Repositioning of moderators in the ets2 online game (Trucksmp)

ScobraBR

I suggest a moderator of the truckersmp stopped on this route from the Calais to Duisburg highway and another moderator or admin, running around the map!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Those who are in favor of this idea please vote for YES, who are against please vote for NO! Thank you for your participation!

• YES
    • NO

On 4/27/2020 at 10:01 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

How can a jammed and full of crazy drivers 2 ways road be the most efficient route when there are highways from the same origin to the same destination that only add a few Km to the run? People go there because they want, not because they need to. Some, to cause chaos, some others, to laugh at that chaos and clearly, some others to complain about that chaos. I just checked, teleported to Calais garage, set Duisburg as destination and guess what? The GPS tells me to go South, on the highway, going near Lille, Liege and Cologne. Total distance 556 Km. Changed the route so it would use the infamous "death road", total distance 491 Km. 65 Km extra, but almost always on 2-3 lanes highways. If you respect the speed limits, 50% of the C-D road is 80Km/h, another 50% is 60 Km/h, on the highways it's 90-80 Km/h. And a lot more unlikely to find jams and trolls. So even being 65 Km longer, it's also faster and safer.

Most players don't wanna drive in empty highways like they're playing in a one player server.

On 4/26/2020 at 10:27 AM, heyhococo said:

It would probably be logistically impossible to schedule at least one moderator to be watching the road 24/7, since all our moderators do this in their free time which may change all the time and so you might not be able to guarantee one moderator to be available at the same time every day (or same time every week).

And while the CD road is one of the most popular, we do still receive lots of reports all across the map, and if there was only one moderator online it would be rather unfair for the reports to not be seen to, if they were tasked with just watching the CD road. If something does happen, I’d suggest making a recording and a web report on our site (Link here on how to do this), that way it is guaranteed to be seen to.

i think there will be enough people who would offer themselves as supervisors and are trustworthy enough not to abuse this position. In addition, there are certainly those who can do this with the necessary seriousness.

the reporting system is far too slow and cumbersome. if i have to upload a short video for every troll who disturbs the traffic i am busy for hours. it takes almost half an hour to upload a video with a minute running time. half an hour in which I can not drive for my company.

12 hours ago, KW_Driver said:

Personally, I think it would be pretty easy to police the Sim servers better.. The devs can force the game into whatever configuration they want to, so why not force the traffic penalties, and up the infraction costs? if you wreck somebody and it costs you $100K and you can't turn it off, it would do surprising things toward making people care about how they drive... if a speeding ticket or red light violation costs $10K for each occurrence, it will slow traffic down... 

Change the Arcade server to "RACE" and allow crashes, and then the racers can go knock themselves out.. but make the Sim server a true simulation, forcing drivers to obey traffic laws, etc. and the problems would start to sort themselves out... The problem exists because there is hardly any enforcement in a server where the rules of the road don't matter anyway, because you can turn off the penalties for ignoring them.. 

I think that updating the fines would solve the players' mentality, I really liked that. Now, about upgrading the arcade to race ... that would just give more "kids" reasons to play as if it were GTA, destroying their opponents. xD

2 hours ago, r4p4dur4 said:

I think that updating the fines would solve the players' mentality, I really liked that. Now, about upgrading the arcade to race ... that would just give more "kids" reasons to play as if it were GTA, destroying their opponents. xD

I've been giving this some more thought even, and think this could go somewhere..  The core game already does a respectable job at assigning fault in the event of an accident, and so, with traffic offenses forced on, and automation routine could be built to deal with habitual offenders.. The TMP devs already have game hooks in place to auto kick players for things such as not using headlights or AFK status, so why not create a hook that will auto kick after a certain number of at-fault traffic incidents in a particular time period? Again, this would be tied to forcing the traffic offences into a permenant "on" state, and then the hook can flag each time a player ID gets a crash fine, and after 5 offenses in say a 12 hour period, auto kicks the player and flags that account for the moderators to further review. the flag can mark the location of the offenses and and when the moderators find a pattern, they can then take further action against that player. This automates the proces, and takes some of the burden off of the GM's inability to be everywhere at once, and by using a count/period system, specifically targets trolls and abusers, while not terribly affecting players that truly just have a one-off accident. With this the system will monitor for patterns, before flagging the player to moderators.. 

maybe a GM will see this and pass it along... 

19 hours ago, KW_Driver said:

I've been giving this some more thought even, and think this could go somewhere..  The core game already does a respectable job at assigning fault in the event of an accident, and so, with traffic offenses forced on, and automation routine could be built to deal with habitual offenders.. The TMP devs already have game hooks in place to auto kick players for things such as not using headlights or AFK status, so why not create a hook that will auto kick after a certain number of at-fault traffic incidents in a particular time period? Again, this would be tied to forcing the traffic offences into a permenant "on" state, and then the hook can flag each time a player ID gets a crash fine, and after 5 offenses in say a 12 hour period, auto kicks the player and flags that account for the moderators to further review. the flag can mark the location of the offenses and and when the moderators find a pattern, they can then take further action against that player. This automates the proces, and takes some of the burden off of the GM's inability to be everywhere at once, and by using a count/period system, specifically targets trolls and abusers, while not terribly affecting players that truly just have a one-off accident. With this the system will monitor for patterns, before flagging the player to moderators.. 

maybe a GM will see this and pass it along... 

I'm with you on this, I liked it. This would really change the "water for wine" game. We will agree that today the system is overloaded with reports, and many are simple to solve, however the quantity prevents the solution in a timely manner. I say from my own experience, I have some reports not yet analyzed. This automation would be something really pleasurable, not only for the TruckersMP Staff, but for me as a player, to know that something is in my favor, against trolls and pranksters.  In this way of thinking, these offenders would get kicked, even for simple things like a red light, but would prevent them from going any further with something worse. That would change their mindset!

2 hours ago, r4p4dur4 said:

I'm with you on this, I liked it. This would really change the "water for wine" game. We will agree that today the system is overloaded with reports, and many are simple to solve, however the quantity prevents the solution in a timely manner. I say from my own experience, I have some reports not yet analyzed. This automation would be something really pleasurable, not only for the TruckersMP Staff, but for me as a player, to know that something is in my favor, against trolls and pranksters.  In this way of thinking, these offenders would get kicked, even for simple things like a red light, but would prevent them from going any further with something worse. That would change their mindset!

The system I describe would not be for trivial things, like running red lights, beyond the monetary fine.. The automated kick system would be for the trolls that choose to crash into people, and keep doing it..  Running red lights, though annoying, only occasionally causes any incident between 2 players. This is where forcing the implementation of the fines comes in, as a deterrent to the behavior in a way that is annoying to the offender, but still essentially a slap on the hand. The auto kick is for the players who deliberately CHOOSE to negatively affect the other players by ramming into them, which goes beyond a mere annoyance IMO. And by using a count/time period system it can differentiate between the trolls and genuine accidents with a decent degree of accuracy. The other bonus to this is it takes away the notion of "bias" from the GM's, as the computer cannot be biased in it's application of the rules. And after multiple auto kicks from the system for the behavior, the account has been flagged repeatedly, and the Mods can take ban actions without accusations of bias, as a track record of infractions can be shown.. (i.e. after 5 auto kicks in a 3 day period, the account can be flagged for moderator attention for further action, such as a ban). But the ban should ALWAYS remain a human enforced punishment. but in this way, there is no need for reviewing hours of video coverage and making arbitrary decisions. The system will have already assigned fault, the moderators are merely looking at a small document indicating the number of repeat offenses, and choosing an appropriate punishment for the evidence in hand.

Another thing this will curb is the acts of retaliation, that often make a small problem into a larger one that catches many bystanders in the crossfire, as the retaliatory actions are also penalized, but I surmise that after an autokick, that player would have a chance to cool off, as well as a probable chance of being separated from the other player long enough for the problem to have a low chance of repeating itself.

As I say, this system should not be applied to things like running red lights or speeding in and of themselves, just crashes. Even with it just being crashes, a general attitude change is possible, as most crashes result from other behaviors, such as speeding and disobeying red lights and stop signs. 

And this should certainly not REPLACE the current system, as it could not account for things related to the incidents, such as verbal use of racial slurs on the CB, or in text chat, or other forms of harassment which would need to be manually reviewed by GMs for further action. This system should merely augment the existing one to take some of the workload off the GM's for routine tasks, and as I say, should alleviate some of the claims of bias against the staff, because the staff isn't making the decisions to kick the player after an infraction, they only decide on actions after a player has proven themselves a repeat offender. 

Anyhow... just more ramblings, lol...

Oh, and as I say, for all of this to work, a place has to be given for those players who wish to play in a demolition "Death Race" style game play. I understand the attraction of C-D road, and the shenanigans that occur there.. And it is wildly popular with a certain segment of the player base. I just think that they need a place of their own where they can't negatively impact the simulation crowd, and the simulation and VTC crowd can also enjoy the area without worrying about being caught in the crossfire. 

Just my 2 cents about the recent ideas:

Cent 1 - Forcing "Police" on all players would be good for nothing. 100K fines are useless if any players can cheat their profile to have billions. And it's usually the less serious players who cheat their profiles with money and XP so they don't have to bother earning them and can have everything unlocked from scratch. Only way for this to work would be with server-sided economy and profiles, so money cheats would be impossible. And that doesn't exist, so far.

Cent 2 - Autokick for crashes would be chaos. The game has actually no way to know who was at fault, I've been fined in SP because one NPC car turned into my truck. Using such an "AI" would guarantee that many players would be kicked without being at fault. Because, AFAIK, it "records" all contacts against other vehicles. You are driving, are cut off by an overtaker, your cabin is hit by the other player's trailer, the game can "understand" that you rammed the other vehicle and "tag" you as the offender. And you can be sure that the trolls would find the way to "cheat" the system and make it tag always the other person. A very easy example: Brake checking. A troll overtakes you while doing 90 Km/h, immediately merges back right in front of your vehicle and slams the brakes. You rear-end it because there's no way to avoid that. Right now, you can record video and get that guy banned. With an auto-crash-detection system, you would be kicked.

23 hours ago, KW_Driver said:

The system I describe would not be for trivial things, like running red lights, beyond the monetary fine.. The automated kick system would be for the trolls that choose to crash into people, and keep doing it..  Running red lights, though annoying, only occasionally causes any incident between 2 players. This is where forcing the implementation of the fines comes in, as a deterrent to the behavior in a way that is annoying to the offender, but still essentially a slap on the hand. The auto kick is for the players who deliberately CHOOSE to negatively affect the other players by ramming into them, which goes beyond a mere annoyance IMO. And by using a count/time period system it can differentiate between the trolls and genuine accidents with a decent degree of accuracy. The other bonus to this is it takes away the notion of "bias" from the GM's, as the computer cannot be biased in it's application of the rules. And after multiple auto kicks from the system for the behavior, the account has been flagged repeatedly, and the Mods can take ban actions without accusations of bias, as a track record of infractions can be shown.. (i.e. after 5 auto kicks in a 3 day period, the account can be flagged for moderator attention for further action, such as a ban). But the ban should ALWAYS remain a human enforced punishment. but in this way, there is no need for reviewing hours of video coverage and making arbitrary decisions. The system will have already assigned fault, the moderators are merely looking at a small document indicating the number of repeat offenses, and choosing an appropriate punishment for the evidence in hand.

Another thing this will curb is the acts of retaliation, that often make a small problem into a larger one that catches many bystanders in the crossfire, as the retaliatory actions are also penalized, but I surmise that after an autokick, that player would have a chance to cool off, as well as a probable chance of being separated from the other player long enough for the problem to have a low chance of repeating itself.

As I say, this system should not be applied to things like running red lights or speeding in and of themselves, just crashes. Even with it just being crashes, a general attitude change is possible, as most crashes result from other behaviors, such as speeding and disobeying red lights and stop signs. 

And this should certainly not REPLACE the current system, as it could not account for things related to the incidents, such as verbal use of racial slurs on the CB, or in text chat, or other forms of harassment which would need to be manually reviewed by GMs for further action. This system should merely augment the existing one to take some of the workload off the GM's for routine tasks, and as I say, should alleviate some of the claims of bias against the staff, because the staff isn't making the decisions to kick the player after an infraction, they only decide on actions after a player has proven themselves a repeat offender. 

Anyhow... just more ramblings, lol...

Oh, and as I say, for all of this to work, a place has to be given for those players who wish to play in a demolition "Death Race" style game play. I understand the attraction of C-D road, and the shenanigans that occur there.. And it is wildly popular with a certain segment of the player base. I just think that they need a place of their own where they can't negatively impact the simulation crowd, and the simulation and VTC crowd can also enjoy the area without worrying about being caught in the crossfire. 

You explained it well, and your thinking makes a lot of sense to me!  This possible tool, programmed in the right way, would result in a more pleasant job for the staff.  I keep imagining that the several hours of movies to review reports are exhausting, and that when the staff will actually play, they already have a lot of discouragement for that.   I really hope that some MOD can take a good look at our conversation, and take that idea forward. Or even consult you better about it and put it into practice.   You should send this in a report / ticket as a suggestion.

23 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Cent 1 - Forcing "Police" on all players would be good for nothing. 100K fines are useless if any players can cheat their profile to have billions. And it's usually the less serious players who cheat their profiles with money and XP so they don't have to bother earning them and can have everything unlocked from scratch. Only way for this to work would be with server-sided economy and profiles, so money cheats would be impossible. And that doesn't exist, so far.

Cent 2 - Autokick for crashes would be chaos. The game has actually no way to know who was at fault, I've been fined in SP because one NPC car turned into my truck. Using such an "AI" would guarantee that many players would be kicked without being at fault. Because, AFAIK, it "records" all contacts against other vehicles. You are driving, are cut off by an overtaker, your cabin is hit by the other player's trailer, the game can "understand" that you rammed the other vehicle and "tag" you as the offender. And you can be sure that the trolls would find the way to "cheat" the system and make it tag always the other person. A very easy example: Brake checking. A troll overtakes you while doing 90 Km/h, immediately merges back right in front of your vehicle and slams the brakes. You rear-end it because there's no way to avoid that. Right now, you can record video and get that guy banned. With an auto-crash-detection system, you would be kicked.

I know you're right in saying that players can take a kick without blame. But stop believing that the server can become better and be protected against cheating ... placing the blame on rich players ... for me you are giving up on it without even trying!

@r4p4dur4 I guess you didn't understand. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying that the idea of using forced fines of lots of money won't work, because lots of people and specially the ones who don't give a **** about the rules have so much money that wouldn't give a **** about receiving fines. Do you think that trolls use MP to do jobs and get money so they can pay for repairs, more powerful trucks, better engines? You make a server that will make them pay 100 K for speeding, they have 5000 billions, do you think they'll stop speeding? Or running red lights? And even if they start running out of money at one point, it's 5 minutes of save-edit and 5000 billions again.

With server-side profiles, players would be unable to cheat money. Higher forced fines for speeding, running red lights, etc. would make them have to do jobs and be sure that they won't be fined again, so they can earn money for repairs, better trucks, upgrades, etc. 

If you really believe that forced police is a good idea, feel free to send a suggestion. I'm telling you why it won't solve anything and the staff will probably tell you the same. It's not worth it trying something new when you know that it's not going to work.

The road between Duisburg and Calais has become infamous because of its accidents and traffic jams caused by reckless, careless and trolling players.

It has gained even more attention by "idiots on the road" videos which in return attracted exactly the same kind of players that they promote: reckless, careless and trolling players.

Most players (if not all players) therefore know very well what they get involved in when they drive there.

I believe that putting a specific number of moderators on duty to patrol specifically in this area is simply a waste of valuable resources.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:48 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I'm not saying that my idea is perfect, far from it. And furthermore, this is a result of only a few hours reflection on the issue at hand.  

Yes there are those that will use money cheats, etc., but those take time offline to use, and while that player is offline, they aren't online causing mischief. The fine system built into the game , while not absolutely perfect is better than you give credit for, and would, imo, accurately assign blame is better than 80% of the situations, and again, my backstop for this is that it would take repeated offenses over a time period before it would auto kick someone.. it wouldn't kick you every time you got cited by the AI system.. but if you get to be found at fault 5 times (using my example) in a single session, then you have established a pattern of disruptive behaviors. And at that point comes the auto kick, but not until you have established that pattern.. then after exhibiting that pattern repeatedly, the server automatically flags you for a ban, again, because you established another pattern: that you couldn't take the hint that your behavior isn't acceptable, and kept repeating you disruptive behavior. The system I have described gives plenty of benefit of doubt before taking action, where a player has the ability to cease their behavior, or go to another server that does not enforce these penalties, which I also proposed. I get it, that the kids want a place to go crash because they think it's funny, so fine, give them that place, but there is a huge chunk of the server pop that wants to use the game as it was intended, and can not because of these players. People running as part of VTCs that get beyond frustrated when they are nearly finished with a 3,000km run, only to have it ruined by some kids that thinks it's fun to ruin someone else's game. 

The current system is overwhelmed. It's flaw is that it doesn't appear to have been designed for the server populations that we are seeing, and the moderators are flooded with ban requests that may or may not be legitimate (because let's be real, how many of those requests are just made by someone who is angry at the moment, and don't bother to differentiate between a genuine accident and intentional behavior. This is human nature.). The current situation also does not take into account that not everyone can or are willing to be running recording software in the background due to either system limitations, or the limitations of existing recording software. The current situation also has the limitation that moderators can't monitor the entire game area at once, and with this system, they wouldn't have to. 

The benefit of using the auto kick system is that it has a minimal impact to the player being kicked. Just as if you got kicked for failing to turn on your headlights, you merely restart the game and log back in, so there is no more "chaos" that when people get booted for idle AFK time or forgetting their headlights. But the benefit to others is that it gives a chance to get away from the area being stalked by the trolls while they are logging back into the game, and thus be able to continue their delivery without further incident. And by the system logging these auto kicks, and tracking patterns of violations, it can assist the moderators in identifying problematic players that don't necessarily stalk the C-D road where all the attention is focused (I have noticed trolls lately hanging out around Lyon and Helsinki). They then have a record of the violations that has been kept by the system rather than relying on verification from the player base, which takes some burden off of the game moderators, as these patterns can be dealt with by a single person quite easily, and not require hours upon hours of video review, as the evidence of the pattern of behavior has already been collected. 

As I say, the system isn't a perfect one, and would require a significant amount of testing and tweaking, to be sure, but I think it could work.. And as I continue to say, to work successfully, there needs to be made a home for these players that wish to drive in such a fashion, but can keep it away from the player base that is taking a more serious view of the game. Both parts of this system must be implemented together, otherwise it certainly will not work. And by implementing this system on the simulation server(s), and creating a "casual" or "racing" server that the system is NOT applied to will help move the players that want a demolition derby to a place where they won't disturb the players who are taking the game more seriously. 

On 5/2/2020 at 2:50 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@r4p4dur4 I guess you didn't understand. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying that the idea of using forced fines of lots of money won't work, because lots of people and specially the ones who don't give a **** about the rules have so much money that wouldn't give a **** about receiving fines. Do you think that trolls use MP to do jobs and get money so they can pay for repairs, more powerful trucks, better engines? You make a server that will make them pay 100 K for speeding, they have 5000 billions, do you think they'll stop speeding? Or running red lights? And even if they start running out of money at one point, it's 5 minutes of save-edit and 5000 billions again.

With server-side profiles, players would be unable to cheat money. Higher forced fines for speeding, running red lights, etc. would make them have to do jobs and be sure that they won't be fined again, so they can earn money for repairs, better trucks, upgrades, etc. 

If you really believe that forced police is a good idea, feel free to send a suggestion. I'm telling you why it won't solve anything and the staff will probably tell you the same. It's not worth it trying something new when you know that it's not going to work.

The forced police setting is what I suggest for a trigger mechanism for my auto kick idea, and yes, just a quick save edit, and the money is replenished. But I'm sure that there are a lot of the kids who don't have a clue how to do that (otherwise the money cheat mods on the steam workshop would cease to exist), and the higher fines would act as a subtle deterrent to those players.. again, not perfect, but it can't hurt anything. but the main purpose in forcing the police on is the trigger for the system wide tracking of player behavior that I've described above..

oh, and yes, setting up a server side economy would be more effective, however, that IMO would probably be far more difficult to implement. the system I have described would utilize the trigger from a forced configuration file, that takes mere minutes to type up, a database, and a game hook, to which code is already available (through the AFK and headlight kicks) and just needs to be modified to look at crash events instead of the headlight or movement events. So, the tools, other than the database, are already in place, and can be implemented with little overall effort, other than testing and tweaking to get a good balance of how much havoc can be caused before the system takes action. 

10 hours ago, KW_Driver said:

The forced police setting is what I suggest for a trigger mechanism for my auto kick idea, and yes, just a quick save edit, and the money is replenished. But I'm sure that there are a lot of the kids who don't have a clue how to do that (otherwise the money cheat mods on the steam workshop would cease to exist), and the higher fines would act as a subtle deterrent to those players.. again, not perfect, but it can't hurt anything. but the main purpose in forcing the police on is the trigger for the system wide tracking of player behavior that I've described above..

10 hours ago, KW_Driver said:

But this can still hit players that shouldent be hit by it. As said earlier, people will find ways of miss using that system. So players that has just started the game and has 0 money gets fined a lot of money because someone found a way to cheat the system. We cant have automated systems like that. Cause people are always gonna find ways to miss use it. Like even if we have an auto kick for something people still find ways to get around it. There is a reason why we have a permanent ban if you are caught getting around the auto kicks.  So even a system that kicks someone for multiple rammings or something wouldent be a good idea cause people will always find a way to cheat it. And a system like that would be a huge and complicated system that would take a very long time to make, just for someone to find a way to cheat it. Which is why almost everything to do with kicks and bans is done by moderators. Simply to make sure everything is done right.  And someone said that a kick is nothing so it wouldent be that bad. But if you forget your headlights or get kicked for AFK timer, then thats your own fault. But if you get kicked because someone found a way to cheat the system and 10 trolls does this to you, then its not a little thing any more. And in the end a system like that could just get us moderators even more work, cause then the trolls will be reported for cheating the system. It would be a mess. Easiest way to avoid the rammers and trolls is to not drive near duisburg and calais and the road between them.

The issue of repositioning will not be as effective, since there are always players who find ways to circumvent the systems or some way of being at the limit of it and thus be able to circumvent it; But what I think is a better idea is not to reposition .... but to focus the work and the rules in order to be able to apply the law more rigorously, rather than redirecting those in charge of moderation or areas related to game moderation; In addition to that, as many of the players who take nothing seriously have said before, they are the ones who least care about the fines, since they will always find ways to "remove" the penalties.

5 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

But this can still hit players that shouldent be hit by it. As said earlier, people will find ways of miss using that system. So players that has just started the game and has 0 money gets fined a lot of money because someone found a way to cheat the system. We cant have automated systems like that. Cause people are always gonna find ways to miss use it. Like even if we have an auto kick for something people still find ways to get around it. There is a reason why we have a permanent ban if you are caught getting around the auto kicks.  So even a system that kicks someone for multiple rammings or something wouldent be a good idea cause people will always find a way to cheat it. And a system like that would be a huge and complicated system that would take a very long time to make, just for someone to find a way to cheat it. Which is why almost everything to do with kicks and bans is done by moderators. Simply to make sure everything is done right.  And someone said that a kick is nothing so it wouldent be that bad. But if you forget your headlights or get kicked for AFK timer, then thats your own fault. But if you get kicked because someone found a way to cheat the system and 10 trolls does this to you, then its not a little thing any more. And in the end a system like that could just get us moderators even more work, cause then the trolls will be reported for cheating the system. It would be a mess. Easiest way to avoid the rammers and trolls is to not drive near duisburg and calais and the road between them.

first of all, the trolls have spread beyond C-D road. I've been acosted by groups in Lyon, Helsinki, and Taranto, and there are just not enough of you to cover the whole map. Why do I not record and report it? Because there are no recording programs that are optimized for recording at 5431x3055 resolution, short of full commercial applications that cost hundreds of dollars.. The resulting video file from sources like streamlabs is a useless slide show because of the frame loss.. So I end up hoping that a streamer is hanging around to record things when I get acosted..  And similar results occur to players whose systems aren't powerful enough to run recording software in the background and still run the game in a playable state. 

As for your assertion that the system would be huge and hard to make, that isn't true, because all the pieces are already there in the TMP program, except for the database to hold the data, and even I, as a dumb retired truck driver, can make a database.. As I said, by using the crash detection in ETS2/ATS as a trigger for the game hook, you don't need to create that part of it. You already have the game hook itself for the headlights and afk kicks. simply copy, alter the events the code is looking for and reinsert the new code. Unless of course your programmers are no longer actually active in maintaining the system, this should be child's play, because their code is already there, they don't have to write new code from scratch.

Yes, surely people will get around it eventually.. welcome to computers.. if there were a perfect system to keep people from finding or creating exploits, Piracy would be a thing of the past.. nothing anybody does (including your ban system) will stop everyone, and to think so is plain arrogance. what I am proposing is that this can assist in monitoring a system that has gotten bigger than what can reasonably be expected of the moderators to police. You can't be everywhere, all the time, and what you've done with C-D road is show that the behavior IS tolerated, and now they are moving to other locales because to you it's acceptable so long as there are enough players doing it. And those of us that are actually playing the game, as it was intended to be played, are suffering for it. We put in hours upon hours and get shafted by some little kid who enjoys trolling people because the behavior has been allowed to occur, albeit within a limited area, but that area moves.. I remember when the problem area was in Rotterdam.. now it's CD Road, and it's starting to spread again.. when is it going to stop? when are there going to be enough of you to stop it? Back then the server size was 1,000 people, now it's set to 5,000 and at times server 1 is fully populated and server 2 is at 50% capacity. My understanding, after years of lurking here, is that the video ban process is backlogged, and there are not enough moderators to cover the map in its' entirety in realtime, so the problem is spreading. By using an automated system, some semblance of control can be maintained.. it's not ideal, and as I said, it would need testing and tweaking to determine the thresholds, but it can work. Unless, of course, TMP has really just been catering all along to the players that want GTA style crashfest without the repercussions of a 3rd person shooter, and just placating the simulation players all along, which I rather doubt to be the case. 

The real point of this is to move those players off the simulation server to a casual server, which I still can't fathom why it hasn't been done already.. The arcade server is all but useless for an alternative because the crash detection is turned off, and since nothing has been done for so long, the problem has festered over the years. with the dramatically increased populations due to the worldwide quarantine, I see this coming to a head in the near future, as the behavior has been tolerated, and the players have started to spread away from the C-D road area to other places on the map, making it harder to find "safe" places to play the game unmolested.

11 hours ago, - Joker - said:

Sometimes it's ok to be Moderator on that route just like a police but not whole the time. We like that chaos and losing some nerves there ?

I would be okay with that if it stayed on the C-D road, but unfortunately, it's not staying there, and has started to spread elsewhere across the map. and with SCS's fire sales lately, even remaining exclusively in the DLC areas is no longer preventive against being molested by players who want "chaos and losing some nerves."

4 hours ago, KW_Driver said:

I would be okay with that if it stayed on the C-D road, but unfortunately, it's not staying there, and has started to spread elsewhere across the map. and with SCS's fire sales lately, even remaining exclusively in the DLC areas is no longer preventive against being molested by players who want "chaos and losing some nerves."

When i said "we love that chaos and losing some nerves" i mean on traffic jams not on players who intended to hit you. Those player should be banned. Sometimes it could be boring drive around the map and not see other players. I love sometimes go on C-D route, play radio and go slowly just like in Real Life.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @ScobraBR,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived