Game stops / Tab out - Changing Graphics

Twitch LifeSays

Question

Dear truckers.

It happens every time, that my game stops working, when i  tab out and back in  or if im changing my graphic settings. The game doesnt crash, but the game is turning to black screen. This only happens on truckersmp. On the singleplayer everything is working fine.

Any fix or update?

Only when the last Exhaust is cold, the most beautiful truck forbidden, the trucker with best skills getting punished.....you will notice, that you won't have any food.

7 answers to this question

Hello @Snayrox,

Likely this issue might occur because you are in DX11, this issue happens with me when I use DX11.

I use OpenGL, that way I can minimise the game without having to worry if it will crash or not.

To do this, go to launch your game on single player on Steam and hit “Launch with OpenGL”. Once this is done, let the game load in and drive around for a bit. Leave the game and join back into TruckersMP.

If that doesn’t work and your issue occurs, let us know! 

Kind Regards,

Savage

TruckersMP Support 

• HaulieLove 1

Hey @Savage.

Thanks for your very fast help. +rep for this

OpenGL works fine now, but i hope there is going to be a fix to use DirectX again, cause this problem i never had before.

Regards

Jason

Only when the last Exhaust is cold, the most beautiful truck forbidden, the trucker with best skills getting punished.....you will notice, that you won't have any food.

Hello sir, If your game freezes for a long time and doesn't respond, you can verify ETS2 files and change Windows compatibility mode.

Try to verifying files and see if that fixes it, if your answer is negative try to Windows compatibility mode.

• Go to Steam Library.
  • Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2.
  • Properties.
  • Local Files.
  • Verify Integrity of Game Files and wait for this process to complete .

• Find the shortcut TruckersMP.
  • Right-click on the TruckersMP shortcut file and select Properties in the pop-up menu.
  • On the Properties window, click the Compatibility tab.
  • Under the Compatibility mode section, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
  • In the drop-down box below the checkbox option, select the Windows XP. (not joke)
  • Click the OK button to save the settings.
  • Run TruckersMP as an administrator.

Best regards, #Creathy

#Creathy

Currently Rank:
284174119_role_VeteranI.png.f09bfbb8fe2a

Hello there! :)

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your question helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return.

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hello there,

Since this topic has not got a reply in 3 days, i will have to move it to Inactive Topics. 

If you still need help and wish for the topic to be open again, please private message me or any other Support member. 

Kind Regards, 
Savage 
TruckersMP Support 

//Locked and moved to Inactive Topics