Most Enjoyable Route

learvlieg

Guess counter-intuitive to say on a truckers forum, but length isn't everything! Routes I'm talking about of course! ?

What I'm wondering is what routes people enjoyed driving in ATS. 

Personally I'm quite the big fan of most the interstate 101 following the coast line (done some of it in real life, done it in game, enjoyed both equally much). It can be a bit bendy and require some gear shifting here and there, some hills here and there and stunning views! What's not to love!

Post your favorite (scenic) routes and why you like it!

I like WA route 20 through the North Cascades of Washington.. I've driven it IRL in a big truck, usually hauling cedar planks out of Burlington, WA, and it is one of only 4 national parks in the US that a commercial vehicle can be driven in (the others are Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison).

2 hours ago, KW_Driver said:

I like WA route 20 through the North Cascades of Washington.. I've driven it IRL in a big truck, usually hauling cedar planks out of Burlington, WA, and it is one of only 4 national parks in the US that a commercial vehicle can be driven in (the others are Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison).

I did happen to drive Seattle to Spokane in the game yesterday, not sure that's also in that area, but definitely enjoyed the drive. irl I've visited to the Seattle/Tacoma and mt Raineer area for about a month. Great place to be in.

4 hours ago, learvlieg said:

I did happen to drive Seattle to Spokane in the game yesterday, not sure that's also in that area, but definitely enjoyed the drive. irl I've visited to the Seattle/Tacoma and mt Raineer area for about a month. Great place to be in.

You did I-90 across, probably..  the route I was talking about is considerably north of there, nearly at the Canadian border..

20200420183532_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 3:13 AM, learvlieg said:

Guess counter-intuitive to say on a truckers forum, but length isn't everything! Routes I'm talking about of course! ?

What I'm wondering is what routes people enjoyed driving in ATS. 

Personally I'm quite the big fan of most the interstate 101 following the coast line (done some of it in real life, done it in game, enjoyed both equally much). It can be a bit bendy and require some gear shifting here and there, some hills here and there and stunning views! What's not to love!

Post your favorite (scenic) routes and why you like it!

I have several favorites so far:

Route 66 through the southwest, a road I've ridden my motorcycle on many times... the Las Cruces, NM area, and the eastern route from there to artesia.. several very recognizable landmarks along that route..   And who can't love the 101 with it's winding coastline scenery... beautiful.. Also the Grand Canyon is pretty nice, though One has to have been there to really take in the vastness of it.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:56 PM, Mehmet [23] said:

This is my favorite route :rolleyes:

ats_20200510_034901_00.png

I haven't been on that particular stretch.. is the dotted line a ferry ride?  If so, that's the next place I'm going. :D

On 4/29/2020 at 1:49 PM, learvlieg said:

Really been an enjoyable route to drive! thanks :)

I know people that used to live in Omak.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @learvlieg,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived