Auto Kick A Player For Crossing A Red Light Discussion

Zoom01

Auto Kick A Player For Crossing A Red Light Discussion  

332 members have voted

1. 1. I vote to be auto kicked from the server for crossing a red light

For places such as Calais, Duisburg or Rotterdam this idea works. Personally, in busy places I will always wait for the green light. But also imagine you are driving a late night journey somwhere around the Baltic or the Black Seas and it is only you, that makes the rule pointless.

Despite this idea works in the western side, I would vote NO because that would affect the rest of the map. 

All the best!

76561198156582963.png  SWqV0hg.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we need to be automatically kicked out of the server when we go through the red light. It would be useless and absurd to pass and kick in the red light without anyone on the road. If someone is already passing through the red light and hurting you, you can report that user. :) 

In my view it is NO, even though in highly crowded areas it is necessary [such as areas of Calais-Dusiburg-Kirkenes] as it takes a order on the routes to avoid accidents or problems related to bad driving manoeuvres; but if you're ONLY on a route with no one around [backed by the included console, or the same game map] would be quite boring and inefficient to be stopping by the red lights without anyone come in some other way. Also sometimes one thinks that he has time but changes quickly to red, there would also be kicked from the server??.

A system other than an automatic kick should be implemented, as there are many factors that influence whether or not one can skip a traffic light. could be a speed reduction system as it is done in other [big tourism] games in which for each violation the speed is limited for a while limited in which the offender is limited in its maximum speed, and only after a certain amount of infractions an automatic kick.

The problem with a lot of these ideas is that they seem to be based on how it will affect the busy areas, paying no mind to how it would affect everywhere else. The vast majority of the map isn't highly populated, and running a red light is perfectly safe to do because there's a really, really small chance of encountering another player at the same intersection at the same time. What would be the point of forcing people to stop for red lights in these areas when there's nothing around?

Wait, about red need to wait. Don't forget about (yellow) warning signal.
The following phenomena are often observed: when the green traffic light starts flashing, drivers at the intersection do not even try to reduce their speed and stop, but on the contrary - accelerate and hurry to enter the intersection. It’s not a bad thing to be able to enter an intersection with a green traffic light on. However, as a rule, 1-2 drivers are in a hurry to follow, who are already really entering the intersection with a yellow or red traffic light. 
A yellow traffic light prohibits traffic.. Thus, at a yellow traffic light, it is forbidden to enter the intersection, 

unless the driver is very close to the traffic light and could stop in front of the intersection only with abrupt braking, then he is allowed to continue.

Sooo. verdict ?> Need to think about yellow light. Red will wait.

I clicked (agree). 

nbfgnBO.png.26f9f4d3a1f9d61821a43f88fdf9d178.png

unnamed.jpg.55d4047c9dcbe611219a2c3ec1b4bc94.jpgunnamed.jpg.0495ca0f9adff9cf7ba22481955cb590.jpgunnamed.jpg.3a648e065beef5f1b50ba8b1d3f858a0.jpg
unnamed.jpg.5b70bce891435c23c3a847b6f0ea349c.jpgimg%5D795749874_role_VeteranV(1).webp.1f11a09e018b8aee9aca50975c2b58b2.webp
nbfgnBO.png.43bd36f6478743f4194401867211cf2f.png

Hello. It's a good idea. the traffic on the servers is barely tempered. Those who want and are fast enough have the Arcade server. I'm waiting for other strict rules for servers. I voted Yes because I want to play quietly without anyone cutting my way at the traffic light, as is usually the case. even if the vote comes out no, I want this new rule to be imposed on the busiest servers. all the best?

There are many traffic light controlled intersections, where there's only one way to go - Dresden and Berlin, along with Paris are such cities with such intersections. In most cases running red light on such intersection won't harm anyone, since there's no physical way that anyone could come from connections, which are blocked off. Also, have you thought about the issue of being hit from behind? With such system in place, imagine that you've stopped at the stop line waiting for green light, when you get sudden hit from behind, causing your truck to jump forward, crossing the mentioned stop line while the traffic light is still red. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

I think the answer is obviously "NO" forcing other users to play the mode of one, it seems unnecessary to me.
Imagine having to stop at the traffic lights in cities like Vilnius, Saint Petersburg where there are never any users connected.
In my case I only respect traffic lights only when I see that there are players nearby.

"I vote to be auto kicked from the server for crossing a red light"

I'd have to say a big no to this post...

One of the MANY reasons above is that half of the "red lights" arn't even necessary, mainly the ones that really dont do anything at a ONE WAY road thats blocked off on the other side..

pluse! If they bring in that auto kick thing it will make convoy life way more difficult....

I have some simple additional feature request if THIS will be applied in future:

> Just please ACTIVATE them only when other drivers appeared within distance, and delayed. Add "beeping notification sound" if there any new drivers around. So if we driving at bit hi speed and suddenly someone around, we still have time to brake. No beeping if more than 5 drivers getting closer.

> Quick re-login. Some users just always have problem with loading time and connection issue (especially for those faraway from servers like me). It's a HUGE TIME WASTING when u wanna login and must wait for queue, and suddenly kicked because passing red light that even did not showed red before because the queue 

I have more complex suggestion but nevermind... I choose NO because this rule needs additional feature to support with.

In my opinion this seems like a good idea but on the other hand I could see players mistakenly kicked for being rear ended across a red light. I think this system could come in to play if a player crashes into another player though, auto kick players for crashing into other trucks and or cars...Something like that will reduce the amount of trolls in game and make people think twice about keeping safe distances from laggy players. 

However this auto kick would work best in Calais, Duisburg and or Kirk. 

I dont think that this will change something up just people who drive 90+km/h would be needed to stop at red lights when noone is near them or on TAB and on arcade servers will be horiblem its better when tmp will change thier rules more to thr real traffic rules and add to them that they are mainly strict in high populated areas. From my perespective I drive 90+ and when Im near someone on TAB I drive likr I would be driving in real life but when noone is around me I dont stop for stop signs, red lights. So it would make no sence to go to bottom of Italy and stop for red lights when noone would be near me.

I don't know if possible to create a rule when crossing the red sign and crash on the next 3 seconds being banned for  2 days, I really vote yes on this. I really lost the account how many time I was hit because of that.

I think on this case should be a warning points, like I read on one of the comments. After 5 red signs on that session, being kicked from the server and lose the active job.

I agree we need to put more restricted rules on this game, I am getting annoyed to play the Multiplayer because I need to get loans just to fix my truck from crashes of irresponsible drivers and people who is just on the game to hit you. I report them all the time, but they seem to grow from the trees. I am trying to help the administrators kicking those guys out of the game, because is an amazing game and some trolls just ruin it.

Yes. Let's do some more restricted rules, but on this one I voted no. Being kicked just for one, I believe is too much, but 5, I believe is a fair amount of infractions to be kicked.

Suggestions for rules.

- Insurance. On one accident reported to the Administrators, the guilty one should pay the repairs, or a fee to the other player for the repairs. (if this is possible will be amazing)

Also the guilty should be banned for the game for an amount of time, depends the gravity of the accident. (I believe this is in place now)

- Red lights. Yes. 5/10 times on the session, kicked at lose the active job.

- Ramming players banned forever. They should play GTA or something similar, not ETS2. (tired of those guys)

Well, I think is enough. Don't want to put the game too restricted, but everyone should try not breaking the road rules as possible.

tel coming from behind must be very careful, especially at the entrance to intersections. It is true what you say but you should have some strict rules so you can play quietly and without too much damage. The one in the back is guilty in case of an accident. There are many criteria: speed on the road, compliance with the speed limit of the specific area, the distance between cars in which you can put the brake or make a maneuver to avoid in time, etc. these are just a few examples. Until we have some strict and severe rules for these children who believe in this game as an F1 circuit, we will not get rid of the so-called traffic inconveniences. 

At each intersection there is a speed limit. if a variable speed is observed in which you can brake it is good. But if the player does not follow the simple rule of slowing down at "traffic light" intersections, it is strictly his problem. we know that today in the big cities there are video cameras at almost every intersection. You went red, either you fine on the spot or you end up at home with a fine. drive carefully and responsibly. Kids, the only thing you've ever created was "PROBLEMS"

17 hours ago, roadrunner911 said:

For places such as Calais, Duisburg or Rotterdam this idea works. Personally, in busy places I will always wait for the green light. But also imagine you are driving a late night journey somwhere around the Baltic or the Black Seas and it is only you, that makes the rule pointless.

Despite this idea works in the western side, I would vote NO because that would affect the rest of the map. 

All the best!

But we need rules to be followed everywhere on the map or your suggesting every region on the map should have there own rules applied.

53 minutes ago, Kamil124 said:

Well what if you are going to fast and can't break in time? Did you think about that??

what can happen in the real world if you did that i took it into consideration because both games are simulators

23 hours ago, ppabli said:

And if for example someone hits you when you are waiting for the traffic light to turn green and because of the impact you cross the traffic light, the system will kick you out despite the fact that it is someone else's fault. The idea is not bad but the execution is too complex there are too many cases to control.

They get a longer ban if at all rules support this kind of behavior

23 hours ago, ppabli said:

And if for example someone hits you when you are waiting for the traffic light to turn green and because of the impact you cross the traffic light, the system will kick you out despite the fact that it is someone else's fault. The idea is not bad but the execution is too complex there are too many cases to control.

You report the player and a bigger punishment will be applied

22 hours ago, Mr Lispy said:

the amount it can be abused by far outweighs the usefulness of it.

Yes you could put it, for example, at the main intersection in Duisburg to remove trolls, but if people start ramming, a lot of innocent people get kicked
not only this, but even in the rules it says you can run a red light if there is no one around. therefor this could and would cause more issues then its worth, personally i vote no

You report the player and a bigger punishment will be applied it at all its supported in the rule sections 

2 hours ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

In my opinion this seems like a good idea but on the other hand I could see players mistakenly kicked for being rear ended across a red light. I think this system could come in to play if a player crashes into another player though, auto kick players for crashing into other trucks and or cars...Something like that will reduce the amount of trolls in game and make people think twice about keeping safe distances from laggy players. 

However this auto kick would work best in Calais, Duisburg and or Kirk. 

These players can be dealt with with bigger punishments i think. Its still ramming a player. 

Archived