Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Any way to hire drivers in MP without them delivering late?

Ferynacz98765

Question

TL:DR Drivers deliver their cargo late due to wrong synchronization. I can avoid it as a player, but cannot manage all the hired ones.

There is a known "bug" that if you are in job and log out, the delivery time will not pause or be postponed, which makes you always finish a job during your game session (you can log out and restart a game, but basically need to finish the job within your "gaming-time" - cannot leave it for tommorow, for example).

For some reason, the mod developers still didn't come with solution (my suggestion is to check how much time did the player skip and adjust the delivery requirement time accordingly).

I could live with it - if I choose a long track, I need to reserve my time for trucking and not do any other IRL things - and if I need t leave for emergency reasons, I can finish the job in singleplayer.

---------------------------------

Now what is the problem with hired drivers: They do not work while you are not in game (so millions won't land on your bank account), but when I checked some of them, their last deliveries were in negative numbers. What is the issue? I guess, the same as above! It appears as though "fixing one bug created another" and this is probably the case.

Since I cannot have control over all hired drivers and make them start working at the same time (while also avoiding long-time deliveries), it is hard to find a good time when I can quit the game and make all drivers not get time-outed on their job.

Did somebody come up with a solution? What can I do about this?

7 answers to this question

Good morning @Ferynacz98765,

I don't think your problem with time is a game bug, keep in mind that if server time didn't move forward players would experience changes in time, weather or loads. As a solution I would say that you will use a different profile where you have tons of money and experience so you do not have problems, and you will not have to depend on fast cargos or employees.

Greetings.

22 minutes ago, ppabli said:

Good morning @Ferynacz98765,

I don't think your problem with time is a game bug, keep in mind that if server time didn't move forward players would experience changes in time, weather or loads.

Greetings.

I understand why the timer needs to move forward, but I don't understand why there doesn't exist a solution. As I mentioned, if the game thinks that you spent 12 days on a delivery, why not move the delivery time 12 hours forward as well?

And about "having another account with more money" - I do not hire workers to gain loads of money, I just want to experience the "full" game in multiplayer. If many players play like this, then I understand why one meets many stupid players on the map - however, when there is autofix option and quick save, I can play normally even if my truck gets hit often. The only issue are really the workers.

I don't think hired drivers can perform late deliveries, or if they can I suspect it is decided by chance and has nothing to do with the in-game time that has passed since they started their delivery. What I notice in my drivers is that the lower leveled drivers have a considerable amount of deliveries in their logs that made a loss, but as their level increases this stops and all the deliveries are profitable. I assume this means that drivers have a random chance of somehow failing a delivery which decreases as they level up. Right now every time I sleep or take a ferry/train I earn about half a million euros so they definitely do work, just not as well as they do in singleplayer.

For reference; this is what my employee list looks like.

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

I wouldn't worry about hired drivers generating loss, because this aspect of the game is purely simulated and works with standard game time, which don't flow while you are logged into TMP server, instead, server time is forced upon you that overrides standard game time.

Because of that, your hired drivers will appear idle or frozen in time, but their activities get sort of queued, and once the standard game time moves forward again, all these queued activities will be instantly completed, which may result in them completing multiple deliveries at once, generating large amounts of income and gaining multiple levels.

You can move standard time forward in several ways: using ferry or other form of fast travel - such as teleporting between owned garages, you can also rest at designated resting areas, use tow service or emergency refueling.

Few more tips that works for me:

When starting up fresh, take jobs that require ferry transport as much as possible, after you have hired your first employee.

Equip employees with something better than basic, cheapest truck, better truck reduces chances of generating loss, especially when they are low level. Assigning them trailer is undesirable, it will only increase chance that they will return empty.

Hire employees with some skill points in long distance, set the training policy to "long distance", check up on them untill it's maxed, after that leave it at "balanced".

It is not recommended to hire many emloyees, because autosaving takes longer, possibly making you lag too much, 3-4 hired emmloyees works for me, later, when you no longer need them beecause you are swimming in cash, you can fire them or keep only one.

If you really need lots of money fast, you can abuse fast travelling between 2 garages, juts buy one that is good distance from your starting garage and teleport back and forth and your bank account will be overflowing in matter of minutes.

Hello again! :)

We're glad to hear that your Question has been answered.

Thank you to everyone, who helped here!

If you require more help in the future, please do not hesitate to create another Topic or a Support Ticket.

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

//locked and moved to Solved Topics.

spacer.png