Am i using cheat?

Question

Just the other week I learned that by saving, and reloading I start in ghost mode. Which basically means I can drive through people's truck, with no consequences to me nor them, i dont even affect them, since ghost mode automatically disables as soon as I'm free of any obstacles. 

Now so many point out I'm cheating in-game. Asking, or blatantly says I do, they say they're gonna report me and similar things. I've been playing this MP since Dec -14. I've never had a ban, nor even a discussion with an admin, hell I dont even know their names tbh.

Now I've seen people use the kind of cheat were they drive straight through people, but in all cases trailers, trucks and cars starts to fly. Like not even move an inch, but closer to a mile. When I quicksave, in tunnels ( Kirkenes Quarry as example ) when the situation must result in F7 or enourmous amount of struggle, ques and hussle, I just press my shortbutton for save, reload and drive through til I'm at a save-area where the ghost-mode disable itself. Now on, I wont be creating any ques atleast since I also save at many critical strategically points where I can easily "restart" from. It's even quicker than F7 and saves me all the struggle to get to the save-place. 

Am I cheating? Is this an offense? SInce I haven't seen anything about it in rules and so many tries to smear me for "using hacks", attacking me both voicechat and textchat. 

Regards.

11 answers to this question

Rule §2.1 is the rule you need to take a look at. Realistically I wouldn't suggest quick saving purely to bypass the traffic. If you want to proceed down busy routes then you should do it sensibly and not abuse things like ghost mode. I imagine they're reacting in such a way because loading a quick save won't take you very far from your original position so they may see it as though you're using a client. 

In my honest opinion you just shouldn't do it and avoid Kirkenes Quarry in general. People go there knowing its busy and it just causes more issues. 

For your own sake and to avoid any more problems I'd say just drive the road like normal or it avoid it completely. :D 

• Upvote 1

I think Owen pretty much covers it but I would like to add that while what you're doing may be within the rules, if you get reported it will still be up to you to prove that you were in fact not using cheats. I think it will save you a big headache if you stop doing it. Also, I recommend heading over to bug reports to inform them.

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

"Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speed limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Bypassing the server-sided auto kick system via save editing. Misusing features such as ghost mode to cause damage to others while connecting to the servers."

Rule 2.1. I've used it for a week, not a single time has it done any kind of damaged, and no, I dont use it to pass trafic for ques, more for situatione there is no other way, except F7. Or someone is screwing around, blocking purposly or wreck the traficflow. It takes seconds, pass and life goes on. No ques building up, no honking, no damage, no problems. Life goes on. 

I dont have any client, mods or anything. It says: "Misusing features such as ghost mode to cause damage to others while connecting to the servers." Ghost mode doesn't disable itself til my vehicle, including trailer(s) are in a place it doesn't collide with anything, thus does no damage nor affect anyone, not even me. 

Hello,

You should also read Rule §2.5 - Reckless Driving.

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger, driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights and road signage, speeding, racing other users (except Tucson, Phoenix, and Södertälje (ProMods) race tracks), ignoring other players and rules. Being outside of the map boundaries, this includes spots inaccessible by normal driving. In the ProMods map it's allowed to drive on unlocked roads or paths. Attempting to use desync lag or quick saves in order to cause damage to another user's vehicle is forbidden. Using the ghost mode feature to go around traffic jams. Even if you have the right-of-way you must make reasonable efforts to avoid all collisions. Even if someone else is in the wrong, you must take actions to avoid a collision.

In regards to your statement:

59 minutes ago, Bonne_Swe said:

Am I cheating? Is this an offense? SInce I haven't seen anything about it in rules and so many tries to smear me for "using hacks", attacking me both voicechat and textchat. 

Rule §2.5 should answer this question for you.

You can read the TruckersMP Rules here.

Kind Regards,

JamesS014

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 2

The problem with ghost mode is you can be driving on what appears to be a clear road when its actually not, it takes a min or so to load everyone in ( you will see trailers first, followed by a sudden FPS drop as the player dots on the GPS load in followed by the trucks ). You may think your ok but your not, the second you see trailers appear is when you stop & wait! My advice is to drive at a crawl with your hazards on, the reason you should stop when seeing trailers is because your likely sending people flying but don't yet see it because the game is playing catch-up....Using it to bypass traffic is classed as bug abusing = perm ban ( i have seen it happen many times ). 

Pro tip: when your stopped with hazards on press F1 while you wait for people to load in as it prevents anyone your inside of going flying, wait for them to clear your truck & make sure no one else is in it behind you before un pausing & moving! You will gain instant respect for doing that

• Upvote 1

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

Krisi1051

TruckersMP - Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d eHGAe2j.png

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM our support team members, we will open this again.

Thanks to all for participation!

Kind Regards,
Sabbi [GER]
TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive.