High Beams

Nomad.

Just want to point out that this isn't an attack on anyone this is just for conversational purposes. 

When you are driving on TMP at night with your high beams on and see another driver coming towards you do you turn your high beams off until the driver has passed or keep them on? For me personally l would turn them off to simulate real life driving and for good etiquette so that l am not blinding the passing driver.

I always turn off my lights when another player comes in the opposite direction so that I can't charm the other player and generate a bigger accident; Also me personally annoys me when someone comes with the high lights as it's very annoying because it detracts from visibility to the route and you don't see if someone comes straight ahead or there's something on the road.

i don't get blinded by the high beam lights so it does not bother me when others leave them on but i always turn mine off when passing someone or come into an area with street light poles 

Sometimes I have done similar to what the OP explained. Especially with Spring Mod, the skies are darker at night so I can't really see the road ahead. I tend to turn on the high beams and if a player approaches, I'll turn to turn them off until they pass as it's just another way to simulate real life driving which I think is pretty neat. 

On the other hand, sometimes I don't use high beams at all though!

yo

when I play ETS I do use my high beams and do turn them off when I see some one approach, the ones that are annoying are the ones that use the extra lights on the light bars and forget to turn off their high beams when they have the lights on the light bar attached to the high beams. I do have the lights on my truck, but I use them as decorations instead of having them active with the high beams. I like the looks but don't need them to see when the truck has good high beams.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @CiaranOg78,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived