Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

How 'important' is the "Road to the East" DLC?

Pol_Malvinas

I wouldn't say it's one of the top dlcs you should buy. Due to the fact its got nothing different and it's exactly like the base game. {Textures, roads, cities etc.} But then again it is SCS's first DLC for ets2 and it does open places in Poland. So, if you would like to explore Poland then I would recommend it but if you're buying it to compare to other DLC's just don't expect anything fancy apart from more tolls xD 

17 minutes ago, Survivor3411 said:

Having Poland is good if you are travelling from Romania into Finland/Estonia as it is a straight trip.

While I don't outright disagree with this in terms of trip economy, sometimes you find you want to have a little more of a challenging drive, so for the sake of removing features from the drive you could argue this isn't necessarily a pro.

That aside, I personally feel that if the DLC is there, it's worth getting if you have the money to splash on it. More exploring, more expanding, and the chance for ProMods too, which I am just beginning to explore. It's insane what possibilities are there.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

Do you mean "Going East" DLC?

If so, this is very old content and the quality level is the same as the non-updated parts of the base map, for example UK, Belgium, Netherlands.

What makes it important is, that it provides direct road connections of the base map with 2 latest DLCs - "Beyond the Baltic Sea" and "Road to the Black Sea", because it adds eastern parts of Poland, Slovakia and Hungary, no Moldova here (not east enough).

If you mean  "Road to the Black Sea" - this is the latest one with up to date quality, contains Romania, Bulgaria and small part of Turkey.

My only gripe is, that this area is a bit out of the way atm, and whenever you take routes in and out of this DLC, there are only 2 chokepoints to go through all the time.

If there was Moldova in ETS2, it would need to be here, but there isn't. Previous version of Promods contained really basic version of Moldova, but it was removed in the current version of Promods, for that I'm thankful, because quality was extremely low.

4 hours ago, Granite said:

Do you mean "Going East" DLC?

If so, this is very old content and the quality level is the same as the non-updated parts of the base map, for example UK, Belgium, Netherlands.

What makes it important is, that it provides direct road connections of the base map with 2 latest DLCs - "Beyond the Baltic Sea" and "Road to the Black Sea", because it adds eastern parts of Poland, Slovakia and Hungary, no Moldova here (not east enough).

If you mean  "Road to the Black Sea" - this is the latest one with up to date quality, contains Romania, Bulgaria and small part of Turkey.

My only gripe is, that this area is a bit out of the way atm, and whenever you take routes in and out of this DLC, there are only 2 chokepoints to go through all the time.

If there was Moldova in ETS2, it would need to be here, but there isn't. Previous version of Promods contained really basic version of Moldova, but it was removed in the current version of Promods, for that I'm thankful, because quality was extremely low.

Hey, sorry for the ambiguous post. I should've double check that.

So you have two options, either I meant "Going East" or "Road to the Black Sea". It was the latter, as the former I already have.

Anyhow, the responses have cleared up a lot about the benefits, pros and cons of both DLCs.

I'll be getting this last "RTBS" DLC, as I keep hearing so much nice things about ProMods.

Thank you all again, very very much, for your kind and thoughtful responses.

Cheers,

Pol.

337254467_TruckerMPsignature2(150px).jpg.55bd2a1405f75455b7852f8fe366b199.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Pol_Master,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived