What kind of trucker are ya?

Matt [] Truckers.FM

In my aim to get to know the community better, i want to know what kind of trucker you are! I'll do these bi-weekly or something.

I'll start off with this one then,

When you create a truck how long do you spend doing it? Do you spend 10s upon 10s of minutes tweaking it to be just right? Go for the most expensive in each category? Try to be realistic? C H R O M E ? Also, If you're the keen photographer, I'd LOVE to see some pics of your trucks, if you have them that is.

I, Myself am not that good at ETS2 photography so.... ?

Anyway, hit me with your answers,

Matt

11 minutes ago, CiaranOg78 said:

If im creating a 4x2 (preferably a Scania) go all out and give it the nines as it will be used for events as well as jobs so presentation matters however any truck with a bigger chassis l go for a more basic look as it will only be used for jobs.

Nice, Yeah presentability is key I dig that!

7 minutes ago, poland.ball said:

Stock Skoda Driver.

The acceleration is key - nyoooooooooooom

7 minutes ago, PandaSimTv said:

I will spend a lot of time on refitting because I want it to be unique xd

Stand out from the crowd, I like it!

My relationship when I set up a truck, is a mix between: Elegance-simplicity-Function. In addition to trying to make it look unique and special among all other players so that they can be more different; in addition to not putting a thousand lights or beacons, or many bars as that makes some trucks look strange. For example this Actros :)

spacer.png

I am someone who tries to make 100% realism, but also considering that this is a game, so I try to have a little fun in addition to interacting with other players; and as for the relationship of my trucks it is merely a relationship in which I practice it and the aesthetics go hand in hand, of course the latter is never in excess as, according to me, a truck with a lot of everything is not very realistic to say.

On 4/23/2020 at 5:34 PM, tfm_matt said:

When you create a truck how long do you spend doing it? Do you spend 10s upon 10s of minutes tweaking it to be just right?

If I have the money and the level - yes. I'll make it look and perform perfectly before "Hit the road, Jack!", whether it's single or multiplayer.

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

build mine pretty close to as realistic as possible, albeit realistic owner/op style with lots of customizations... typically spend 30 mins to an hour building my trucks, depending on the complexity of the truck.

https://worldoftrucks.com/en/image/00000000004AF910?back=%2Fen%2Fprofile%2F759156

https://worldoftrucks.com/en/image/00000000004F6E17?back=%2Fen%2Fprofile%2F759156

• 2 weeks later...

For my trucks — I always do a single colour paintjob as I like simplicity

Add some beacons, air horn, lights at the front with a bull bar, a name tag on the passenger side so it doesn’t obstruct my view in cam 1

The inside of my cabin is almost unmodified, as I like the inside to be very clean and not busy 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @tfm_matt,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived