Idiots on the road?

amatikuski

Doing a quick search i couldnt find a topic about this here. There are tons of videos on YouTube of "ets2 diots on the road". After having watched several videos from different authors there, in many cases they are clearly intentionally causing accidents with their driving behavior. And by doing such they create content for possible monetary gains.

So i think this could be a very interesting topic to discuss about the effects of these popular videos to the community. So do these videos bring in more trolls and have less proper players joining? One friend of mine who lives out of my town has ets2 but never tried MP simply from seeing the "chaos". 

That being said, i would like to know what you all think of about it.

It Varies From Person To Person Because It Contains Both, Good And Bad Things.

I Think The Best Thing About This Video Is Trying To Give Some Entertainment For Viewers.

The Bad Thing Is That People Who Watch This Kind Of Video Can Get Misconceptions About The Game.

I Also Watch This Video But I Only Get Pleasure From It...

I Only Made My Comments. If Something Goes Wrong, Correct It

Harsha ?

3 minutes ago, [VTCSL] Harsha said:

It Varies From Person To Person Because It Contains Both, Good And Bad Things.

I Think The Best Thing About This Video Is Trying To Give Some Entertainment For Viewers.

The Bad Thing Is That People Who Watch This Kind Of Video Can Get Misconceptions About The Game.

I Also Watch This Video But I Only Get Pleasure From It...

I Only Made My Comments. If Something Goes Wrong, Correct It

Harsha ?

But also the fact some people "bend" the rules to their own favor, which they use for their own gains. My whole topic is kind of a rhetorical question.

I believe that the "idiots on the road" videos and the like give a false impression about what TruckersMP is really about and consequently attract mostly trolls and reckless behaving players.

I agree that the authors of "idiots on the roads" mostly drive reckless themselves, probably to cause incidents and  content for their videos.

I wish there videos of reasonable players that promote realistic truck driving. Unfortunately my computer performance does not allow me to record complete game sessions, otherwise I would have created already a corresponding Youtube channel. But maybe and hopefully somebody else can and will.

I too have noticed that with some of the youtubers or streamers they are driving in a way as to cause issues on the road and then play the victim card whilst pointing the finger 

The whole concept of that compilation videos is to get likes and many views, viewers get indeed the wrong impression by seeing it and they think it's playing without rules.

i seen some while its funny to watch but mostly get reported in-game or on the website for doing so, so eventually they get caught doing so.

As for playing safely on our server it is possible if you avoid these crowded places but then you will rarely see any player sadly.

Personally I don't like the videos beause of the fact I don't think it's funny but sad to drive like a real "idiot" just to get clicks on the internet. I now refuse watching them to not give this attention anymore.

This creates a very bad image about TMP and their players. You get the impression (if you never played TMP before), that there are only drivers like this and people don't know the C-D route (where these videos are mostly created) so they think this happens everywhere and everytime on the map. It's just horrible!

You also see people writing in the ingame chat "hello YT" just because they know they will be seen on YT because they drove badly ?.

About the videos of "idiots on the road" or the "funny moments" in whether they show players who drive recklessly; but they also show other aspects of daily driving, such as when someone suffers LAG, when someone loses control by avoiding an accident, a BUG or simply by having a heavy burden go aside; here many say that they do not watch the videos, but in turn also at some point they must have laughed at such a situation.

Now what if it's pretty debatable and can and should even be punished with a BAN, is the fact of driving recklessly and dangerously to just get likes or just have more visits in place, that's if it's very dangerous and in itself ridiculous, since you only expose others and you can leave in bad image to those who are TMP , since a lot of those I know say, "I watch some YT videos and I see they're mostly accidents" and I have to explain that that's just a face of the currency, and that TMP is much more than just that, and that are punctual those drivers and who can do many more things and enjoy them.

I will admit I laughed at those "Idiots on the road" like videos especially when the players recording the video or live streaming are shooting themselves in the foot by the mistakes they make. 

The thing is that these videos can be incriminating against the recorder should it be submitted as evidence against another player, and this is where the "Admin bans by mistake" horse crap comes from. 

Okay in some cases they do yet these players need to remember that they aren't just recording the game play, other players but also themselves and therefore they are liable for everything they do. Eventually worst case scenario is they're banned.

1 hour ago, Moritaka said:

About the videos of "idiots on the road" or the "funny moments" in whether they show players who drive recklessly; but they also show other aspects of daily driving, such as when someone suffers LAG, when someone loses control by avoiding an accident, a BUG or simply by having a heavy burden go aside; here many say that they do not watch the videos, but in turn also at some point they must have laughed at such a situation.

Now what if it's pretty debatable and can and should even be punished with a BAN, is the fact of driving recklessly and dangerously to just get likes or just have more visits in place, that's if it's very dangerous and in itself ridiculous, since you only expose others and you can leave in bad image to those who are TMP , since a lot of those I know say, "I watch some YT videos and I see they're mostly accidents" and I have to explain that that's just a face of the currency, and that TMP is much more than just that, and that are punctual those drivers and who can do many more things and enjoy them.

Lagging or having an accident is not the topic here. Sure those do occur in the videos also, but the whole point of discussion was that some of those clips are intentional and some of the times caused by the uploader themself intentionally to create video content.

And then again how can a ban be issued for someone posting a video compilation on youtube? How can a TMP moderator know who to ban? Assuming the user names on YT and tmp wouldnt be sufficient in my opinion and they probably arent. Meaning that you can pick any name and create a new email all day long. And tmp report system requires the account id. But by watching a video on youtube you can only get the name but no time or date when it was recorded. Imagine the amount of abuse there would be.

On 5/14/2020 at 8:34 AM, Polyxena [GER] said:

This creates a very bad image about TMP and their players.

Agree! They can make own mp launcher and do what they want.

"ets2 idiots on the road" is just one of Youtube's craps. Don't worry ETS2 and ATS is just simulator game but thanks TMP team we can play with other players online.

You know when someone lag or having an accident because it's funny for him. Just watch on ping (ms).

Seen enough of these "Idiots on the Road" videos to know the idiot is also the one filming.

It's just the following bad driving:

1. Drive too fast for conditions.

2. Don't slow down no matter what is happening ahead.

3. Tailgate the truck ahead.

4. Don't brake or slow down if there is a crash ahead.

Bonus points for having your friend drive like an idiot just so you can get extra content.

Sure you get really close up footage of the crashes, when the truck filming crashes thru the wreckage, but it's also unrealistic when you see crashes that wouldn't have happened if the youtube truck actually used it's brakes.

Watching "Idiots on the road" is what got me playing ETS2 and TruckersMP in the first place, i found it entertaining and wanted the experience myself, i think people should realise that although alot of trolls come from these videos, so do invested players too, if i didnt see those videos i would never of played or heard of ETS2, after watching the videos and playing it myself i found a love and passion for the game and community, i think thats one factor to take into consideration  that although trolls comes from these videos it also brings new players into the community that want to have fun, drive safe and just get involved in the community such as myself. I didnt expect to love the game and continue to play it for over 3 years now but thanks to that first video i ever watched i have, and i must say im glad they are making these videos because of the the small majority of players it brings into the community with good intentions.

Hello! :) 

I find these video fun to watch to see what everybody encounters, but I don't agree with the titles of them as yes they might cause accidents but I feel saying "idiots" can be insulting in ways. I have to disagree with the content creators causing accidents, most videos I have watched the user making the video is driving fine yes fast at times but everybody drives 110,

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hey there,

I personally like watching these videos just to see what happens and also see other peoples enconters. As Beenz said above me, i don't agree with the titals of the videos.

#happytrucking

Thanks

Smacky. (Zach)

TruckersMP Events Team

spacer.png

Need help? | Report a user | Appeal a ban | Request an eventFeedback | Want to join the team?

Current Status - spacer.png

I think it depends on what perception of the rules they have and also if they care or not. If they only care about the money or the views, they are more likely in my opinion to not care about following the rules. 

I don't really agree with how the content creators portray the footage and what other people are doing because if anything, they could just be trying to hide their own bad driving which I have witnessed many times before.

I do sometimes find these videos funny to watch but that died off for me a long while ago, now they just wind me up as I don't understand why people do them but there we are. 

Just make sure to drive within the rules yourself ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @amatikuski,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived