Automatic Mute

CoffeeEdition'

Automatic Mute  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should auto mute be thrown when swearing?

• Yes
    • No

What happens after mute?

After the mute opens, they will continue with the same movements. I think banning is more effective.

I see this becoming an issue because sometimes the person swearing isn't aiming it at anyone. For example; they've just ditched their truck and was a few miles away from completing their job and by force of habit they say in chat "oh **** I just ******* ditched it" which results in them being muted via the game for swearing. Plus, a mute system doesn't always stop people who are only there to offend or annoy other players. A ban would be more effective (if they are swearing at other people) because it'll teach them more of a lesson. Also, how would this Auto Mute system know how often a person has been swearing from, or would there be an automated ban procedure if the person has been swearing for a certain amount of time? It's a fairly nice idea but I just see this having more flaws then benefits. If swearing, in general is the issue, then why not do what twitch does and add * where the swear word is? 

3 minutes ago, NightBIade said:

I see this becoming an issue because sometimes the person swearing isn't aiming it at anyone. For example; they've just ditched their truck and was a few miles away from completing their job and by force of habit they say in chat "oh **** I just ******* ditched it" which results in them being muted via the game for swearing. Plus, a mute system doesn't always stop people who are only there to offend or annoy other players. A ban would be more effective (if they are swearing at other people) because it'll teach them more of a lesson. Also, how would this Auto Mute system know how often a person has been swearing from, or would there be an automated ban procedure if the person has been swearing for a certain amount of time? It's a fairly nice idea but I just see this having more flaws then benefits. If swearing, in general is the issue, then why not do what twitch does and add * where the swear word is? 

Mild swearing will be 10 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Occasional and tolerable swearing is not a problem imho. The issue is excessive swearing if someone goes for a full rant or insulting spree but that can be handled by simply filing a report, so I see no real purpose of automuting.

Managers are very busy, I sent swearing report, 3 days have not been seen yet.
For example, the system saw a family word, and then saw profanity. Give silence to the person who wrote this word

Am guessing your are actually making a suggestion to have this as an actual thing. If that's the case then I believe that this should be in Suggestions (make sure you follow the template). However, report administrators are very busy due to the current circumstances and as TruckersMP is a massive community it adds a massive work load on the people who are dealing with reports so your best bet is to remain patient because they will eventually get around too it.  

not even sure how this would be possible, tbh... you'd have to implement a full voice recognition system into the software, and then program it to detect offensive words/phrases across dozens of different languages, and with a high degree of accuracy.. not sure that last part could even be done.. Google has trouble getting its' translations exact, and they have thousands of people working on that... this would be a massive undertaking that tbh would be of a low priority, I'm sure.. parsing the text chat would be a little bit simpler, but to try policing voice chat across multiple languages and dialects, I'd think would be near impossible...

dediğin şey güzel kardeşim ama şöyle düşün sesli konuşmalarda kanıt isteyecek kanıt nasıl gösterceksin tamam normal konuşma da ss alma şansın olabilir ama sesli konuşma olayın zor anı yakalamak zor olacaktır

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @{G.H.O.S.T.},

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived