Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Bad car drivers

seven_no1

1 hour ago, seth_haveron said:

it is a salient point ...   

that trailer is actually a proper cartrailer ... i had to inflate it with scs parts otherwise you wont get it over to tmp ... 

While the effort made in save editing is valiant, it doesn't take away from the fact that the use of a trailer — regardless of the cosmetic applicability to attach to a car — is a direct violation of the Auto-kick rules. I appreciate your frustration, but I can't help but make the assessment that this should have been anticipated.

and this system dosnt protect us form the real hazards

Trolls who think they can stop you by blocking the line or crossroads and simply dont let you pass. 

It's true that sometimes trolls will use scout cars to block roads, but somebody who comes into a server to do this will do it regardless of whether or not they have access to a Scout car. This is no different to somebody taking a truck to do the exact same thing.

These two aspects of Scout car usage are not directly comparable, because one can be detected by automation and one can't. That doesn't make blocking more acceptable than incompatible trailer usage; far from it. But if you want to tackle the Scout Car issues that you've outlined above, then that kind of act should be reported. From there, we get to a situation where it's more manageable.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2020 at 3:34 PM, seven_no1 said:

I'm on a long haul from London to Romania worth 124k. Some idiot car driver smashes into me at full speed and damaged my truck to the tune of it costing 112k to repair. Why are these people allowed to drive like this and cost people money without paying the price?

Hello,

this is of course doof then.

but there is nothing you can do against. from the user report via the ticket system.

Then he gets at least his right punishment there for.

On 5/21/2020 at 2:18 PM, housityu said:

My suggestion is that use quick save from time to time as an insurance.Of course, driving like that will get banned eventually

In my opinion that for now ,multiplayer is no place for earning money, you can earn much enough money at single player.Its just if you ran into a situaion like this, its a waste of time and destruction of good mood.

I don't get what you mean. Most players are going to run into a situation like this every few weeks, at the most. I've been spending an average of 4 to 8 hours a day on the MP servers lately and today was the first time I've actually be rammed intentionally since late April. It WAS indeed by a car driver, however lol.

I think the biggest issue with the cars is for whatever reason they seem like a 300,000 pound meteor slamming into you with even the slightest contact... while at the same time they have the acceleration of an F1 car and the handling of an atari-era racing game. I was never against the idea of cars being in the game, but I don't understand why they couldn't take em out until they weren't so broken. Fix them or get rid of them. But I agree that it isn't the car drivers specifically that are bad, it's just that a car driver has more potential to ruin your day if he is bad... opposed to someone in a truck. (Seems backwards, don't it?)

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Usually before long hauls, I use a video capture software to record my gameplay during my journey in case I encounter any “idiots” on the road. Really good form of evidence in the event of an accident. Also while carrying a trailer, you’ll be able to fix your truck by typing ‘/fix’. There’s a short cooldown though - just a heads up!

I have already had bad driving car drivers even if they didnt do any damage to my truck and because of thoose thinks I get worried when there is a car coming up wich in many cases I totally wrong and there may be no reason to worry. Not all car drivers are automaticly bad drivers even if many people often think that way. Ithink ist sad that we even have to think about this because some people just drive badly on the road.

On 6/2/2020 at 11:30 PM, Frede0021 said:

I have already had bad driving car drivers even if they didnt do any damage to my truck and because of thoose thinks I get worried when there is a car coming up wich in many cases I totally wrong and there may be no reason to worry. Not all car drivers are automaticly bad drivers even if many people often think that way. Ithink ist sad that we even have to think about this because some people just drive badly on the road.

I think this is an important thing to consider. Tarring all Scout car users with the same brush is unfair. Sometimes people use Scout cars for the right reasons (Game Moderators in particular use them for getting from A to B quite often) and behave perfectly well. Sometimes I myself use Scouts to literally scout routes I'm planning, either for VTC exams or other reasons, yet I do feel a little sense of tension among other players who see me, either coming to complete stops when they see me, or outright changing their routes on stretches of motorways to avoid me.

I don't use them often; I prefer the trucks. That said, I don't believe people should behave differently around me just because of what I'm driving.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

• 2 weeks later...

While it is an issue that some car drivers operate their vehicles recklessly, it's not something that is overly common. I see many car drivers that are simply cruising around and being responsible. This is not to say that the minority that violates the rules and abuses the cars is to go without punishment, though. As long as you can report, record, and send proof to a moderator, the rule breaker should be dealt with accordingly.

/ --- - //       Achievement Get!

/ -- -- //        Locating the Forums

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾                                                         

No matter they are driving. There are idiots driving trucks and cars as there are good drivers who drive car and trucks, too. I drive both and I enjoy the experience of driving both of them. The other day I was driving a car and as long as I was waiting for the green light to come a trucker crashed me at full speed. So, it's not only car drivers, but a lot and a lot of truckers also drive very crazy crashing everyone.

Its sad some people don't understand they are ruining the game for us who actually takes the game serious....
But there is not really much we can do other than reporting them and hoping they will be punished

Komo02 | LOE Streamer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danish & English

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch

Was just coming here to rant as had two cars near Hull Ferry almost head on collision me while driving on the wrong side of the road, basically playing chicken. I've only played this game two days but I'd hazard a guess I should prepare myself for this quite a bit?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 6:54 PM, seth_haveron said:

cars are used as weapons to cause damage and chaos.  

guys who use a car without a caravan but a ping of nearly 300 are legit trolls  

and those wo actually want to use them properly get punished by the system    

spacer.png 

had to get these jobs done in the offline queue after beeing kicked each time ..... it sucks ....  

Thank God that this is no longer possible. Cheers to the TMP developers who prevented this. When the cars drove with the trailers, it was disastrous!

Kind regards,

ZaroMW

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Create a Report | Appeal your Ban | Feedback | Rules | Support

2 hours ago, Fosome said:

A car passed me doing triple my speed (110km same direction), he was off my tab list in 3 seconds, whats up with that?

I think you have saw a player using a speed hack.

How show the name, was it red?

Game Mods, doesn't have a speedlimit too.

Kind regards,

ZaroMW

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

Create a Report | Appeal your Ban | Feedback | Rules | Support

Archived