Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Engine Mods for acceleration allowed?

Mefisto90

Hello Peeps!!

I have a question. I love playing ETS2 and TruckersMP servers but I have one question in mind. Is it okay to get engine mod to make you truck accelerate faster? Ofc not to pass speed limit, just acceleration. Bcuz slow acceleration is killing me. Please let me know. I did search on the forum and the rules but could not see anything about engine mods.

Thank you in advange!!!

Drive Safe!

Hello @Mefisto90, i hope you are well.

You can only edit your trucks with modifications that already exist in the game. For example, a truck that has an engine from another truck of another brand. If you install a mod in Single Player that modifies your truck with an engine that is not in the game and you want to enter TMP with the same modified truck, the server will kick it because it only recognizes modifications with parts of the original game. I also remind you that the use of other external programs that accelerate your truck is prohibited.

Kind regards

spacer.png

So as said above: If you lets say get a 1000hp engine for your truck in SP and then start MP that mod will be disabled by us and your truck will be given a default engine instead. So lets say you made a mod that put the scania engine in the Renault. If you buy that truck in SP and then open MP that truck will still be there with the scania engine since the scania engine is a standard truck engine in game. And MP only recognizes things that are in game originally. So if you add anything like lets say a 1000hp engine or modify a game file to give you faster acceleration it wont work in MP since its not originally from the game.  There is of cause things in game that are not originally there, like the scout car modification. But that is put in my us so you can drive it. So the only way to get an engine mod that is not originally in game is to have MP add it so everyone can use it. And i really really dont think we are gonna do that ever.

Okay guys. Thanks for the answers. I just wanted to see if I can have better acceleration on my truck that is it.

Kind Regards.

1 hour ago, Mystere said:

Hello @Mefisto90, i hope you are well.

You can only edit your trucks with modifications that already exist in the game. For example, a truck that has an engine from another truck of another brand. If you install a mod in Single Player that modifies your truck with an engine that is not in the game and you want to enter TMP with the same modified truck, the server will kick it because it only recognizes modifications with parts of the original game. I also remind you that the use of other external programs that accelerate your truck is prohibited.

Kind regards

Mystere,

thank you for your nice words. I am doing well and I hope the same for you.

Could you please kindly explain to me how can I get an engine to my truck that belongs to another brand? I would like to try that if possible.

Thank you.. @Mystere

11 minutes ago, Mefisto90 said:

Okay guys. Thanks for the answers. I just wanted to see if I can have better acceleration on my truck that is it.

Kind Regards.

Mystere,

thank you for your nice words. I am doing well and I hope the same for you.

Could you please kindly explain to me how can I get an engine to my truck that belongs to another brand? I would like to try that if possible.

Thank you.. @Mystere

I'm glad you're fine.

Here below I leave a post where he talks about how to change engines and transmissions for any truck in the game. Unfortunately I do not have a tutorial of my own, but look at this post, and if you do not manage to do so, comment below and I will make a tutorial.

Kind regards.

spacer.png

Here I leave you my decryptor, along with the file of the engines and transmissions that was in the other post. 

To decrypt a config.cfg file, just drag it into the program. It will decrypt it (you will notice that the program opens for a moment and closes, then the file will have a greater weight). Open it with your text editor, make the changes you want, save the file and close the editor. After that, you just have to enter the game and check if the changes have been made (you should load the save you were editing).

spacer.png

@Mystere

Thank you so much but also your file seems broken too. I did download other rar files to check if there is something wrong with my Rar  program but those worked just fine. I dont wanna take too much of your time bcuz I did take too much already.

I guess, I will figure it out somehow or stick with the default ones.

Kindest Regards,

Edit: Ok sorry, I just reinstalled winrar and got it worked. Thank you

5 hours ago, Mefisto90 said:

Is it okay to get engine mod to make you truck accelerate faster? Ofc not to pass speed limit, just acceleration. Bcuz slow acceleration is killing me.

So "slow" acceleration is killing you in a truck SIM? Need I remind you:

8Wemr06.jpg

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Mefisto90,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived