Is there a route like Calais - Duisburg from ETS2 but on ATS?

Mauricio V.

No. ATS players don't have that sort of mentality. The massive majority of ATS players are, think and behave the complete opposite of ETS2 players and find it way more fun to explore the whole map, including DLC states and also find it a lot more fun to find people everywhere they go instead of only in the exact same tiny part of the map as if that is all there is to see in the whole game. And they are absolutely right in doing so. You don't make the game more vivid by crowding the exact same one place. You make it more vivid by exploring the entirety of the available maps. By doing that, there will always be someone anywhere you go. That is what makes the game more "vivid". And that is why, even when the ATS servers have few players online, you'll always find someone mostly anywhere you go. Unlike on ETS2.

I've been playing and moderating both games for a very long time, now. Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

There was a couple times that I remember and that's the big sur event back in 2018, it was an scs event (https://blog.scssoft.com/2018/06/operation-big-sur-starting.html). There were hundreds of players on that road at all times on both sides of the landslide. It was so bad that truckersmp had to edit the map to make the road connection between the 2 sides of the landslide wider, fitting 2 people in the original scs road was very hard. The next one was when Washington DLC came out mid 2019 there's a dirt road near Bellingham and there was 40-50 players on it at peak times. It stayed alive for maybe 1-2 months and it slowly died down to just 15-20 players max. There's usually not a permanent CD road in ATS and typically only happens if scs does an event in a certain area of the map or if any dlcs come out.

Hope futuer new map DLC Colorado, that new "Death road"?

background.jpg

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

Back in the early days of ATSMP there was an intersection near Oxnard, CA that would get very crowded.  You were pretty much guaranteed to sit in a traffic jam if you went that way. This was back when we only had CA and NV (maybe AZ too, I don't remember).  That intersection has since been reworked by SCS and isn't a bottleneck anymore.

The only reason that area would get congested was because the GPS would route people through an extremely narrow tiny side road that crosses the main road and people would always get stuck, and therefore blocking traffic which would result in a traffic jam. Once people learned the route and that they didn't have to follow the GPS through that side road, that stopped happening. The intersection itself hasn't been changed.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

@Mike Dragon I respectfully disagree.  The entire Oxnard area was reworked for the map rescaling in ver. 1.5.  That intersection is totally different.  It has a stoplight, turn lanes, and in fact is a short distance north of its original location relative to the city of Oxnard.

https://blog.scssoft.com/2016/12/ats-world-rescale-is-released-in-update.html

I think @Mike Dragon is right, but I think that the reason he's right also makes for an interesting conversation.

I've always thought, given the typical usage of ETS2 and ATS, that while they both provide the same goal — trucking around a given continent/country — that each game serves a very different purpose. ETS2 absolutely has the exploration value in it, but you find that people will enjoy customizing their trucks, and showing them off. This isn't the same in ATS, partially because the level of customization isn't available, but I've also found that the landscape in ATS is also more breathtaking everywhere you go, as opposed to the more grind-based nature of ETS2.

Alas, I don't think ATS has a C-D road like ETS2, but the reason isn't because it just doesn't happen to exist, but more because people are going off to explore; an experience more tangible in ATS than in ETS2.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

3 hours ago, HAR_Sabre said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but the entire area is changed and that particular intersection is most certainly not there anymore...

https://imgur.com/a/0Wi9aSI

Those are not the same locations. That intersection is there and untouched. You just haven't been there yourself after the rescale. The area has ceased being called Oxnard and was moved further north, past Santa Maria and is now just part of the road, while the actual Oxnard town was added.

See for yourself:

UMr1Fpi.jpg

dTfjWHB.jpg

aAQfUkD.jpg

There it is. The "Oxnard" intersection remains, to this day, completely untouched. If you don't believe me, go there and see for yourself.

GP53e75.jpg

event Big Sur was traffic jam

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

Noticed higher levels of traffic generally around Phoenix, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Part of the reason could lie in the fact that not every ATS player has all the DLC for the game I'm guessing. Personally I'm much on board with what's said previously, just drive places all over the map and not focus on congested areas. 

On 4/24/2020 at 9:41 AM, Granite said:

I think C-D route would be much more vivid, if there were some roundabouts ... like several dozens small, narrow roundabouts with something nice in the middle, like some bushes, flowers or some art,

since TMP is now doing map edits to this area, this isn't unrealistic idea, eh?

Yeah I noticed by the motorway between Brussels and Rotterdam they added the farms in 

8 hours ago, learvlieg said:

Noticed higher levels of traffic generally around Phoenix, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Part of the reason could lie in the fact that not every ATS player has all the DLC for the game I'm guessing. Personally I'm much on board with what's said previously, just drive places all over the map and not focus on congested areas. 

Probably everyone being on lockdown have a lot more time to play 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 1:15 AM, Mike Dragon said:

No. ATS players don't have that sort of mentality. The massive majority of ATS players are, think and behave the complete opposite of ETS2 players and find it way more fun to explore the whole map, including DLC states and also find it a lot more fun to find people everywhere they go instead of only in the exact same tiny part of the map as if that is all there is to see in the whole game. And they are absolutely right in doing so. You don't make the game more vivid by crowding the exact same one place. You make it more vivid by exploring the entirety of the available maps. By doing that, there will always be someone anywhere you go. That is what makes the game more "vivid". And that is why, even when the ATS servers have few players online, you'll always find someone mostly anywhere you go. Unlike on ETS2.

I've been playing and moderating both games for a very long time, now. Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

Couldn't agree with you more.. Not that anyone's doing it 'wrong', but the US and Europe differ in so many ways, speaking of the general sort of 'way of life'.  I wouldn't have thought that people pack together on the ETS2 server(s).. Personally, if I were to have/play ETS2, I'd probably do the same thing I do on ATS: Let the system show me the random jobs, and I choose them based on where I'd like to go, rather than where everyone else is.  I'm happy to join a convoy, or lead one and I often radio other drivers nearby to ask if anyone is headed the same direction I'm about to go, and offer to ride with them.. Other than that, It's not that I want to explore every road on the map.. but I do want to see the majority of the states I have available (all of them as of now) and compare it to what I myself have seen driving through there.  I'm impressed, overall.. I think it's quite well done.  But yes, I guess the way Americans approach trucking (especially those that don't know the actual lifestyle) is different than Europeans.  We don't have countries to go through, and very few ferries are needed to get to all points.  American trucking is usually pretty lonely.  Truckers park at truck lots for their required rest periods, and then coordinate with other truckers in the area and break up into groups that convoy in whichever direction they're going in..  There are so many cities, spread out over so much area, all needing supplies from wherever.. that trucks are literally seen everywhere you go in America.  You can't drive for 30 minutes anywhere pretty much, without seeing a semi-rig.  I think with all the extra driving between points being removed, and the random frequency you see other trucks, rolling alone themselves, no matter where you are.. is like an EXACT feeling/representation of what driving in America is like.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:57 PM, learvlieg said:

Yeah... maybe it's the lack of the DLC states, that the Phoenix/Vegas area is busiest.. It's essentially smack in the middle of the map.  I would have thought Los Angeles would be quite busy but was surprised to see that it is not.

One thought I have on that, I don't know if I'm going off topic here, but I've noticed that if I'm missing certain DLC, I sometimes see trucks either rolling empty in the middle of nowhere, or with a trailer that has nothing on it.  My friend said that he couldn't see half the cargo loads I was pulling when we were convoying together, presumably because he's missing one of the DLC I have.  I would have thought that all of those graphics would be available to other players, just not the ability to use them.... which I would think would drive up the desire to get the packs.. Is that just not something that's possible without the DLC? Thoughts?

On 4/27/2020 at 4:55 AM, THE ROCK - PT said:

You could find alot players when the washington got release were you could get lumber from one specific company at the top of a montain , not sure if gets crowed anymore.

it doesn't get crowded anymore. probably because people just drove it to death or think they conquered it by doing some random challenge they came up with. like recently in singleplayer i went up the logging road with double heavy haul trailers. it was very hard to do but i felt great when i finally completed it.

22 hours ago, garsenault said:

Sadly, I don’t play ATS MP unless there is an official convoy, because there aren’t any hotspots unlike ETS2 MP with the C-D road. If there was a very popular route I would play MP on ATS.

To be fair there are some busy routes. Granted not as busy as ETS but the highways 5 & 10 get prtty crowded esp for Phoneix to LA. i usually see another Driver evry other 10 miles or so.

Archived