[POLL] How long have you played multiplayer, and how have you changed as a person / player in that time!

Matt [] Truckers.FM

[POLL] How long have you played multiplayer, and how have you changed as a person / player in that time!  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you played multiplayer, and how have you changed as a person / player in that time!

• Since 2014!
    • Just started MP today!

I've been playing ETS2MP since 2018.

Have I changed as a person? No; my actions and driving habits in the game come from my skills and experience of driving in real life, not the other way around. I don't think I've changed as a player either.

I've been a member of TruckersMP since the summer of 2016! 

I feel I've changed as a driver as during this time playing the time, I got my first steering wheel and it helped me with driving so much ?
As I've spent more time on TMP, I've learnt more and more about the community and I really enjoy the atmosphere here.

yo

I joined TMP late 2018 as i was watching ETS2 Funny Moments and i wanted to experience this. I convinced a couple friends to get it and we’ve played it and had a bit of fun

When I’ve received a steering wheel (G27) it changed, i joined amazing VTC’s and really enjoyed the game with Other VTC Drivers.

“???????? ??? ??? ???? ?????, ???? ??? ??????????”

klMaegY.png DQtI0ZF.png

|| TruckersMP || Steam || Twitch || YouTube ||

I can say that the game makes me more patient. I used to yell and blame the player that hit me or troll the game but now, ı am just waiting for them to go away or I record them for report. I think this is a very huge development for me and I want to thank all the trolls just because they turned me into a player which I should suppose to be  ?

spacer.png

Started with the original Euro Truck Simulator 1 way back. Been playing ETS2 since autumn 2014, back when Rotterdam was the go to, and we didn't have all this fancy rec/report and autokick stuff. Who doesn't like queuing for up to 1 hour to get to Europort with wrong way drivers abound because I don't think there were admins or bans back then lol

Still remembered when Scandinavian extension first came out and how it busy it was there, now a days you have a higher chance of encountering a ghost on those roads than another trucker. 

Even though I'm a Canadian/Hong Konger, I was first starting to learn to drive when I was living in mainland China at that time. Uncivilised, stupid, and discourteous is sugar coating how I drove back then. Then I moved backed to Canada and then ETS2 got released, got more mellowed out over the years., but not before I went through 3 pairs of horns on my new car because I was using it so much.

Starting in around 2015, started to adopt and took a fancying back to Japanese culture (had one since primary school, but repressed it for a long while). Past few years, my driving became a lot more defensive (never been in an at-fault accident), and I consider myself more courteous. These days I give a thank you hazard to everyone, and dim my headlights whilst waiting at a red light or a long line of stationery traffic. These days in game and in real life I basically never use the horn, except as a thank you, or when if a crash is imminent if the offending driver does not take corrective action, if I can brake or avoid the collision with my own action then I don't use the horn. So even in game and real life if I can brake in time or easily go around you I just do. The old me would've honked to express my displeasure, not braked and stood my ground, and go rec/report. Honking makes you angry and agitated I find.

Also, I'm actually now living and drive in Japan and basically never hear honking, except for small toots as thank you, and taxi drivers in the downtown area scaring drunk pedestrians back onto the walkway at night. 

Started with the original Euro Truck Simulator 1 way back. Been playing ETS2 since autumn 2014, back when Rotterdam was the go to, and we didn't have all this fancy rec/report and autokick stuff. Who doesn't like queuing for up to 1 hour to get to Europort with wrong way drivers abound because I don't think there were admins or bans back then lol

Still remembered when Scandinavian extension first came out and how it busy it was there, now a days you have a higher chance of encountering a ghost on those roads than another trucker. 

Even though I'm a Canadian/Hong Konger, I was first starting to learn to drive when I was living in mainland China at that time. Uncivilised, stupid, and discourteous is sugar coating how I drove back then. Then I moved backed to Canada and then ETS2 got released, got more mellowed out over the years., but not before I went through 3 pairs of horns on my new car because I was using it so much.

Starting in around 2015, started to adopt and took a fancying back to Japanese culture (had one since primary school, but repressed it for a long while). Past few years, my driving became a lot more defensive (never been in an at-fault accident), and I consider myself more courteous. These days I give a thank you hazard to everyone (back then if I see a gap I consider it mine for taking and ignore how I may have inconvenienced other drivers), and dim my headlights whilst waiting at a red light or a long line of stationery traffic. These days in game and in real life I basically never use the horn, except as a thank you, or when if a crash is imminent if the offending driver does not take corrective action, if I can brake or avoid the collision with my own action then I don't use the horn. So even in game and real life if I can brake in time or easily go around you I just do. The old me would've honked to express my displeasure, not braked and stood my ground, and go rec/report. Honking makes you angry and agitated I find.

Also, I'm actually now living and drive in Japan and basically never hear honking, except for small toots as thank you, and taxi drivers in the downtown area scaring drunk pedestrians back onto the walkway at night. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been around since the very start. I've never been an intentionally reckless driver so I'd say the only thing that's really changed is now I'm forced to be less of a speed demon..... due to the forced speed limit + now that I'm doing VTC work which generally only counts "real miles/km".... which means traveling the speed limit anyway.

Another thing that's changed about me, for better or for worse, is that I report less players. My tolerance for bad driving is a bit higher than it once was, I only report the truly blatant stuff now. Granted, part of that is because nobody monitors in-game reports anymore. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @tfm_matt,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived