Auto Kick A Player For Crossing A Red Light Discussion

Zoom01

Auto Kick A Player For Crossing A Red Light Discussion  

332 members have voted

1. 1. I vote to be auto kicked from the server for crossing a red light

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if for example someone hits you when you are waiting for the traffic light to turn green and because of the impact you cross the traffic light, the system will kick you out despite the fact that it is someone else's fault. The idea is not bad but the execution is too complex there are too many cases to control.

Hello Zoom01,

this is actually an really good Idea. That could Help the Game Administrators alot. So, my Answer is YES.

Greetings,

C H E E K I .

I like when people think in different ways to make the simulation more realistic, but I think enforcing people to drive like that, will make players bothered to such amount, that TMP will be a lonely place to drive afterwards.
I usually stop at red lights, but it's not something I always pay attention to, and when I do I get a ticket for doing it. I haven'y removed the ticket/fine system in the game, so I get tickets for speeding, crossing red signals, etc. That's my penalty in the game.

If people choose to run red lights I can't really be bothered.
Sure, if they ram other people, that's not cool, but to me the report system works well.
I've gotten several people kicked or banned from the game using that and I don't see any reason making it different from now on.

14 minutes ago, ppabli said:

And if for example someone hits you when you are waiting for the traffic light to turn green and because of the impact you cross the traffic light, the system will kick you out despite the fact that it is someone else's fault. The idea is not bad but the execution is too complex there are too many cases to control.

Fully agree, there are too many variables in this situation. I vote no. 

I have a rule system especially in my VTC. If there is a red light but no one else is around except us, run it and keep going if you choose to. But if there is anyone else around, even just one other driver, you must stop for red lights and stop signs and obey in game traffic laws. I don't see the harm in blowing a red light and continuing on if there is no one else around to hurt. Enforcing this rule will definitely make TruckersMP a very lonely place within 3 months. 

the amount it can be abused by far outweighs the usefulness of it.

Yes you could put it, for example, at the main intersection in Duisburg to remove trolls, but if people start ramming, a lot of innocent people get kicked
not only this, but even in the rules it says you can run a red light if there is no one around. therefor this could and would cause more issues then its worth, personally i vote no

1 hour ago, C H E E K I . said:

Hello Zoom01,

this is actually an really good Idea. That could Help the Game Administrators alot. So, my Answer is YES.

Greetings,

C H E E K I .

Can u explain, why it should help the Game Moderators ?

Kind regards

-Blacko-

38 minutes ago, LadikCZ said:

It is really good idea, but i would apply this only in busy areas. Then it will be very useful, how for drivers, for admins as well.
I vote "NO", but i would like to have it in game, where is it needed.

I would agree with your opinion.

Adding an automatic kick at each traffic light would be really too much of an exaggeration.

The game is based on realism, but sometimes it is also the case that traffic lights outside the heavy traffic show red light, which is why many players shorten the waiting time after making sure that they do not endanger anyone through their driving behavior.

Of course there are also players who don't make sure and just drive over it, but you can't compare them all together.

What do you think ?

Regards

-Blacko-

-Blacko-

Feel free to contact me via the private message system :)

11 minutes ago, Space Night said:

i would implement this ONLY in Calais, Duisburg and Kirkenes. 

I could agree with that. Having it only in Calais, Duisburg and Kirkenes is a good idea. 
However, it should not be implemented in every city. The rules states that you're allowed to cross red lights as long no one is nearby, and it should stay like that in my opinion.

As annoying as it is when players ignore the traffic lights i still voted no. The idea in theory sounds good especially for the congested cities. But it would most likely be abused by trolls or then you get kicked accidentally if you drive too far even with the intention of stopping. I dont see how this could work properly.

Id rather see an autokick feature for driving on the wrong side. Pretty much like the auto kick for not having headlights on in the night.

I don’t think this is necessary at all. You get banned if you cross red light and cause an accident. If you are by yourself in the middle of nowhere why would you be forced to stop at red lights? 

18 minutes ago, Space Night said:

i would implement this ONLY in Calais, Duisburg and Kirkenes. 

Yeah agreed but it’s not going to help in my opinion. People are just not the brightest bulb when it comes to high traffic areas and I don’t understand why lol

Gotta say NO

• You'll have players ramming other players through red lights on purpose or accident and get bans been sent out.
  • This would than cause more appeal for bans etc. going to Mod's causing them alot more work.
  • Also sometimes you just misjudge the braking power, as long as you dont hit people etc. no harm no foul right?
  • Another issue in ATS at least the red light system doesn't always work correctly i can be 2/3 of the way through with a heavy load and it'll give me a red light ticket so am banned for a system that doesn't always work right.

i don't think a system that aggressive should be put in place.

HOWEVER

You could install a warning/count system lets say you run 10 red lights in a 24hr period you get a ban could work, but its alot of work to due a system like that also people would no doubt try to find a way to abuse it so nawh not worth the time. 

I would prefer not due to several reasons:

Why yes:

It should reduce the amount of person coliding on intersections,

It would increase the realism of the game

Why no:

It will be difficult for convoys that are hosted on Sim2/3 since they have to stop at each traffic light,

Players will get bored after some time and quit,

Most VTC's have a rule stating that the driver can ignore the traffic light if ther is no other user on the tablist so the kick would kinda be unfair

Anyway, great that you have started this discussion!

Milo665 [BE]

Pries Logistics | Driver& Convoy Control

Robin.  

Dutch-English | Sign Language

Useful links:  

TruckersMP Rules | Report System | Appealing a ban | TruckersMP Map

From one side i can see your point because many people just abuse and bother the others.

But from the other side it's not helpfull in case of team convoys were people pass all together and (when also no others coming from the other roads).

Personally in the crowded cities with a team convoy we follow all the road rules. But when nobody is there and we are sure we don't get annoying the whole convoy passes even if it's red. (I hope you see my point).

Multiplayer ETS2.GR

3 hours ago, DevilsHome said:

Gotta say NO

• You'll have players ramming other players through red lights on purpose or accident and get bans been sent out.
  • This would than cause more appeal for bans etc. going to Mod's causing them alot more work.
  • Also sometimes you just misjudge the braking power, as long as you dont hit people etc. no harm no foul right?
  • Another issue in ATS at least the red light system doesn't always work correctly i can be 2/3 of the way through with a heavy load and it'll give me a red light ticket so am banned for a system that doesn't always work right.

i don't think a system that aggressive should be put in place.

HOWEVER

You could install a warning/count system lets say you run 10 red lights in a 24hr period you get a ban could work, but its alot of work to due a system like that also people would no doubt try to find a way to abuse it so nawh not worth the time. 

Really a ban though? How about NOOO?

3 hours ago, LiL Bundáskenyér said:

I like this suggestion, but if for example i dont brake in time, and i pass the red light, then if im kicked thats not rlly good. 

Agreed with you on this. It doesn't make sense to keep messing with the servers when we already have the city speed limiter. 

Just NO. Keep messing with the servers and they are going to be really broken.

I think it's a ridiculous suggestion. because even if we pass a little in the red light as a result of someone hitting, the system will beat us. moreover when not guilty.

Archived