Jump to content
seth_haveron

Short Trailers ... Why are they so Underrated ??

Recommended Posts

im one of those who use pretty much every kind of short Trailer. 

 

someone told me they are also called " curb carts "  

 

i use them since scs gave us the option to have our own ,and in every VTC i had been in the past  ( even as they told me i had to use regular trailers ... i used them anyway)   

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

they simply become my trademark ....( i even got a custom version of our Company skin especialy for my shorts.) and im realy feel like im the only one who use them somehow.... 

 

i see much more tripplets and Frankensteins creations on the road then shortys.  

 

i would like to know why it is like that....  i mean i make partwise more €uros with my shortys then the other companie members with regular and heavy loads... and im very happy to have a shorty on the C - D  or  K -D - D  route...   

 

so it cant be only the revenue.    yes it dont work with every truck sometimes it looks simply goofy ...   but even this cant be all. 

 

for those who think they look unrealistic ... they are mostly used in the UK ... its a UK standart formfactor   

 

spacer.png

 

i cant wait until they get an update to the new standart ...

 

spacer.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not about revenues, simply because revenues in tis game makes no sense at all, I generate millions every hour with workers.

I don't think it's about the look either, because to some it looks good (like you), to some it doesn't (like me) and that would still mean you would see them more often than not.

 

I think the reason why they aren't choosed or even why people don't want to use them is because of difficulty.

 

Let me explain there, a normal trailer is around 13m, in corners or roundabouts the trailer cuts the curve so you have to be a bit careful.

A double trailer amplifies a bit more this effect thus it's even more difficult.

But if you have a tiny trailer, the trailer basically follows you and driving it is just as easy as driving without one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MaxiTuX said:

It's not about revenues, simply because revenues in tis game makes no sense at all, I generate millions every hour with workers.

I don't think it's about the look either, because to some it looks good (like you), to some it doesn't (like me) and that would still mean you would see them more often than not.

 

I think the reason why they aren't choosed or even why people don't want to use them is because of difficulty.

 

Let me explain there, a normal trailer is around 13m, in corners or roundabouts the trailer cuts the curve so you have to be a bit careful.

A double trailer amplifies a bit more this effect thus it's even more difficult.

But if you have a tiny trailer, the trailer basically follows you and driving it is just as easy as driving without one.

 

i think some of these guys got more like a difficulty with their ego.  

 

if i would get a penny for every time i see one of them blocking crossroads or intersections i would be a billionaire ...   

 

i use them as well but mine are still shortys ^^   .... and i dont think they are much more of a challange... 

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't drive one of those small trailers because frankly, they look ridiculous to me; I always drive around with a standard sized trailer.

 

And yes, the trailers are real and used in the UK, but they're by no means common. I've only ever seen a handful and they're usually only used for inner city or inner town small stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

I wouldn't drive one of those small trailers because frankly, they look ridiculous to me; I always drive around with a standard sized trailer.

 

And yes, the trailers are real and used in the UK, but they're by no means common. I've only ever seen a handful and they're usually only used for inner city or inner town small stores.

And not very practical compared to a straight truck. 

 

But yes they are used in TMP.  I wonder how heavy that trailer must be though since most tend to use the 8x4 chassis and probably the most powerful engine to pull it around empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, amatikuski said:

And not very practical compared to a straight truck. 

 

But yes they are used in TMP.  I wonder how heavy that trailer must be though since most tend to use the 8x4 chassis and probably the most powerful engine to pull it around empty.

 

if you weight the pros and cons of both trailer you will notice the short one is indeed practical. 

 

in overrun places like c-d its a real blessing to not struggle with the lengh of a regulary trailer. 

 

i cant count how many times i got out of harms way due its small size ... with any other i would for sure have lost my cargo and high repair costs on top of it.   

 

 

and using a 8x4 for it is ridiculous and a sign of total despair......  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are known as City Trailers because as the name suggests, they are designed for the city where your likely to find narrow lanes to the back of shops or around docks / airports etc...Krone have launched a new one that steers, wonder if SCS will add it??? 

cool_liner_city_extreme_mobility.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I don't use it just because I have bad experiences with them, but I've seen many with those trailers; in addition to the logical reason because some people here find them ridiculous, gentlemen for God's sake, everything here is inspired by real life and so these trailers have a use now that they are not profitable, or of widespread very use lies perhaps in its own design; but from there to label them ridiculous, there's no logical reason.

 

They are also relatively practical in areas with quite curved; in addition to being fun when used in double or triple mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [ÖZ DOSTLAR] ONAT - 24 said:

These trailers are mostly used for inner city or short distance deliveries. (At least in where I live) So, I don't get the right feeling when I go out a 3000 KM journey with it.

 

they are also used for subsequent delivery  or small deliverys where a full size wouldnt pay off. 

 

and service transports to the workshop and back as well  

13 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

They are known as City Trailers because as the name suggests, they are designed for the city where your likely to find narrow lanes to the back of shops or around docks / airports etc...Krone have launched a new one that steers, wonder if SCS will add it??? 

cool_liner_city_extreme_mobility.jpg

 

 

not sure if they would feel a little to wonky on the highway ..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wonder if someone would help me with a Frankensteiner ....   merge the frame of a small container trailer with the deck of a curtainsider .... for at least have the look of an new curb cart..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, seth_haveron said:

 

they are also used for subsequent delivery  or small deliverys where a full size wouldnt pay off. 

 

and service transports to the workshop and back as well  

 

not sure if they would feel a little to wonky on the highway ..... 

I don't think they are intended for motorway driving & if they are then i expect the steering can be disabled! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @seth_haveron,
 

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.


For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.


Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator


//Locked & Archived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...