Tell me... Why do you enjoy driving?

Owen.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I enjoy driving in games because it relaxes me. Since I was a kid, I wanted to be a bus/truck driver. Because IRL I can only have a driver's license for a car now, I enjoy driving with buses and trucks in games until I get to proper age for driver's license for a bus/truck.

|Viva Trucking|Apply to Viva Trucking|Star Wars Fan|HAZMAT Division

I've always found ETS2/ATS, OMSI2 or any other simulators in the same vein to be somewhat therapeutic in nature. It's not filled with action and panic and madness that you typically find in most other games; even racing games have an element of that. These simulations however are much more relaxed and offer a much calmer way to unwind.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

Driving games have always been a passion of mine since I was a kid, especially simulation driving games! I remember playing games like City Car Driving, 18 WOS and more! Having a game like ETS2/ATS really is a blessing. Since I don’t have my driver’s license yet, this would be the closest I’ll get to experience driving.

I find it relaxing to do and I have a lot of fun doing it. I love taking the country roads because some have a lot of bends which could be challenging with a heavy haul of 20t+, and just in general I love taking jobs for various amounts of companys and experiencing new types of cargoes. To top it off, I am a driver for a virtual trucking company which I find very fun to be apart off and I've got to know a lot of nice people. 

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy it because there's not much to it and I can relax while doing it. :)

/ --- - //       Achievement Get!

/ -- -- //        Locating the Forums

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾                                                         

In truck sim: I really like trucks. Ended up doing mechanical work on a truck my cousin had bought, and became a bit obsessed with trucks since then. And I like the social aspect of driving with others on TMP.

IRL: Very relaxing, if you're driving in the right areas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived