Auto Kick A Player For Crossing A Red Light Discussion

Zoom01

Auto Kick A Player For Crossing A Red Light Discussion  

332 members have voted

1. 1. I vote to be auto kicked from the server for crossing a red light

4 minutes ago, Zoom01 said:

You report the player and a bigger punishment will be applied

You report the player and a bigger punishment will be applied it at all its supported in the rule sections 

so the original purpose was to take stress of of the game moderators, so instead. not only will this do the complete opposite, itll mean that reports will pile up massively on the forums. (im already at 4 reports without something like this, i can tell you id have hit my limit of 10 in the first day if this was the case)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mr Lispy said:

so the original purpose was to take stress of of the game moderators, so instead. not only will this do the complete opposite, itll mean that reports will pile up massively on the forums. (im already at 4 reports without something like this, i can tell you id have hit my limit of 10 in the first day if this was the case)

If players get accustomed to this rule . A few will try this attempt because they will have understood the consequences 

Just now, Zoom01 said:

If players get accustomed to this rule . A few will try this attempt because they will have understood the consequences 

this is very flawed logic. if this was the case, then no one want break the rules currently since TMP has been out for years.

you're missing the fact that people are flawed in general and dont care. they wont get "accustomed" to the rule, they'll still ram. especially knowing the fact theyll get someone kicked.

Voted no, there are some traffic lights in the game it just doesn't make sense to stop at.

1. T junction where one of the connections is blocked off in the map. (hence a straight or corner)

2. Crossroad where one of the roads is blocked on both sides (hence a straight)

3. Road construction where one lane is closed. 100m of one way and you can clearly see no one else is coming.

Probably 50% of the traffic lights are like this, without the AI traffic, there is no reason to wait at red lights.

Maybe the devs could make a list of traffic lights that are dangerous to cross at red, but that still leaves problems.

Some traffic lights charge to red without warning, there is no yellow before.

Plus trucks don't stop quickly, so it doesn't take long to run a red simply because it just changed.

23 hours ago, -Mr.Blackout- said:

Can u explain, why it should help the Game Moderators ?

Kind regards

-Blacko-

I would agree with your opinion.

Adding an automatic kick at each traffic light would be really too much of an exaggeration.

The game is based on realism, but sometimes it is also the case that traffic lights outside the heavy traffic show red light, which is why many players shorten the waiting time after making sure that they do not endanger anyone through their driving behavior.

Of course there are also players who don't make sure and just drive over it, but you can't compare them all together.

What do you think ?

Regards

-Blacko-

Hello -Blacko-
Yes, that is exactly, what i'm thinking. Just in expanded text. :) But people, who are not sure yet, shouldn't go inside MP, but this is something, what you really can't to look after.
For example "Flight Simulator" is really more complex for playing, therefore the is low amout of kids or inexperienced people. Anyway, Skoda Superb can drive every kid on "arrows" and devastate gameplay for normal people.

Thank you for reply and have nice day.
Bye

On 4/22/2020 at 6:06 PM, Vyorel said:

The point? Maybe because is a SIMULATOR ??

The TruckersMP team have to strike a sensible balance between realism and fun. Too much realism and it no longer becomes fun for the majority of players; too little and it becomes an arcade game like NFS. Given that the game punishes you for running red lights (provided you have it enabled), there doesn't seem to be a real reason to enforce such a rule from a moderation or development point of view because like I said, the vast majority of traffic lights exist outside the densely populated areas and would make it unnecessary and annoying having to stop knowing there's no one else around.

Personally, I would introduce a "traffic light violation" counter. After 10 red-light offences in densely trafficked areas, there is a kick and a one-hour suspension. In the non-densely trafficked areas, this counter would be turned off.

If it would be introduced like this, I would like to vote for "YES"

On 4/23/2020 at 7:15 AM, fabricator77 said:

Voted no, there are some traffic lights in the game it just doesn't make sense to stop at.

1. T junction where one of the connections is blocked off in the map. (hence a straight or corner)

2. Crossroad where one of the roads is blocked on both sides (hence a straight)

3. Road construction where one lane is closed. 100m of one way and you can clearly see no one else is coming.

Probably 50% of the traffic lights are like this, without the AI traffic, there is no reason to wait at red lights.

Maybe the devs could make a list of traffic lights that are dangerous to cross at red, but that still leaves problems.

Some traffic lights charge to red without warning, there is no yellow before.

Plus trucks don't stop quickly, so it doesn't take long to run a red simply because it just changed.

This and the fact that a couple of the trucks in ATS (W9 and 389) have hoods that are about 10 feet long and it can be hard to judge a stop line exactly.

10 hours ago, lucvanhard said:

Personally, I would introduce a "traffic light violation" counter. After 10 red-light offences in densely trafficked areas, there is a kick and a one-hour suspension. In the non-densely trafficked areas, this counter would be turned off.

If it would be introduced like this, I would like to vote for "YES"

This would be best case if this change is implemented.  I do stop at lights/signs with traffic around, but if it's clear or the traffic is so far away that I could be through BEFORE they arrive, I go.

I get your frustration over people doing this but it's a bad idea to add this for a few reasons:

• Yellow lights are way too short in ETS2 and if you're already committed to going into the intersection and have no time to brake but the light turns red right before going into it that's a stupid way to get kicked. It can be dangerous to brake like that in real life if a light turns yellow and you're already really close to the intersection and you can risk getting rear ended. Since the lights are too short it's better to run the light than slam the brakes if you're already too close to the intersection.
  • Lag can make the light turn red instantly without warning in congested areas.
  • In non congested areas it sucks to have to wait at a light when there's less than 10 people in the city and no one's around there's no point in waiting at it I run them all the time. Also when there's those 4 way intersections where 2 ways are blocked off there's no point in waiting either even if there are players around your paths aren't going to cross anywhere.
  • As people have said above people can ram other players into the intersection and get them kicked.

I honestly do not think this a good idea. People will get so sick and tired of hitting every light, that they'll loose interest in MP and go to single player. Yes I know it's simulation. But you can only do so much with it. ETS2 larger servers like 1 and 2 I stop. ATS and US servers, are generally pretty quiet. So no one's around. Run it. Especially those with VTCs on Trucksbook, where miles are really important. 

People that stream and people in general. Can get caught up in chat, etc may roll that red light on accident, then get kicked. They'll only log back in so many times before they go to single player. Then there goes your free advertising. At minimum myself probably help 5 a week get into MP.

Light turns red halfway through, player gets kicked, because here you can still roll through if you are close enough on yellow. Getting kicked for that would be awfully frustrating. Coming through town, light turns, you hit the brakes, still roll through, get kicked. That would suck. Or someone rearend you while there, shoving you into the intersection, get kicked. Not good. Could increase troll issues within cities as well with them knowing this. And frankly you just don't have enough game mods for ATS or even to cover a good 24hour span to deal with these issues (Willing to help with that) to prevent it.

I have more examples. Right on red, etc. But don't do it. You'll slowly empty out your servers, even of the good players. More people just need to be defensive drivers. Pay attention to surroundings. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Zoom01,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived