Western star

With the arrival of the Mack Anthem I would love to see Western star come to gameplay  would anyone else want this? 

16 hours ago, rossco4653 said:

With the arrival of the Mack Anthem I would love to see Western star come to gameplay  would anyone else want this? 

SCS has not finalized any licensing agreement with Daimler Trucks, NA the parent company of Freightliner, Sterling, and Western Star.. so until that happens, no Western Star......... That's also why we don't have Detroit Diesel engines in the game.. I think the Allison transmissions are covered under a previous agreement for ETS2, as Daimler AG is the parent Corp of DTNA, and thus Allison, but not absolutely certain on that part.

Ahhhh I get you now I know there must be some agreement somewhere with PACCAR as they now own DAF and they are in ets2 and I thought PACCAR owned WesternStar to but I maybe wrong ?

On 5/4/2020 at 3:22 PM, KW_Driver said:

SCS has not finalized any licensing agreement with Daimler Trucks, NA the parent company of Freightliner, Sterling, and Western Star.. so until that happens, no Western Star......... That's also why we don't have Detroit Diesel engines in the game.. I think the Allison transmissions are covered under a previous agreement for ETS2, as Daimler AG is the parent Corp of DTNA, and thus Allison, but not absolutely certain on that part.

This is absolutely false. All 7 American manufacturers have been licensed...including Freightliner and Western Star. They have teased a very early image of the Cascadia on the SCS Forums teaser thread.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:53 PM, AyMazingATS said:

This is absolutely false. All 7 American manufacturers have been licensed...including Freightliner and Western Star. They have teased a very early image of the Cascadia on the SCS Forums teaser thread.

Do you have a source for this information?  That Cascadia has been up in the teaser thread for a couple years.  It's almost a guarantee that if they had a license to release it, it would have been released by now.  

On 5/4/2020 at 2:22 PM, KW_Driver said:

I think the Allison transmissions are covered under a previous agreement for ETS2, as Daimler AG is the parent Corp of DTNA, and thus Allison, but not absolutely certain on that part.

I think you're wrong about that, I've never heard of Allison being owned by DTNA.  At one point they were owned by GM, but GM sold Allison in the early 2000's I believe, and not to DTNA.  Detroit Diesel and Allison were tied together through GM in their history, but are not any longer.  Thus the Allison license wouldn't be tied in any way to the potential license of Freightliner, Western Star, Sterling, etc.

Hello there ?

Interesting discussion. I would like just add a personal note at this point & quote a few sentences from the https://forum.scssoft.com/.

1. Regarding Daimler:

One of the employees was there in March this year. We players at that time have not received any information regarding the signing of anything(for example licence). The only current information related to that visit can be found on the forum:

User: "Ohhh snap, invite to Daimler. That can only mean positive things. To me, that means that the ownership change pershaps isn't affected. Or final approval of the new Cascadia or even something WS related."

Staff: "Definitely positive things, very positive indeed." 1

Staff: " I can only say that the relationship is much better and more active now, and that both parties are actively contributing in their own way towards the inclusion of the first truck for ATS." 2

2. More specific information could be read in late March this year. A few sentences about new ATS trucks.

Staff: "Like Pavel once said, we have all the licenses now (for ATS), so that's something to look forward to. We're still not going to be magically able to make 8 trucks a year, but hopefully with more people being given greater responsibilities, this will improve in the future." 3

User: "Thank you for chiming in as usual. All licenses in for all brand is definitely an amazing accomplishment in itself. When Pavel mentioned it last year, I seriously got a happy tear. ...The doors are opening finally." 4

Staff: "it's not just about getting the license, but getting companies to send us sufficient references to start work. As you may be aware, in the past we mostly relied on photographs alone to model some of the older trucks. We then moved on to 3D scanning some of them (like the newer-gen Scanias), and continue to do so for some vehicles which are not available in CAD formats. Of course, we prefer 3D CAD data as that gives us the most accurate references to work with, and I must say in recent months we have been more successful in obtaining the latter." 5

Well, these are actually very optimistic messages. There are currently only there are few trucks in American Truck Simulator, so each subsequent one is important and valuable.

Yours sincerely

MarkON (player-Veteran Driver)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=1309771#p1309771

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=260993&start=8600#p1320850

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=260993&p=1320885#p1320885
4 https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=260993&p=1320885#p1320896

5 https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=260993&p=1320885#p1320901

On 5/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, KW_Driver said:

Ahhhh... there it is... I was wondering to myself 'Where the heck are the Detroit Diesels?'  As well as White Freightliner.. I only know of about 5 or 6 American truck manufacturers though I'm sure there are more like Navistar (international on the specialty and military truck side) Crane Carrer, again, specialty work trucks... as well as oshkosh or Tesla... but I don't even know if any of those manufacturers supplies a truck compatible with the theme of the game so that's probably moot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @rossco4653,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived