0.2.2.6.7 Released

ShawnCZek

14 hours ago, [Интегра] ResTed said:

As mentioned earlier, the process is ongoing and our developers are working on an update.  

This is a big update of the game in terms of changing the code and new functions, in particular, a new sound engine, so need to create a new mechanism for synchronizing sounds (this is just my assumption, since I'm not a developer and I don't know if this is so) and obviously this cannot be a quick process. And this is just one thing that has been added in this patch.  

Work on updating is always something unknown, because at any time a problem or bug may be detected that will take more time to fix it. If we said that the update will be in three days and then a bug is found that will force devs to work on the update for an additional week, this will not meet your expectations and you will certainly be upset, which will also be an occasion for negative discussions. We would not like to give you promises that we are not sure of, so no one can tell you the release date or what percentage of progress.

We are also waiting for this update, we also want to use the new features of this update 1.37 in multiplayer, but we want a minimum of errors, bugs, so we need patience and wait.

Hope I could give you some answers. You are not alone in this expectation, do not worry)

I agree that its a big update.. and i did not ask for a release date.. and i never will.. i said it would be good so we know whats going on to have "development progress information updates" - Ex. "we are working on fmod right now" or anything similar.. i dont care about a when.. it would just ease the wait (atleast for me) to know whats going on - you could say im "neugirig" (pls translate the word for your self.. its german) - im very very willing to wait until its done and stable befor they release it and do NOT ask for a release date..

as thay said to me once.. they cant and will not do this what i would like to see from them because the code is private and they think some status messages wouldnt be understood by most of the people.. i respect that..

back to my waiting tea :) *takes a sip*
i hope they are finished soonish(tm) - we dont want another "soon" like event as duke nukem forever or something like it lol ;)

sysp-73354.png

7 hours ago, sgpch1983 said:

I agree that its a big update.. and i did not ask for a release date.. and i never will.. i said it would be good so we know whats going on to have "development progress information updates" - Ex. "we are working on fmod right now" or anything similar.. i dont care about a when.. it would just ease the wait (atleast for me) to know whats going on - you could say im "neugirig" (pls translate the word for your self.. its german) - im very very willing to wait until its done and stable befor they release it and do NOT ask for a release date..

as thay said to me once.. they cant and will not do this what i would like to see from them because the code is private and they think some status messages wouldnt be understood by most of the people.. i respect that..

i hope they are finished soonish(tm) - we dont want another "soon" like event as duke nukem forever or something like it lol ;)

Saw someone comment on FB that they heard that the update is gonna come in June

Le 18/05/2020 à 00:34, ShawnCZek a déclaré:

y

You just have to be patient !! and let the developers work without putting pressure on them. Many players have switched to 1.37 and are playing solo. that's why there are fewer people on multiplayer right now !! Thank the truckermp team for the work accomplished.

Hey there TMP Members and TMP players.. I just want to give a shout out to all the TMP Member's, y'all are doing an awesome job really like all the new changes you all have been doing.. As for the TMP Player's, please be patient as they are working hard trying to get everything in order for 1.37. I really do appreciate all your hard work and dedication keeping TMP updated and running.

Keep the hammer down and keep on trucking..?

• Confused 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:57 PM, sgpch1983 said:

This is what i have been saying for years, i don't get why updates etc need so much GCHQ style secrecy! I can fully understand the need for it in terms of peoples accounts / info etc but not updates.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

This is what i have been saying for years, i don't get why updates etc need so much GCHQ style secrecy! I can fully understand the need for it in terms of peoples accounts / info etc but not updates.....

TRUE BRO THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO INFORM THE COMMUNITY CZ HONESTLY SPEAKING WE ARE WHAT MAKES TMP THE BEST..SRY FOR CAPS

With every major version the code has to be reverse engineered in order to implement features from it into TruckersMP. 

Here's video of porting ETS2MP for 1.14 patch.

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

On 5/21/2020 at 11:39 AM, Titanic4 said:

With every major version the code has to be reverse engineered in order to implement features from it into TruckersMP. 

Here's video of porting ETS2MP for 1.14 patch.

Yes, sadly, people just don’t understand what code is.

Development of whether it will be difficult to make too much code change for a long time. Who was waiting for 1.37 MP. You go to 1.36 or is playing single player, do you have another game? If he is ready what will be released. Hopefully I say what you understand.?

22 minutes ago, KaMeR102 said:

Yes, sadly, people just don’t understand what code is.

Development of whether it will be difficult to make too much code change for a long time. Who was waiting for 1.37 MP. You go to 1.36 or is playing single player, do you have another game? If he is ready what will be released. Hopefully I say what you understand.?

Bro thing is TMP must come out clean and communicate with the community about what's really going on. The more they keep quiet is the more everyone will keep asking about the update. There was a rumour that the update is gonna come in June and yesterday an admin confirmed it of which TMP should have communicated the day SCS updated.

14 minutes ago, SuN RisE said:

Bro thing is TMP must come out clean and communicate with the community about what's really going on. The more they keep quiet is the more everyone will keep asking about the update. There was a rumour that the update is gonna come in June and yesterday an admin confirmed it of which TMP should have communicated the day SCS updated.

Wow, I haven't heard that. Thanks for the info

3 hours ago, SuN RisE said:

And what do you think will happen on the forum if they for some reason missed a "deadline"? You people would be up in arms torches and pitchforks at the ready crying you've been wronged and how bad the staff are etc etc

Years now I've seen updates come and the community responds in the exact same way everytime, this idea of self entitlement, complaints through the roof over one small mistake or broken feature (becuase they were pressured to work faster) sometimes I've seen people outright attack/insult staff of TMP because they didn't push updates ASAP. 

This community is one of the most bipolar I've ever seen, no offence intended to anyone. It's so large you cannot possibly facilitate everybody's wishes, as a consequence you disappoint one or the other, no matter what. 

I believe back in the 90s early 2000s ID software made a similar PR mistake, ever since then their answer to the question "When is it ready" is simply "When it's done"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

And what do you think will happen on the forum if they for some reason missed a "deadline"? You people would be up in arms torches and pitchforks at the ready crying you've been wronged and how bad the staff are etc etc

Years now I've seen updates come and the community responds in the exact same way everytime, this idea of self entitlement, complaints through the roof over one small mistake or broken feature (becuase they were pressured to work faster) sometimes I've seen people outright attack/insult staff of TMP because they didn't push updates ASAP. 

This community is one of the most bipolar I've ever seen, no offence intended to anyone. It's so large you cannot possibly facilitate everybody's wishes, as a consequence you disappoint one or the other, no matter what. 

I believe back in the 90s early 2000s ID software made a similar PR mistake, ever since then their answer to the question "When is it ready" is simply "When it's done"

Bro what the community needs right now is to be convinced tht the update is being worked on. The last major update took long but the developer communicated via this forum that he was having problems with dx11. We dnt want dates but assurance tht something is happening..

50 minutes ago, SuN RisE said:

Bro what the community needs right now is to be convinced tht the update is being worked on. The last major update took long but the developer communicated via this forum that he was having problems with dx11. We dnt want dates but assurance tht something is happening..

Ofcourse it's being worked on, why would you ever question that? The literal future of TMP depends on updates being addressed and released.

There has been countless updates since TMP's inception, and I think perhaps one of them they skipped over, as a subsequent update was right around the corner, it would've been wasted effort.

What in your experience in this community has ever given you the notion that the admins/staff/developers are NOT working on an update? 

From what I've read in the news and posts there's been countless "assurances" the update is being worked on (as it has always been this way for the last 5 years). 

These people are only human, give them some breathing space and have some patience. I promise you eventually in the coming weeks/months you'll be able to play on 1.37.

• Upvote 2