Ets2 v1.37 slow acceleration of trucks.

Angelforgamers

What to you is a slow acceleration? Can you show us with a clip?

Trucks obviously aren't cars, so they won't get up to 90 in a few seconds. (Tho alot of ppl think that trucks should accelerate faster, as they treat this game like a gta or nfs game).

I don't see any issue with the weight, power, torque,... it's feels pretty realistic, empty and loaded.

If you really think trucks do accelerate slow, than I don't think ETS2 is the game for you.

1 hour ago, DubbelDraaiDeur said:

What to you is a slow acceleration? Can you show us with a clip?

Trucks obviously aren't cars, so they won't get up to 90 in a few seconds. (Tho alot of ppl think that trucks should accelerate faster, as they treat this game like a gta or nfs game).

I don't see any issue with the weight, power, torque,... it's feels pretty realistic, empty and loaded.

If you really think trucks do accelerate slow, than I don't think ETS2 is the game for you.

agree 100%

19 minutes ago, Angelforgamers said:

No no I am trying to say that I think the power delivery system has been changed.

No idea what you mean by that? Can you explain bit more?

What I understand is how the power is being delivered from the engine to the tires?

19 minutes ago, Angelforgamers said:

Engine power range data (instead of boost value)

Exhaust gas temp gauge animation

AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)  

All these things are small tweaks SCS did, that may break some mods. Those particular patch notes are just a reminder for the modding comunity what has changed internally so they can keep their mods up to date with newest additions to the game.

First not quite sure, probably some internal (structure) changes inside the gamefiles, renamed files, moved files,..

Second is just the animation for the gauge on the dash that shows the temperature of the exhaust gasses. (most likely more relatable to ATS, as European trucks often lack that guage, or guages in common ig)

AI data tweak, some small tweaks for traffic

Basicly unless you're a modder, these MOD Patch Notes are useless for the avarage player.

12 hours ago, DubbelDraaiDeur said:

What I understand is how the power is being delivered from the engine to the tires?

Yeah that's what I am trying to say sorry for my english

12 hours ago, DubbelDraaiDeur said:

Second is just the animation for the gauge on the dash that shows the temperature of the exhaust gasses. 

I don't see the animation on my scania s 730

On 5/8/2020 at 8:08 AM, Angelforgamers said:

I don't see the animation on my scania s 730

No indeed. Thats also why i said in brackets: European trucks often lack that guage. Or guages in common.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:27 PM, DubbelDraaiDeur said:

No indeed. Thats also why i said in brackets: European trucks often lack that guage. Or guages in common.

More likely to see " Turbo Pressure " as seen on the XF 105 & a DPF light but as the games don't simulate re-generation / emissions testing they are absent! Makes you wonder though if scs are planning deeper simulation of such things in future updates, if not then why add them as they serve no purpose ( i mean what use is an exhaust temp gauge currently in game? ). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Angelforgamers,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived