Screen Freeze - OBS

Jamie Marsh

Question

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping you can assist me, please. I'm currently having an issue which has developed over the past week or so.

I run OBS to stream and to also catch the cheeky monkeys that GTA drive in-game. But if I was to tab out of the game, and tab back in my screen would be frozen.

So let me clear up what I mean by that, the game isn't frozen, I can still hear everything and if I turn to my other monitor that is recording the game I can still see my mouse cursor and drive in-game but via the recording screen panel, so this enables me to quit the game to reboot.

I have been trying to avoid this post for as long as possible, and by doing that I've been clicking record before I've even got in-game and attempted to not tab out, occasionally I have tabbed in and out and it's been fine. But 75% of the time it will cause this issue.

If you have any suggestions that i could try, i will be greatful for your time.

Many thanks,

Jamie

JAMIE MARSH
SYC5mRU.gif

626540713814786058.png.121d0b342c5310cefb5fed742893afea.png

4 answers to this question

Hello @ojambo

I know exactly what you are referencing to. I myself have had this exact issue so I understand how frustrating it can be at times. By no means this is a solution but more of a work-around until this possibly gets fixed.

• Double click on the TMP launcher
  • Select "ATS" or "ETS2"
  • After you click "ATS" or "ETS2" do not click anything and wait for the game to launch

Again the above isn't a solution, however I've noticed when I alt-tab my ATS or ETS2 doesn't freeze if I needed to change the song or volume. I found this works for me and I really hope this works for you as well.

Credits are due to @sQCF - Beater for initial discovery 

@K0rnholio Buddy,

I appreciate you passing this information onto me, ill give it a go. There isn't anything more annoying than intermittent problems as it's so hard to find a route cause.

I'll keep this on one of my notes and give it a go when I'm next online.

Thanks again for your time.

p.s - thanks for moderating the servers ;)

JAMIE MARSH
SYC5mRU.gif

626540713814786058.png.121d0b342c5310cefb5fed742893afea.png

Hello there! :)

Since you have marked an Answer as Best answer, i am assuming that your Questions has been answered.

Thank you to everyone, who helped here!

If you require more help in the future, please do not hesitate to create another Topic or a Support Ticket.

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to Solved Topics.

spacer.png