Not everybody goes there for trouble. Some go because it's busy and like the idea of some form of community. It's by no stretch of the imagination a perfect concept of community, but it exists nonetheless, and some people prefer that to the very quiet roads of Western Russia, or the quiet routes around Sweden. You can't blame people for wanting to see other players on a multiplayer platform. That's the whole point; even if it does mean you get a bumper thump or two as a result.

Alas, I don't believe there is an outright solution to the issues that stem from the C-D route, other than players remaining vigilant and reporting those who are deliberately causing undue mayhem.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

The only reason I go down the road is for the sheer amount of players on it. I think it's the best place to go, if you're looking for that more realistic feel. Although, some of the behaviour on it, would have you questioning that same realism.

I tend to drive more in convoys, or on other roads on the map, though. While Calais - Duisburg can be fun, nothing beats driving on an open road with a few friends.

ioJopO8.jpg

Raising or lowering the speed limit would not solve a single thing. So long as everybody drives sensibly that is fine however truth be told is that not everyone does, fair enough people like to go there for the traffic I can understand that yet at the same time you're also just putting yourself into the category of players who may be going there to look for trouble. And if it isn't coming from you then it comes to you from someone else unless it is entirely avoided. 

The thing is that so many players seem to want to remain dormant to one stretch of road to and from two cities instead of actually venturing out to other parts of the map where they might not of explored before. And by so many going there it is only creating more and more problems due to the sheer amount of traffic, both on that road and within the cities. 

There just no need for it guys, like I keep saying the map is big enough. And you're just ruining your experience on one road and two cities, now for me that's just not good especially the excuses I've heard or read about why players go there. 

I think the "CD" route is very used because it is an area where we do not need DLC, which contains a one-lane road and which is not flat. I also think it's a route where a lot of people meet, so when people want to see people, well, they take this famous route. because driving without meeting anyone quickly becomes boring.

Archived