Effective proactive Policing

Manly_Salmon

Howdy all

trucking fans,

Today I would like to discuss different policing methods, which I believe can make our roads we use safer, especially in terms of using the sim server. Currently we have so many players on the server (which is great), however this creates inherent problems moreover peak traffic in certain arterial routes, before we carry on let me tell you a bit of my career, I was a traffic officer for twenty years here in South Africa patrolling the most dangerous sectors of roads in our country, I was also the first officer to use and test the anprs ( Automatic number plate recognition), since then it has grown into a national standard, in my career I also studied traffic patterns and sat on roads and infrastructure boards. Enough of that though..

Now, the policing of our server roads I believe can really be beefed up by various methods as those that use "Simulator Server" want to experience good clean trucking and not having to worry about the next idiot just going balls to the wall to make a delivery which ends up with you lying on your side and losing your load and having to foot the bill after a 2000km/mi trip.  Or someone ramming you like they playing bumper cars right???

I call on TMP Management  and  us as a community, the real sim players to put our heads together and create the correct forum or steering committee to create the TMP Traffic Police. Now I know Moderators exist but how many times do you see police vehicles on the road conducting effective proactive policing? me personally Once in the last month. I really think that TMP should think about  "employing members" to act as police and patrol the heavy routes i.e... CALAIS roundabout, we need to see them there daily till people drive correctly.. I would go so far to say that just banning people for 5 days or more may be more hurtful to our numbers and there should be a judicial counsel to perhaps oversee the cases that officers put forward to them.

If effective policing is instituted we would really see some good gameplay and not have the hooligans spoiling it., I just don't feel like TMP have enough moderators "Police Personnel", my question is why can they and why wouldn't we want to grow and create an effective police department, where bans aren't just 1 month...(which is terrible when u want to play), we could use 1hr, 4hrs,8hrs, 24 hrs 2 days as 1st offences and 2nd offences etc.

I feel it needs more structure, As a policeman it was always my task to make sure the decisions I made was ALWAYS with  discretion first and foremost!! this is the kind of people we need to make the roads safe, we could even have different divisions I,e Germany, Uk or something in that way... I would just like to see more policing and VISIBLE policing on the SIMULATION server, there are not enough Moderators to do this job when they are looking at cases (they should be acting as the courts and not the police basically in essence!!

lastly this is in no way a dig at the mod team, I just feel like we can improve.. 

Would love to hear all your CONSTRUCTIVE comments in this regard !!

Regards Manly Salmon

CEO Mstar Logistics VTC

check out my you tube for some cases!!!

Time is the one thing that is missing for such a thing. 

I had been a Admin and the Server Police for a other well known Game.   

my shift started at 4:30 am and ended at 23:00 pm   with regular RL worktime between.  

its fun at the beginning but it turnes it to a curse after some time. 

you want to do something else but you have to look for the server and keep trolls under control before they manage to crash the server , cause downtimes , and hours of work to get it back online. 

im sure there might be some guys who would like to play the police but dont expect them to keep it up for to long.    

im sure there are a few that wont last in the service , however I m a passionate person and play with passion so I would keep it up and with regards to shift work depending on the size of the precinct im sure you could cut the shifts to 1-2 hrs per ride.. or say shifts could start when areas are more congested at peak times for instance, I think there are challenges but not problems we cant solve, there is always a solution

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We are all volunteers who work on TMP in are free time we all have IRL jobs, school, families etc that we have to take care of as well. The GM's cannot be in every place at once to monitor the roads. We have the in-game and website report systems so you can report users who violate are rules. TMP cannot accept every application to the team as not all fit the criteria. 

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

It’s a lot easier for game mod’s to just fly above the map and watch over an incident, than it is to use an actual police car. The car is less of a tool but more of a novelty or reward, in fact generally almost all incidents are resolvable without the need for the police car at all, since removing the players is a lot quicker and more effective than pulling them over or blocking roads, etc.

I do get that it would add a more simulation like experience, however if a game mod had to use the car to get to an incident then it’d just slow them down, prolonging the problem unnecessarily when they could’ve in fact solved the issue by the normal flying over the map or teleporting their free camera to the problem player in question.

With this in mind there wouldn’t be much use for a “TMP Traffic Police” service, since the incidents they would control would be resolvable by a normal game mod by their normal duties. You’d also have the problem of power abuse, our game moderation team is very carefully selected and monitored by the team leaders and managers and any issues are dealt with quickly, whereas a separate “Police service” could be easily abused by the players and not as easy to manage. It’s also important to note that since this is a free volunteer led mod, a rota for police to be in game at certain times and places wouldn’t be very effective since a lot of our staffs lives change all the time and a member may not be available at the same time next week or whenever, it just wouldn’t work. Players can help by making reports through the usual in game and web systems and the problem players can be dealt with.

It seems that you believe admins can only police in their car. In actual fact, they are using the dev camera to over view and watch the roads. It is not really a necessity for them to drive up and down congested roads all the time when they can be doing it in a much quicker way via the report system. So, as they both deal with reports and keep an eye on traffic in the congested areas, they will have very little time to RP as a police patrol car. Maybe in the less busy servers they'll have a greater opportunity to actually drive in the patrol car. 

I don't think there's an excessive 'need' for a traffic patrol team as long as people report people the correct way. I mean, yes it does decrease numbers but TMP grows daily so it hardly loses players. The playercount rarely differs apart from at specific times too. 

I do like the RP aspect of the idea though, I just don't think it is very practical. In-Game Moderators have enough work as is. Plus it is another workload for HR and GM Trainers to have to initiate a whole new division of players just to drive through congested areas and potentially make things worse there. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Manly_Salmon,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived