Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Launcher suggestion - "launch options"

rado84

I found a way to speed up loading times for ProMods in Single Player but sadly it doesn't work for TruckersMP. Considering that also the "-nointro" option doesn't work either, this makes me think the launcher of TruckersMP launches the game directly from it's executable and doesn't read the launch options of ETS2 in Steam.

Suggestion name: Launch Options

Suggestion Description:

a) make the launcher read the "launch options" of Steam

or

b) add a "launch options" field in the launcher window (where the "Launch ETS2" button is located)

Suggestion images: none.

Additional information: From a topic on the official SCS forum I got these options whose values I modified to match my system and now they look like this:

-nointro -mm_max_resource_size: 8000 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size: 8000

"-nointro" is self explanatory.

With the other 2 options when loading promods in single player, the total loading time is about 20 seconds. Without these options, single player promods loads exactly the same time it needs to load in multiplayer, which is at least 5 minutes. The huge difference comes from the fact that the default resource size the game uses is like 20-30 MB, whereas my setting makes it 8000 MB; the temporary buffer size used by the game by default is 1000 MB, but for someone like me with 32GB RAM, that's too low and setting it to 8000 MB speeds up loading by a lot! I still haven't tested these things with "12000" or "16000" but so far 8000 looks good in regards of performance.

So adding launch options in truckersmp launcher or making it read the steam launch options will allows us to speed up the loading process of promods in multiplayer. Well, at least those of us who have enough RAM anyway.

The best part is that this won't affect the gameplay in any way, it will simply make things faster locally, if the computer hardware is powerful enough to handle it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Awesome! 1

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

• 2 years later...