What do you think of the new update 1.37?

KILLA [RO]

• 2 weeks later...

I think for what it's worth, the update was really good. The addition of fmod (the new sound system) it has made the game more realistic. Despite it only being little additions I think 1.37 helps build momentum for future, bigger updates. So realistically I like the update and can't wait for what it's leading to :)

Overall I do like the new update to a degree the addition of the ability to open and close the windows is great as it brings in a bit more realism, the new glass texture is also very good as it were the first thing I noticed the reflection on the windscreen.  

The addition of the food tank is also great though I think SCS could of added some more tanker trailer types into the mix and not just a food tank. 

The new FMOD sound engine / mod though doesn't seem to be something which I am too impressed with, the new sounds of the horns are good but overall I do not think the engine, idle and or transmission sounds are very accurate for trucks so I could see some improvement being made there in the future. 

I've only put a brief amount of time into the game post-update, but I'm not too happy.

One of the things I was looking forward to most (like a lot of you, I'm sure) was the new sound engine. The old horns sounded horrible, and the immediate cut between interior/exterior when putting your head out the window etc. but I learned to live with it.

FMOD takes care of some of that, but the engine sounds are poorer now, in my opinion. The older sounds were smoother, more relaxing - the nice rumble of the engine and the turbo waking up when the cruise control puts some power down were really nice. Now, the engine (on my 2009 FH16 at least) sounds a lot more rattly and gruff, and the main engine sound component no longer fades in and away gently as the power is applied. It seems to come jarring in at the faintest touch of the accelerator and chops back off again just as quickly when you lift off. When on cruise control and the engine is fluctuating you get this ON LOUD - silent - ON LOUD - silent type of thing which is a bit uncomfortable to my ears.

I've tried fiddling with the volume levels of each component in the new audio menu, but I can't seem to get it just right.

They have ruined the engine sound and also the trucks have become slower due to the changes I guess.Could somebody tell me what is this below because I dont understand

Engine power range data (instead of boost value)

Exhaust gas temp gauge animation

AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)  

Hello, 

I really like they added openable windows and the mod where you can walk around your truck in the garage. It would be great to see it in other places too, for example on the gas station, when loading/unloading cargo, etc. I like they will work on the FMOD and I can't wait for more updates on this one, I hope they will make realistic sounds for every single truck. 

|Viva Trucking|Apply to Viva Trucking|Star Wars Fan|HAZMAT Division

Hello, :) 

I haven't played it much, but when I did I liked it but I'm not much of a fan of the new audio, I find it to loud at points. Maybe I just need to modify the audio settings. I do like the window opening and closing.

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hey there,

Personally i like the new update but there are a few things such as a few of the trucks engine sounds that i don't like; one of these would be the Iveco.

#happytrucking

Thanks

Smacky. (Zach)

TruckersMP Events Team

spacer.png

Need help? | Report a user | Appeal a ban | Request an eventFeedback | Want to join the team?

Current Status - spacer.png

On 5/3/2020 at 2:06 AM, seth_haveron said:

Way to much gloss effects , the sound is terrible , the garage is the worsed thing of them all.    

i dont look foreward for it.... 

Yea i agree the echo is way too intense,yes you hear some echo but not like your in a wind tunnel.....Some of the sounds are good but a lot is literally copied from ATS to speed things up & i hope to god that SCS record new sound for trucks etc in future patches ( the horns are so wrong it hurts ), they have simply thrown all the old sounds into fmod & expected it to sound amazing when it doesn't. You can tune sound with fmod & make some amazing stuff, Here's an example of whats possible ( i would be over the *censored* moon if trucks sounded anything like that )

I think 1.37 is good!

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

Archived