[ARCHIVED] How to conveniently switch between 1.36 and 1.37

Message added by Phon,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide, follow at your own risk.

It is presumed but unknown whether this works for more modern versions of the game.

This guide is for people who want to keep 1.37 installed for whatever reason (i use VR) but still want to play in MP.

We are going to be using a batch script to rename the ETS2 folder and make Steam launch the version of your choosing.

1. Go to https://pastebin.com/00pVkCs9
  2. Copy the code into your favorite text editor (like Notepad++)
  3. Substitute %SteamLibrary% with your Steam library folder (For example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common)
  4. Save the file anywhere as .bat

Now off to prepare your game's folder:

1. If you're playing in MP, you have version 1.36. Go to your Steam library folder and make a copy of the Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder and name it "Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 1.36" without quotes. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT AS THE BATCH FILE LOOKS SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT FOLDER!
  2. Go to Steam and opt out of the 1.36 fallback and wait for the download to complete.

That's it! Now all you gotta do is launch the script whenever you want to play and type in the version you desire.

Here's a demonstration video: https://streamable.com/ti33ko

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@loquilloW

I tested and approved. I also used it with 1.37 x 1.38. Answering your question: The TMP launcher will inform you that the version is incompatible with the current version (if applicable) or will accept it if it is correct and go to the game. If it is incompatible, just run the .bat for the compatible version and have fun. Hope this helps.

Great solution ❤️   Nice to see what kind of work is being shared

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey! I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave

King Regards
Scanva Diesel A/S

• 5 months later...

On 17/5/2020 at 20:17, Brandon Logandi said:
Spoiler

Esta guía es para personas que quieren mantener 1.37 instalado por cualquier motivo (yo uso VR) pero aún quieren jugar en MP.

Vamos a utilizar un script por lotes para cambiar el nombre de la carpeta ETS2 y hacer que Steam lance la versión que elija.

1. Vaya a https://pastebin.com/00pVkCs9
  2. Copie el código en su editor de texto favorito (como Notepad ++)
  3. Sustituya% SteamLibrary% por la carpeta de la biblioteca de Steam (por ejemplo, ? \ Archivos de programa (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common)
  4. Guarde el archivo en cualquier lugar como .bat

Ahora vamos a preparar la carpeta de tu juego:

1. Si juegas en MP, tienes la versión 1.36. Vaya a la carpeta de su biblioteca Steam y haga una copia de la carpeta Euro Truck Simulator 2 y asígnele el nombre "Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 1.36" sin comillas . ESTE PASO ES IMPORTANTE YA QUE EL ARCHIVO DE LOTE BUSCA ESPECÍFICAMENTE ESA CARPETA.
  2. Vaya a Steam, opte por no participar en el respaldo de 1.36 y espere a que se complete la descarga.

¡Eso es! Ahora todo lo que tienes que hacer es ejecutar el script cuando quieras jugar y escribir la versión que desees.

Aquí hay un video de demostración: https://streamable.com/ti33ko

After a long time I finally decided to return to this thread. can you help me with my batch command? I am getting an "incorrect syntax"

5 hours ago, STC Loquillo Uru said:

After a long time I finally decided to return to this thread. can you help me with my batch command? I am getting an "incorrect syntax"

Heya! ?

If you haven't noticed yet, this guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent information. No support is provided for this guide.

I would suggest you to find a new and updated thread, or contact the support team if you're having issues. ?

DF7ebVo.png

Kind regards:

Gullbrann ?

rwozThR.png iUwwMhn.png

• 1 year later...