Speed limit on the no road rules server, why?

Hello @dragonslayingmaster1000,

We're celebrating the 6th year of Truckersmp.They want to give some gifts for community.The server will have no road rules enforced, with the player collisions ON.

It'll be available between Monday 4th May - Friday 15th May.

8 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

if you drive above 150 km/h with the car is simply uncontrollable. 

I can vouch for that, they start to fishtail & go wrong over 60mph where the slightest turn sends you veering off into the nearest barrier or unlucky victim coming towards you! Believe me guys your not gonna be doing 93mph for long before you get the hydroplane effect kicking in 

25 minutes ago, Pillow said:

Exactly as you said, there are no road rules. The speed limit isn't a road rule, but a setting for the server. And this game still isn't a racing simulator, so there's no need to lift the speed limit, in my opinion.

Except for blocking, not like the trucks can go much over 100 anyway....118mph is a push & thats going downhill ( they simply aren't geared for it ) also tryng to suddenly stop or even slow down at that sleed will simply jacknife the truck due to the physics ( your talking to someone whos done it ) 

I also want to know that. Simulation servers are made for simulation and not driving like a racer in a truck. But why someone would even think about a server, with No Road Rules, but with Speed Limit?! As long as I know, in the simulation servers is made to stop trolls and crashes. But in a server with No Road Rules? Are they really trying to prevent crashes, in a server where LITERALLY everyone tries to do exactly that?!?

^ technically we could do that, but in reality if you drive 170 or 180 with the car its not fun anymore. while driving 150 you can still control the car and having fun with speeding.

even with Trucks with the current physics at that high speed will flip over, so instead of no speed limit i think 150 is fair compromise.

4 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

^ technically we could do that, but in reality if you drive 170 or 180 with the car its not fun anymore. while driving 150 you can still control the car and having fun with speeding.

even with Trucks with the current physics at that high speed will flip over, so instead of no speed limit i think 150 is fair compromise.

You can't tell me how to drive in server without rules okay? If I want to control a car / truck, I will not speed up to 150km/h, but that doesn't mean you have to add speed limit. Because someone else might just want to drive as fast as the car / truck can, no matter what. Also, 150km/h it's not fun when I know that the car can go 200km/h, but it's stopped by a speed limit. I mean, am I driving a Lada or what?

13 hours ago, Erik0301 said:

You can't tell me how to drive in server without rules okay? If I want to control a car / truck, I will not speed up to 150km/h, but that doesn't mean you have to add speed limit. Because someone else might just want to drive as fast as the car / truck can, no matter what. Also, 150km/h it's not fun when I know that the car can go 200km/h, but it's stopped by a speed limit. I mean, am I driving a Lada or what?

i didn't tell you anything i just give my opinion and experience for that matter, sure people wanna go as fast they want but with 150 you will flip less then if you drive 190 or 200 km, what is the fun about that ? be happy that we give such server and that we let you allow to play with the police car.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @dragonslayingmaster1000,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived