Repositioning of moderators in the ets2 online game (Trucksmp)

ScobraBR

I suggest a moderator of the truckersmp stopped on this route from the Calais to Duisburg highway and another moderator or admin, running around the map!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Those who are in favor of this idea please vote for YES, who are against please vote for NO! Thank you for your participation!

• YES
    • NO

?? Subject: Repositioning of moderators in the ets2 online game (Truckesmp).

Suggestion: Unfortunately, the positioning of moderators or admins on the highways that connect Calais to Duisburg is very predictable making it easy to circumvent rules and hinder other drivers in other regions of the game, so I come here to make the following suggestion:

I suggest a moderator of the truckersmp stopped on this route from the Calais to Duisburg highway and another moderator or admin, running around the map observing to see if any funny guy will try to disturb the other drivers. This admin or moderator will be able to blitz to reduce acceleration at different points on the map. Those who are in favor of this idea please vote for YES, who are against please vote for NO!

Thank you for your participation!

?? Assunto: reposicionamento dos Moderadores no Jogo ETS2 on line (Truckersmp).

Sugestão: Infelizmente, é muito previsível o posicionamento de moderadores ou administradores nas rodovias que ligam Calais a Duisburg, tornando fáceis as regras de burlar e atrapalhar os demais motoristas em outras regiões do jogo, sendo assim como aqui a seguir a seguir:

Sugira um moderador do truckersmp parado nesta rota da rodovia Calais para Duisburg e outro moderador ou administrador, rodando pelo mapa observando para ver nenhum engraçado tentando atrapalhar os demais motoristas. Esse administrador ou moderador, poderá fazer blitz para redução de aceleração em pontos diferentes no mapa. Aqueles que mais favorecem essa ideia por favor votar no SIM, ou seja, mais contra por favor votar em NÃO!

Obrigado pela participação de todos!

If it were up to me, that road would be "no-moderation" area, "Enter at your own risk". 99% of the people who go there know what they are going to find, but they go, nonetheless. So they must be looking for that chaos and if they are happy with it, why put moderators to stop the chaos and destroy those players fun?

Instead of complaining and trying to get harder moderation, don't go on that road if you don't like the things that happen there, simple as that. There's no need at all to use that road, even if you are going from Calais to Duisburg, it's a lot faster and safer to go South, using the highway. So it's every player's choice, they want to drive into the fire, they should know that they can get burned.

It would probably be logistically impossible to schedule at least one moderator to be watching the road 24/7, since all our moderators do this in their free time which may change all the time and so you might not be able to guarantee one moderator to be available at the same time every day (or same time every week).

And while the CD road is one of the most popular, we do still receive lots of reports all across the map, and if there was only one moderator online it would be rather unfair for the reports to not be seen to, if they were tasked with just watching the CD road. If something does happen, I’d suggest making a recording and a web report on our site (Link here on how to do this), that way it is guaranteed to be seen to.

People prefer the CD road for what it is.... Chaos.
People intentionally drive there (like myself) to watch chaos unfold, or (like many others) go there to basically cause the cause... (then there are those that go there to try and get in the chaos itself so they can cry)

Personally i think leave it as it is. if anything major happens. it will be reported eventually through the forums. 

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

If it were up to me, that road would be "no-moderation" area, "Enter at your own risk". 99% of the people who go there know what they are going to find, but they go, nonetheless. So they must be looking for that chaos and if they are happy with it, why put moderators to stop the chaos and destroy those players fun?

Instead of complaining and trying to get harder moderation, don't go on that road if you don't like the things that happen there, simple as that. There's no need at all to use that road, even if you are going from Calais to Duisburg, it's a lot faster and safer to go South, using the highway. So it's every player's choice, they want to drive into the fire, they should know that they can get burned.

?

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Se dependesse de mim, essa estrada seria a área "sem moderação", "Entre por sua conta e risco". 99% das pessoas que vão para lá sabem o que vão encontrar, mas continuam mesmo assim. Então eles devem estar procurando por esse caos e se estão felizes com isso, por que colocar moderadores para parar o caos e destruir a diversão desses jogadores?

Em vez de reclamar e tentar obter moderação mais difícil, não siga esse caminho se você não gosta das coisas que acontecem por lá, simples assim. Não há nenhuma necessidade de usar essa estrada, mesmo se você estiver indo de Calais para Duisburg, é muito mais rápido e seguro ir para o sul, usando a estrada. Portanto, a escolha é de todos os jogadores, eles querem entrar no fogo, devem saber que podem se queimar.

Greetings Noble friend!

I think you did not understand. When I refer to Putting moderators beyond the route from Calais to Duisburg I mean having moderators running on the map. In addition to the moderator who will be on the route I mentioned, there would be another moderator moving around the map, it doesn't have to be 24 hours a day, they can take turns within the organization between them, what I'm suggesting and I don't know if I was clear is just put another moderator to run other highways on the map.

4 hours ago, heyhococo said:

Provavelmente, seria logisticamente impossível agendar pelo menos um moderador para assistir a estrada 24 horas por dia, todos os moderadores, pois todos os nossos moderadores fazem isso em seu tempo livre, o que pode mudar o tempo todo e, portanto, talvez você não consiga garantir a moderação de um moderador disponível no mesmo horário todos os dias (ou no mesmo horário toda semana).

E embora a estrada do CD seja uma das mais populares, ainda recebemos muitos relatórios em todo o mapa, e se houvesse apenas um moderador on-line, seria bastante injusto que os relatórios não fossem vistos, se eles tivessem a tarefa apenas assistindo a estrada do CD. Se algo acontecer, sugiro fazer uma gravação e um relatório da Web em nosso site (link aqui sobre como fazer isso), dessa forma é garantido que ele será visto.

Greetings Noble friend!

I think you did not understand. When I refer to Putting moderators beyond the route from Calais to Duisburg I mean having moderators running on the map. In addition to the moderator who will be on the route I mentioned, there would be another moderator moving around the map, it doesn't have to be 24 hours a day, they can take turns within the organization between them on alternate days and times, once a week or twice because During the trip off the CD route, many wrong things happen and I think it would be good to patrol in addition to the CD route, which I am suggesting and I don't know if I was clear is just to put one more moderator to run other highways on the map.

5 hours ago, ScobraBR said:

Greetings Noble friend!

I think you did not understand. When I refer to Putting moderators beyond the route from Calais to Duisburg I mean having moderators running on the map. In addition to the moderator who will be on the route I mentioned, there would be another moderator moving around the map, it doesn't have to be 24 hours a day, they can take turns within the organization between them, what I'm suggesting and I don't know if I was clear is just put another moderator to run other highways on the map.

I think that you don't understand how things work. There's no such thing as "The moderator who will be on the route...". GMs can be wherever they want and see every corner of the map using freecam and the teleport-to-user feature (only available for staff). For this same reason, there's no such thing as "moderator moving around the map", "running other highways", either. Having moderators to "patrol" the roads on their vehicles would be a complete waste of time and resources.

Lastly, you don't seem to understand either that the C-D area is a well known and "free-to-go" area for most "Idiots on the road" and trolls, but it's also completely avoidable. You go there because you want to. With thousands of Km of roads on the map, there's no need at all to go to Calais, to Duisburg, or to use the narrow road between them, there are alternate highways and lots of other places. It's also well known and quite common that some people won't stop using that small area and won't stop complaining, asking for more moderators, for stricter vigilance, when it's only their own fault for going there instead of trying to enjoy the mostly peaceful rest of the map.

This idea could derive into a kind of '911' callup service with IM in game. You could press a hotkey in game that would issue an 'emergency call' that would go to admins only. If anyone of the admins online at the time of the emergency call would like to respond, they would be immediatly 'teleported' to the reported area and see how much of what was going on before they got there they can come up with.

Another option, I've been kinda going around in my head for the past few days is a somehow adaptation of the MMOFPS games type of solution, where surrounding drivers would be asked to vote to kick someone out. If say there were 5 or 6 drivers who saw 1 driver ram anotherone out of the road, and the ramming victim starts a vote to kick the offender out, and all the eyewitnesses vote on for the kick, then kicked the offender would be. 5 kicks and it's a 15-day ban, 20 kicks and you're out for good, sth along those lines...

337254467_TruckerMPsignature2(150px).jpg.55bd2a1405f75455b7852f8fe366b199.jpg

So what people should know is that we dont have a schedule for when moderators are online on the server. Moderators are here on their own time. And a lot of them has families and jobs. So we cant tell moderators that you are on from 2pm to 4pm and then you are on from 4pm to 6pm. Moderators decide when they will go online to do work. So we cant have a moderator that watches CD road and then another one that watches another road. So when moderators are on they will either be driving around the map just playing, or they will be doing game reports or they will fly around and look at problems. But i think a lot of time the moderators look at reports. So we cant really space out moderators like that since they decide themself what they are doing online. 

16 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

So we cant really do that. For the same reason as to why we wont make a no speed limit server with collision. I think the problem is that making that road a no moderation zone would be impossible. Not only cause people would still be able to make reports from there and people will no matter if you tell them not to, but they will also record stuff and post it in web reports. And sometimes we might not be able to tell that its from the CD road. And no matter what the report would be there in the system which means that a moderator would still have to look at it and decline it since it was from the CD road. Its the same reason i think to why we are not making a no speed limit server with collision. Even if we said that we would not moderate it, people would still make web reports from it. And yes we could put a letter in front of the server id as we do with the Arcade server but with a collision server that is not moderated it would just mean a lot of extra web reports that we would have to decline and it would mean a huge amount of extra work for us as moderators. So even tho the idea of not moderating the CD road is good, it simply couldent be done. 

22 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Eu acho que você não entende como as coisas funcionam. Não existe algo como "O moderador que estará na rota ...". Os GMs podem estar onde quiserem e ver todos os cantos do mapa usando o freecam e o recurso de teleporte para o usuário (disponível apenas para a equipe). Por esse mesmo motivo, também não existe "moderador andando pelo mapa", "rodando outras rodovias". Ter moderadores para "patrulhar" as estradas em seus veículos seria um completo desperdício de tempo e recursos.

Por fim, você também não parece entender que a área de CD é uma área bem conhecida e "livre de ir" para a maioria dos "idiotas na estrada" e trolls, mas também é completamente evitável. Você vai lá porque quer. Com milhares de quilômetros de estradas no mapa, não há necessidade de ir a Calais, a Duisburg ou usar a estrada estreita entre elas, existem rodovias alternativas e muitos outros lugares. Também é bem conhecido e bastante comum que algumas pessoas não parem de usar essa área pequena e não parem de reclamar, pedindo mais moderadores, para uma vigilância mais rigorosa, quando a culpa é deles por irem lá em vez de tentar aproveitar a maioria resto tranquilo do mapa.

?? 

Noble friend.

I don't think you understand, I'll try to be more direct. what I’m asking for is for you to add another adm or moderator and keep him walking around the map. only that.

Strong hug.

??

Nobre amigo.

Acho que não entendeu, vou tentar ser mas direto. o que eu estou a pedir, é para que coloque mais um adm ou moderador e que esse fique andando pela mapa. só isso.

Forte abraço.

17 horas atrás, Pol_Master disse:

Essa idéia pode derivar em um tipo de serviço de chamada '911' com mensagens instantâneas no jogo. Você poderia pressionar uma tecla de atalho no jogo que emitisse uma 'chamada de emergência' que seria direcionada apenas aos administradores. Se qualquer um dos administradores on-line no momento da chamada de emergência quiser responder, eles serão imediatamente "teleportados" para a área relatada e verão quanto do que estava acontecendo antes de chegarem lá.

Outra opção, que eu tenho pensado nos últimos dias, é uma adaptação do tipo de solução de jogos MMOFPS, em que os motoristas vizinhos seriam convidados a votar para expulsar alguém. Se, digamos, houvesse 5 ou 6 motoristas que viram um motorista empurrar alguém para fora da estrada, e a vítima forçar uma votação para expulsar o agressor, e todas as testemunhas oculares votarem no pontapé, então o agressor seria expulso. 5 chutes e é uma proibição de 15 dias, 20 chutes e você está fora para sempre, sth nesse sentido ...

"Essa idéia pode derivar em um tipo de serviço de chamada '911' com mensagens instantâneas no jogo. Você poderia pressionar uma tecla de atalho no jogo que emitisse uma 'chamada de emergência' que seria direcionada apenas aos administradores. Se qualquer um dos administradores on-line no momento da chamada de emergência quiser responder, eles serão imediatamente "teleportados" para a área relatada e verão quanto do que estava acontecendo antes de chegarem lá."

?? I liked this idea because I didn't need a moderator walking around the map, but I believe it doesn't work so I am asking you to put one more moderator to be running around the map.

?? Essa idéia eu gostei porque ai não precisava de um moderador andando pelo mapa, mas acredito que não funciona isso por isso estou pedindo que coloquem mais um moderador para ficar rodando pelo mapa.

16 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Portanto, o que as pessoas devem saber é que não temos um cronograma para quando os moderadores estiverem online no servidor. Os moderadores estão aqui no seu próprio tempo. E muitos deles têm famílias e empregos. Portanto, não podemos dizer aos moderadores que você está entre as 14:00 e as 16:00 e que você está entre as 16:00 e as 18:00. Os moderadores decidem quando ficarão online para fazer o trabalho. Portanto, não podemos ter um moderador que assista à estrada do CD e outro que assista a outra estrada. Portanto, quando os moderadores estiverem ativados, eles estarão dirigindo pelo mapa apenas jogando, ou estarão fazendo relatórios de jogos ou voarão e olharão os problemas. Mas acho que muitas vezes os moderadores analisam os relatórios. Portanto, não podemos separar moderadores assim, pois eles decidem o que estão fazendo online. 

Então, nós realmente não podemos fazer isso. Pela mesma razão pela qual não criamos um servidor sem limite de velocidade com colisão. Penso que o problema é que tornar essa estrada uma zona sem moderação seria impossível. Não apenas porque as pessoas ainda seriam capazes de fazer relatórios a partir daí e as pessoas não importam se você disser que não devem, mas elas também gravam coisas e as publicam em relatórios da web. E às vezes podemos não ser capazes de dizer que é da estrada do CD. E não importa o que o relatório esteja lá no sistema, o que significa que um moderador ainda terá que analisá-lo e recusá-lo, uma vez que era da estrada do CD. É a mesma razão que penso por que não estamos criando um servidor sem limite de velocidade com colisão. Mesmo se disséssemos que não o moderaríamos, as pessoas ainda fariam relatórios da Web. E sim, poderíamos colocar uma carta na frente da identificação do servidor, como fazemos com o servidor Arcade, mas com um servidor de colisão não moderado, significaria muitos relatórios extras da Web que teríamos que recusar e isso significaria uma enorme quantidade de trabalho extra para nós, como moderadores. Portanto, mesmo que a idéia de não moderar a estrada do CD seja boa, ela simplesmente não poderia ser feita. 

?? Understand. Look, you could open up vacancies for that. I would love to be able to help with that. There could be a special car for this type of employee. Still thanks for your attention and explanation.

?? Entendi. Olha você poderia abrir vagas para isso. Eu adoraria poder ajudar nisso. Podia haver um carro especial para esse tipo de colaborador. Mesmo assim obrigado pela sua atenção e explicação.

This is a very interesting point, but I'm not certain how much your theory would work in practice. It's true that those who frequent the C-D route will come to learn the typical hotspots that admins will typically watch, and just use this knowledge to take advantage of their absence in other areas. By the same token though, if you adjust this, these new hotspots will be found out just as quickly, and you find yourself back on square one.

I think that it's also important to keep in mind that the C-D route isn't the only spot on the map in need of intense moderation. Incidents can happen at any given point in the map, so even if you had an administrator "patrolling" the route, or stationed, they may have to leave to handle a report anywhere else. To that end, it's important to make use of the Reports Section.

There are two other extreme opinions that are here, which I also profoundly disagree with. Making a route a "no moderation zone" is not the way forward to resolving this issue. Yes, it's a busy road and it can be insane, but it's also sometimes the most efficient route for somebody's delivery. You can't therefor have somebody left to the mercy of a free-for-all route just because "it got too busy and we gave up".

At the other end, the game isn't supposed to be easy. It's a simulation, and collisions happen in simulation games. Turning those off would take away from that challenge, and with the clipping issues, you find people would be frequently striking the barriers on the edge of the roads, because they can't see a thing that's going on. It wouldn't benefit anybody.

Alas, I don't think we're too far away from the right tactics right now. Moderators do their best to keep the calm up, but when they can't be there, we as community members should be vigilant and be willing to submit reports against those who deliberately try to ruin it for others.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

56 minutes ago, PaddyJackson said:

Yes, it's a busy road and it can be insane, but it's also sometimes the most efficient route for somebody's delivery.

How can a jammed and full of crazy drivers 2 ways road be the most efficient route when there are highways from the same origin to the same destination that only add a few Km to the run? People go there because they want, not because they need to. Some, to cause chaos, some others, to laugh at that chaos and clearly, some others to complain about that chaos. I just checked, teleported to Calais garage, set Duisburg as destination and guess what? The GPS tells me to go South, on the highway, going near Lille, Liege and Cologne. Total distance 556 Km. Changed the route so it would use the infamous "death road", total distance 491 Km. 65 Km extra, but almost always on 2-3 lanes highways. If you respect the speed limits, 50% of the C-D road is 80Km/h, another 50% is 60 Km/h, on the highways it's 90-80 Km/h. And a lot more unlikely to find jams and trolls. So even being 65 Km longer, it's also faster and safer.

1 hour ago, ScobraBR said:

I don't think you understand, I'll try to be more direct. what I’m asking for is for you to add another adm or moderator and keep him walking around the map. only that.

Whatever. I give up.

2 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

How can a jammed and full of crazy drivers 2 ways road be the most efficient route when there are highways from the same origin to the same destination that only add a few Km to the run?

It can't be, but the crucial factor here is that you're taking the stance that this is the norm. I contest that stance, saying we shouldn't give up on fixing the issues on that route just because it's a problem atm. Yes, I get that sometimes people go out of their way to use it, and that's a problem, but we should still try our best to make it viable for people.

Paddy

TMP Former Events Team

Simple solution. Either close the road off for good or divert them all into the sea, the road is popular for the wrong reason. And having one mod there wouldn't be enough to begin with

41 minutes ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

Simple solution. Either close the road off for good or divert them all into the sea, the road is popular for the wrong reason. And having one mod there wouldn't be enough to begin with

I don't think that is a great idea because a lot of players just play truckersMP for the CD-road especially. So I think if they close it, a lot less people will play MP. It's something that MP stands for.

1 hour ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

Solução simples. Feche a estrada para sempre ou desvie todos para o mar, a estrada é popular pelo motivo errado. E ter um mod não seria suficiente para começar

?? it's not about closing the CD, it's just having one more moderator moving around the entire map. the day, time and duration is at the discretion of the availability of each moderator. They are not being forced to do this, but a request, because there is not only the CD route, but other routes.

?? não se trata dec fechar a CD e sim de apenas ter mais um moderador se movendo pelo mapa inteiro. o dia, o horário e a duração fica a criterio da disponibilidade de cada moderador. Eles não estão sendo obrigados a fazer isso e sim um pedido, porque não existe somente a rota CD e sim outras rotas.

5 hours ago, ScobraBR said:

?? Understand. Look, you could open up vacancies for that. I would love to be able to help with that. There could be a special car for this type of employee. Still thanks for your attention and explanation.

?? Entendi. Olha você poderia abrir vagas para isso. Eu adoraria poder ajudar nisso. Podia haver um carro especial para esse tipo de colaborador. Mesmo assim obrigado pela sua atenção e explicação.

But we cant just get more people. In order to be a moderator you have to go through a long training period before we can let you on the servers as a moderator. So we cant just have someone look at other roads just cause they want to. Everyones life changes from time to time. So someone we would have to do that might one month later not be able to do that any more. Since we dont pay people a normal salary to moderate we cant require people to be at specific places at specific hours. Cause no one can do that at all times. If we paid people to do this we could of cause require moderators to be specific hours and work specific places but we dont pay anyone. Everyone is here voluntary so we cant require people to spent x amount of time in game at certain hours. So it wont matter that you would love to help with that. It would require x amount of training that you dont have at the moment. You could of cause apply the next time we open up recruitment for moderators if you want :)

1 hour ago, MrSirViking said:

But we cant just get more people. In order to be a moderator you have to go through a long training period before we can let you on the servers as a moderator. So we cant just have someone look at other roads just cause they want to. Everyones life changes from time to time. So someone we would have to do that might one month later not be able to do that any more. Since we dont pay people a normal salary to moderate we cant require people to be at specific places at specific hours. Cause no one can do that at all times. If we paid people to do this we could of cause require moderators to be specific hours and work specific places but we dont pay anyone. Everyone is here voluntary so we cant require people to spent x amount of time in game at certain hours. So it wont matter that you would love to help with that. It would require x amount of training that you dont have at the moment. You could of cause apply the next time we open up recruitment for moderators if you want :)

To add to this point, even if you did have the moderators to be able to achieve this, watching 1 road constantly for any length of time can be extremely laborious and it's not fair to Game Moderators to have to sit and watch one piece of road for a prolonged period of time. Life guards do this at pools and get paid a significant amount of money to sit through the boredom. The same isn't true here; it never could be. We can't therefor expect volunteers to watch their hours tick by while they look at the C-D road for ages just because somebody might commit an offence.

Paddy

TMP Former Events Team

8 hours ago, arnevdd2001 said:

I don't think that is a great idea because a lot of players just play truckersMP for the CD-road especially. So I think if they close it, a lot less people will play MP. It's something that MP stands for.

With all due respect but this is the most idiotic excuse I've even read. 

You players need to sort your heads out lol MP doesn't stand for C-D it never did, why do you guys think there is an entire map of Europe? The developer didn't just create MP just so people can drive on C-D and so what if players start leaving the game? There will be less load on the admins/mods, a lot less trolls if that is the case and it is like I keep on saying you players live on that road just to look for trouble or an excuse to be kicked or banned.

Start using your heads if you have the common sense and go elsewhere like.

2 hours ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

With all due respect but this is the most idiotic excuse I've even read. 

You players need to sort your heads out lol MP doesn't stand for C-D it never did, why do you guys think there is an entire map of Europe? The developer didn't just create MP just so people can drive on C-D and so what if players start leaving the game? There will be less load on the admins/mods, a lot less trolls if that is the case and it is like I keep on saying you players live on that road just to look for trouble or an excuse to be kicked or banned.

Start using your heads if you have the common sense and go elsewhere like.

Okay maybe it isn't, but it's still an important part of the map which you can't close from today to tomorrow. And I think when developers see the amount of players going down, they would be less motivated to keep MP running. On this story you have 2 sides. We need to find the best parts of the both sides and combine them. But that is the difficult part...

It's at your own risk to drive on the CD road.

Users go on it if they want too.

There are plenty of other roads to go on, and exploring the map. Some people intentionally drive there just like myself to watch all the accidents and just drive there for a while with friends.

The Staff team do a good job of reports and stuff. Remember that it is voluntary.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:27 PM, ScobraBR said:

they can take turns within the organization between them on alternate days and times, once a week or twice because During the trip off the CD route, many wrong things happen and I think it would be good to patrol in addition to the CD route, which I am suggesting and I don't know if I was clear is just to put one more moderator to run other highways on the map.

Personally, I think it would be pretty easy to police the Sim servers better.. The devs can force the game into whatever configuration they want to, so why not force the traffic penalties, and up the infraction costs? if you wreck somebody and it costs you $100K and you can't turn it off, it would do surprising things toward making people care about how they drive... if a speeding ticket or red light violation costs $10K for each occurrence, it will slow traffic down... 

Change the Arcade server to "RACE" and allow crashes, and then the racers can go knock themselves out.. but make the Sim server a true simulation, forcing drivers to obey traffic laws, etc. and the problems would start to sort themselves out... The problem exists because there is hardly any enforcement in a server where the rules of the road don't matter anyway, because you can turn off the penalties for ignoring them.. 

Archived