An Easier Way To Get Reckless Drivers Off The Road

Dan_TFM

An Easier Way To Get Reckless Drivers Off The Road

Have you ever been driving then a reckless driver comes past and damages you and they should be banned? You then go on and report them via the TMP Tab, soon after it comes up with a message telling you that your report has been timed out. Therefore, the reckless driver will get away with it... This has happened to all of us right? 

My new suggestion - Introducing a new system called 'TMP Overwatch': 

If you have played games in the past you may have seen it includes a feature on the game for the loyal and dedicated users, a feature which allows the player to look at reports in detail and to decide if the player should have action taken against them. Furthermore, CSGO has this option and only a select amount of players are giving this feature, the players have to have no previous ban records and no reports against their name. The over watch feature doesn't let ONE person vote against someone then they get banned, it would be an average vote from 10 people, then the decision will be made.   

I strongly feel so many people are getting away with being either a troll on the roads or just being generally reckless. This new feature will also give the players experience, so then when Game Moderator applications open this will be an amazing point to write down saying they've worked in this unit before so they know what they're looking out for. 

How the overwatch feature will work:

This will be an invite only process. Requirements for this will be similar for the Game Moderator applications. The player needs to be active on forums and have over 1000 hours in game with a maximum of 3 bans. 

There will be a tab displayed on the players TMP profile giving them access to reports which happen live, they will be given the footage from the game and the same report will be given to 5 overwatchers, they will then vote and write down their opinion to why the person should be banned.

I strongly feel there isn't enough Game Moderators out on the road at certain times - However, this new feature will bring passionate players who may have inspirations to become Game Moderators in the future have the access to view footage and vote to decide if the person should have action taken against their name.image.png.3632ef8c2297f2bd93613d333dd3ec26.png 

I'm not sure as I'm not a developer - However, I can imagine it looking a bit like this, having an option on the tab where its only visible for the people who have access to it. 

As I have put this in the general discussion category I would love to hear your comments about this and if you feel this would be a good new idea in the TMP Community and if you would love to have access to this TMP overwatch platform. 

For sure, if you have any further ideas to add then please write them below.

Thank you very much ❤️

From what I've read, this system won't work. Because there's no actual video-replay that can be accessed from the website, it's just data that has to be loaded in the game. Besides... 5 overwatchers for each report, so you'd need hundreds of them to make a difference, otherwise there would be almost the same amount of reports timing out, or even more. Now, a report is sent, a GM claims it, watches the incident, decides and acts. With this system, a report is sent, it has to wait until 5 users claim it, all of them watch the incident, vote... If a report takes 2 minutes of a GMs time, it would take probably 10 minutes or longer for the overwatchers.

So, sorry, but with the difficulties to implement this and the lack of improvement that IMO will provide, I don't think it's worth the effort.

15 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

From what I've read, this system won't work. Because there's no actual video-replay that can be accessed from the website, it's just data that has to be loaded in the game. Besides... 5 overwatchers for each report, so you'd need hundreds of them to make a difference, otherwise there would be almost the same amount of reports timing out, or even more. Now, a report is sent, a GM claims it, watches the incident, decides and acts. With this system, a report is sent, it has to wait until 5 users claim it, all of them watch the incident, vote... If a report takes 2 minutes of a GMs time, it would take probably 10 minutes or longer for the overwatchers.

So, sorry, but with the difficulties to implement this and the lack of improvement that IMO will provide, I don't think it's worth the effort.

Hello,

On the other hand, this could also be something which can be added to the actual game side of things like what the Game Moderators have in-game. 

Furthermore, this can be done - TMP has recently seen record breaking numbers on their servers, they have hundreds of applications from people who have an interest in Game Moderation. This would reduce the number of timed out requests as its still bringing something to the game for people to monitor reports. For example, someone who has parked up in-game, on their tab it could have a notification which says how many reports have been sent in. There are thousands of people playing this on the servers so I reckon it would be achievable.

Thanks for your view on this. 

At the end of the day I'm just trying to introduce new ideas and thinking outside the box - People will have their own views.  On the other hand, if this doesn't happen then maybe the applications to become a GM will open again?

TMP were actually looking into doing something similar but i think it came down to an issue of who can see the report & stopping people from exploiting it & banning players unfairly & also how do you view it ( admins de-spawn while watching reports & spawn back in after ). If you had 100 players doing that you can only imagine the chaos! I'd mention it in Feedback & see what they say.

2 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

TMP were actually looking into doing something similar but i think it came down to an issue of who can see the report & stopping people from exploiting it & banning players unfairly & also how do you view it ( admins de-spawn while watching reports & spawn back in after ). If you had 100 players doing that you can only imagine the chaos! I'd mention it in Feedback & see what they say.

Hello!

Thats so great to hear, thank you very much for keeping me updated - That would be great if they can find a way around this as it would be amazing 

2 hours ago, Dan_TFM said:

Hello!

Thats so great to hear, thank you very much for keeping me updated - That would be great if they can find a way around this as it would be amazing 

I'm not 100% on it, just saw a similar post in the past & one of the staff said they were working or looking into something similar....

1 hour ago, [ÖZ DOSTLAR] ONAT - 24 said:

I think that the final decision should still be made by game moderators but a system that will record and send the last 30 seconds or so to game moderators automatically would be really nice. Implementing it might not be an easy one for the TMP developers though.

Funny enough thats exactly what they were on about, a system that allows players to vote if an offence had been committed or not & then the report would go to the GM's system for a final review! I don't know if its even a thing anymore as nothing has been said since.

1 minute ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

I'm not 100% on it, just saw a similar post in the past & one of the staff said they were working or looking into something similar....

Funny enough thats exactly what they were on about, a system that allows players to vote if an offence had been committed or not & then the report would go to the GM's system for a final review! I don't know if its even a thing anymore as nothing has been said since.

That is perfect! For sure, forum post suggestions will change from time to time and will get adapted but that would be such a good idea. Imagine someone blocking a road, I had a similar siutation the other day on the CD road, there was no Game Moderators about and we were all sat there for 30 mins, times aren't fun when that happens... Therefore, having the ability to vote kick or vote to ban would make the game so much better.

2 minutes ago, Dan_TFM said:

That is perfect! For sure, forum post suggestions will change from time to time and will get adapted but that would be such a good idea. Imagine someone blocking a road, I had a similar siutation the other day on the CD road, there was no Game Moderators about and we were all sat there for 30 mins, times aren't fun when that happens... Therefore, having the ability to vote kick or vote to ban would make the game so much better.

Just found this which probably explains it better & sadly means they wont be doing a Overwatch style system 

So the main reason why reports time out is simply because they have to i think. As FernandoCR says on a server like SIM 1 there is 4000 players. The amount of reports that comes in every minute is insane. If we would keep all those reports from on the sever until they where dealt with, the reports would go into the 1000's very very quick, and people tend to report a lot of much smaller things in game than with web reports since they dont have to record and can just press a button and make a report, so they tend to report much more than they do with web reports since that requires a little more work. which as i said, means that we get a lot of reports every minute, like it would be impossible to keep up with. And i am not sure the server could handle that. Which is why we have the Web report system. We might not get to every single in game report but we do get to ALL web reports. So we always encourage people to record if possible and make web reports, cause that way it will be dealt with. But with that said we do get to a lot of in game reports too. They just come so fast that we cant get to them all. 

Now with the idea of turning every single in game report into a video that is automatically saved on a server and then made automatically into a report i dont think is possible. I think the in game report systems isent really a video. I think it saves all the data of people, and where they where and their trucks and all that and then uses my computer and my game to display that data. Which is why i can move around in the "recordings" and look at it from different angles. Which is also why that when you see a recording i have taken from in game of an in game report, you might not see the paint job you had on at that time. Cause if i dont have that paint job on my game, my game is just gonna display a default one instead. So the in game report just sort of loads a bunch of data about what players and trucks are there, how it all looked, where they where driving and all that, and then loads that data in my game and displays that data using my game to do it. So there really isent a video for the server to save somewhere and make a report with, cause it really only has a bunch of data on things and not a video. And you need a game to load that data in order to display that data. Like if the server was actually constantly recording 4000 players and then saving a video of them every single time they made a report the amount of ram and CPU power the server would need and the amount of hard drive space it would need would be insane. Which is why its done like i said, because that is just data files it has to save or keep. And they dont take up nearly as much space as videos. And the way its done here also means that i can control the "recording" and fly around and look at it from different angles. But i am not 100% sure how that system actually works. I just think its like i said  "

Post coped from here 

Didnt bother to read everything above but possibly an alternative solution would be to create a vote-kick. This would work for those who block the road which is the most annoying thing imo. Because a player cannot be reported more than once, it will not attract attention even when that one person reported from "blocking" is preventing 50 players from going anywhere for an hour or so. The kick wont be a long term solution but it would clear up the road for a good while at least. And by the time the vote kick has worked, someone would have video evidence of the person doing it and creating a report on tmp anyways. They would be banned later. 

And as far as vote kick, it would cause no real harm even IF it was abused by a large group dedicated doing so. But with certain limitations and registering the information of using the vote kick i dont think anyone would go through the trouble of abusing it. Depends how it would be made.

In my opinion it can be pointless to report in game, and that something needs to be implemented to fix the issue. As I said in another thread, it is a flawed system and despite how much the staff say that it isn't I respectfully disagree. A better report system is needed in game, however the staff could actually put restrictions in certain areas, on certain vehicles and what not in an attempt to cut down the amount of trolls causing the issues.

I think Fernando makes a fair point. That being said I also don't think the reporting system works based on submitted videos as personally I currently don't record any of my drives. Just cba with the software setup etc.

I'd advocate for additional event logging in the ~/Documents/ATSMP/logs/ directory e.g. log known in-game traffic offenses like running red lights, being in the wrong direction lane and being involved in a crash with crash details between involved parties? Though I guess log forging when submitting logs as evidence will make the job impossible too.

It'd need to be server side logging to avoid this, which potentially could burden the servers unreasonably, but could just have conclusive information there searchable by driver ID.

18 hours ago, amatikuski said:

Didnt bother to read everything above but possibly an alternative solution would be to create a vote-kick. This would work for those who block the road which is the most annoying thing imo. Because a player cannot be reported more than once, it will not attract attention even when that one person reported from "blocking" is preventing 50 players from going anywhere for an hour or so. The kick wont be a long term solution but it would clear up the road for a good while at least. And by the time the vote kick has worked, someone would have video evidence of the person doing it and creating a report on tmp anyways. They would be banned later. 

And as far as vote kick, it would cause no real harm even IF it was abused by a large group dedicated doing so. But with certain limitations and registering the information of using the vote kick i dont think anyone would go through the trouble of abusing it. Depends how it would be made.

Hello,

Thank for commenting on my post!

This would be amazing! 

5 hours ago, [WT] Chrizzle_izzda said:

Mhhh with this feautere i can ban all player with my friends.

But you can make a suggestion here:

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/285-suggestions/

You have to decide under which category you would like to write the contribution.

Hello,

Hahaha, love it !

I would, however, I don't have enough posts to be able to write a suggestion at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...

The only viable way to kill reckless drivers is to mark their accounts. If they have been reported more than 5 times for reckless driving, their accounts to be marked "reckless driver" and will be permanently limited to 80 km/h top speed outside of cities and 40 km/h inside cities. Having them to drive slower than everybody else will make them remember it's a truck simulator and not Need for speed.

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

Honestly, there is no solution... The current system only caters to streamers, who are set up for running recording software alongside everything without it bogging down their systems. For awhile everyone just put a twitch web addy in their name, but that wore off ages ago and is mostly ignored anymore.. And you rarely are able to even get a player ID because they Alt-F4 the instant they hit somebody anyway... And my opinion is the admins don't particularly care about finding any solutions because the behavior isn't affecting the server populations any.. The closest thing to a solution that I have found is to stay in the DLC maps, particularly the newest ones that don't go on sale right away, or the Promods server that requires all DLC's... this keeps the kiddies away that think it's "fun" to ruin someone else's game.

The other systems that worked in these games didn't let the final decision on the players. They were still being reviewed by upper staff and we're talking about games with hundreds of people working on them. The main problem with Truckersmp was always manpower. If there was enough staff to watch the roads reckless driving wouldn't be an issue.

Now besides that system there are other more appropriate ways to reduce reckless driving besides simply punishing the player and keeping him out of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Dan_TFM,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived