Hot Topic #24: ETS2 and ATS Release 1.37

tfmpillow

Hey Truckers,

Welcome back to yet another edition of our Hot Topics series! 

Recently, SCS Software has released version 1.37 for both ETS2 and ATS. 

What were your expectations of this update, and has SCS Software met those? And what do you think SCS should add in a later update?

Please be aware that we do not have an ETA to support 1.37 on TMP yet.

Discuss it all below in this new edition of Hot Topic!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Alright, if in this update French cities Metz, Reims, Strasbourg and Dijon have got refresh then other left cities Lyon, Lille and Calais should be recreated. Near Calais could be created crowds of refugees trying to get into UK. Also SCS could recreate Benelux countries before finishing Germany. All of it could be like minor updates. In version 1.38 I hope to see refreshed Germany's last parts (south and west), new brand trailer company Krone in new Weltre area and of course new Krone trailer, more ownable trailers- car transportation trailer, dumper trailer, low bed trailer or special transport trailer. :) 

• Like 1

Extremely disappointed with 1.37, really hate the sounds, they are horrible and really gonna miss the old Renault Premium and Magnum sounds and horns and the old Scania horns and sounds and all the differeant air horns too all being differeant. Wish they had left the sounds alone. The opening window is an interesting feature but honestly not something I will probably ever use

• Like 2

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

I think it met expectations with more than 1.37. Very big features are coming to the game.

We eagerly await.  ^_^ :tmp:

Well, I was totally disappointed with SCS in my opinion the worst update they did was the 1.37 in some ways. 

If your are disappointed with the SCS 1.37 update, can you explain why you are disappointed?

As i understand it the sounds with FMOD are still 'Work in Progress'?

Personally I have only looked at 1.37 on ATS and i am impressed with the update but knowing the sounds are still work in progress i can live with that.

spacer.png

Оverall an interesting update. I drove the shkord in an American truck simulator and it sounded like a truck which I didn't really like as an option, but in the end SCS are trying to bring realism and I like it, to be honest my rating is 9 out of 10 for 1.37. As for what I want to add, the SCS team is to get off the truck in all places, or at least at a gas station, a hotel, in a service station and to be able to walk around the cities on foot. In order not to become more somatic in tmp, the characters who are not in the trucks or cars can be no collisions,  as is done in arad servers.

Поздрави : Wub:

Нощно желание

16 hours ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Extremely disappointed with 1.37, really hate the sounds, they are horrible and really gonna miss the old Renault Premium and Magnum sounds and horns and the old Scania horns and sounds and all the differeant air horns too all being differeant. Wish they had left the sounds alone. The opening window is an interesting feature but honestly not something I will probably ever use

Yep couldnt agree more, some sounds are alright but its just effects really! If you blast the old Scania & Magnum horns together it actually sounds like the real horn.....

20 hours ago, Pillow said:

What were your expectations of this update, and has SCS Software met those? And what do you think SCS should add in a later update?

Please be aware that we do not have an ETA to support 1.37 on TMP yet.

Not really as a its a lot of copy paste from ATS which just ruins ETS, European air horns simply DO NOT sound like the American ones! I hope 1.37 comes out soon because the way its going SCS will release 1.38 before it is & that will cause even more issues being its meant to be a graphics overhaul 

1.37 is quite a big let down on the Sounds side ..... Sounds from ATS have been copied over to ETS. Noticed on certain 8x4 chassis trucks windows dont actually roll down. the sound is the only thing that activates. Engine sounds are all messed up and wrong.The New Tanker trailer meant to be a liquids trailer ... instead been copied over and changed to be a EU Trailer (food cistern). Quit button doesnt work or function as inteded ... which has now broken my game bit more than it was already broke ..... (have to Force Exit via Steam) sooo yea unfortunaltly 1.37 is just a complete mess also same issue from 1.35/36 and now on 1.37 the weather put that on 50% it doesnt actually function it registers as have it Rain with no weather change no let off just pure 100% pemant Downpour... 

Fønix Wolfe
Global Cargo Int'l Driving Team 

I have enjoyed the update personally, with the sounds being more surround-based. The most notable part of that for me was in the gas station, where I originally thought I wasn't fueling up properly. It was only later that I found it was because I was in the cab and not next to the pump itself. Certainly something new.

The windows rolling up/down was an interesting addition, but I couldn't help but think that this was just a bit of a gimmick. It's certainly true that some people will always play with their windows down, some will play with them up, and that's fine, but rather than making it a real-time game operation, I feel this could have been something set by integers in the options screen, or something added into the F4 menu for adjusting the seat/wheel. The game struggles to bind things as it is, so it's a little overkill to have to bind it to the likes of numpad keys and lose camera switches.

I think that some people are rightly annoyed by some lack-luster attention paid during the update; there is an element of "porting" present from ATS over to ETS2, which isn't really what you'd expect from SCS. That said, FMOD is a wildly new concept not only for us, but for SCS too, so given all the work they've done for years, I think we can allow them this little experimental phase. As has been said already, this is an ongoing project and I don't think we're at the final article yet.

One big issue of course is how the workshop mods will find themselves suddenly incompatible with the windows palava. I'm sure updates will be made for this, but not all truly amazing models will follow this update and that's a bit of a shame.

Overall then, a well and truly mixed bag for this particular launch, but we'll see how it plays out over the coming weeks and months.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

I dont really like the 1.37 update, Sounds are not really that interesting. If you want to use the openable windows that literally takes 4 keys from your keyboard which we have to sacrifice some other function. Engine sounds are also messed up. Lets hope they will fix them soon.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:56 PM, Glөbetrөtter said:

My discontent with 1.37 so far is exclusively the sounds. To the point of wishing to have the sounds back to 1.36. Personally, I don't feel involved with these new sounds yet.

I feel you mate.

Most of the time im using my beyerdynamic mmx 300 to "feel" the sound. With this update the feeling is different.. in a bad way.

The most annoying thing for me is the sound "placement" if you will. The right speaker is WAY louder then the left one. I guess its to simulate the: you sit left in the truck so we have to crank up the engine sound in the right speaker. SUPER annoying. To the point that im using my stereo amplifier to "center" the sound again, which fks up the ambient sounds..

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 2:04 AM, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

No Sorry i extremely disagree becouse i like the official blinker sounds and the old ETS 1 audio is finally gone. Yes i agree they are horrible with creating engine sounds and physics. DAF sounds actually improved but still a million miles off the real deal for the 105. and the 105 &^106 sounds are fantastic in real life and its a shame SCS is so incompetent at making stuff when they can ask modders for their files...

Some guy that makes videos on the internet

I like the new update honestly. I experienced FMOD on ATS and I'm quite excited to experience it on ETS2 as soon as possible. I think 1.37 will set up for many cool updates in the future. I'm particularly excited to just be able to put my window down, I feel like that will lead to a more interactive truck in future updates. Overall, I think the update is a good step in the right direction and things can only improve. I think it has lived up to my expectations.

In the next few updates I'd like to see some new owned-trailers as well as some more accessories. I think the current accessories such as lights and wheels etc are limited and could be improved. Maybe a DLC could even help this, I'd be one to buy it. I think that's mainly down to my SP Modded profile in which I have an excess of Hella lights available to me. ?

All in all, looking forward to where SCS take the game next!

I like most of the features of 1.37. But, cons of 1.37 is FMOD sound coming not as expected. We must using sound fixes mod to fixing ugly default sound.

An Euro Truck Simulator 2 & American Truck Simulator Player from Indonesia ??
Virtual Driver on Prime Logistics ?
See you on the road ^^ ? ?

• Matt unpinned this topic