Custom self-built Button Dashboards

RayRay5

Hello guys and girls,

I wanted to know if any of you have custom (self-built) button panels or dashboards in use and I want to know more about it.

I'm currently thinking about building one, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. So I'd like to hear about your projects.

I am not looking for the "I have a Streamdeck" or the "I have ... dashboard software" answers. I am looking for those who have a self-built dashboard/button panel

Which Controller/Board did you use? Is there any special software running or otherwise required for it to function?

Would you recommend to build one? Why or why not?

(For a reference of "custom button panel" take a look at the post below)

Thank you in advance for your answers!

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I build one myself. As board i use this one. It basicliy is plug and play. PC recognises as an seperate controller. Comments on Amazon say, multiple boards will work simultaneously but i havent tested it yet. You need an adittional sottware if you use switches like an ignition key or parking brake, which stay in "on" position, because you need an input when pressing and releasing that button/swich. For that i use AutoHotKey and i wrote my "own" script.

Also i use the board from an old Steeringwheel but that is a lot of work and soldering

20190508_174526ufjbx.jpg

14 minutes ago, Cruz3r said:

I build one myself. As board i use this one.

Ahh, I've already had an eye on the older version of that controller/board.

Are the switches and the ignition key running only with power from the Board/Controller?

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @RayRay5,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived