Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Honking or flashing?

Lundqvistbro

I'll copy and paste my answer from a similar thread : 

Reasons I personally flash my lights
- If I don't feel like honking and just want to say hello as I drive by
- When someone who overtakes me is clear to pull back into my lane
- Lots of crazy flashing if there are trucks coming up to a wreck in the oncoming lane
- To tell a player that I'm letting them pull out in front of me (out of a delivery company, or intersection, for example)

I also tend to stick to some methods to signal other things for example
- Beacon : When I'm carrying weight that my current truck isn't handling well, therefor I will be slow to come up to speed
- Right Signal + Driving (or left signal if in England) on shoulder/apron : When I intend on giving a player extra room to overtake me (usually if I notice they are a bit swirly or dangerous driving)
- CB Radio : Sometimes I use this to express any of the above, although usually I use it just if I'm bored and want to have a short chat with nearby players. (I only speak English though so I run into a lot of language barrier)

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

I use my air horn to greet people and I flash my lights back at anyone who flashes at me, I like to think that flashing lights is their way of greeting. And for the regular horn, I typically use them when someone is reckless in-front of my vehicle causing any potential mishap (eg. cutting me off at high speeds, blocking traffic, switching lanes unnecessarily, driving in the wrong direction etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

I would consider myself an avid user of the horn.

/ --- - //       Achievement Get!

/ -- -- //        Locating the Forums

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾                                                         

Interestingly with the new 1.37 update, if there are a lot of players in a nearby area, the horn will not work. This is due to the limitations FMOD has (how many sounds are processed at once). It could very well be that people being unable to honk will start using their lights, and that is infact what I have been doing now, considering that the Genoa area is absolutely packed full of trucks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 2:02 AM, [VIVA] Daniboi said:

Interestingly with the new 1.37 update, if there are a lot of players in a nearby area, the horn will not work. This is due to the limitations FMOD has (how many sounds are processed at once).

Honestly I'm glad for that.  Hearing endless honking, especially on a blocked road, by impatient players or kids would just be annoying.

I would usually only sound off the air horns if people used them towards me as a way to say 'hey' when passing on the roads, but the F-MOD issues have stopped this. I am still torn if this is a good or bad thing, so now I flash my lights. Not as many players seem to recognise this as a greeting, sadly!

All the best;

RB. 

With the current horn bugs making the horn extremely unreliable, I will rapidly flash the high beams to warn other road users. I no longer attempt to use the horn because it is so unreliable. 

For instance, when overtaking a group of people, someone was veering into my lane, but luckily they saw the high beam flash and returned to their lane. Usually, I would have used the horn, but it frequently doesn't work and that doesn't instill confidence for something that can be used as a genuine safety tool. 

Regards, 

Quality_Productions 

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Lundqvistbro!

Your topic has been inactive for over 14 days.

Because of that I'll close it and move it to Archive.

If you'll feel that you want this topic to be opened again, don't hesitate to contact Community Moderator.

Best Regards,

arusf2011 [PL/EN]

Community Moderator & Translator

Locked & Moved to Archive

Archived