Quick Job Discussion

SouthenLad

Hello All.

So me and @Raymond_ have taken the time to start new profiles and start trying to earn some money to get a personal truck however what i came across is that when you do quick jobs the trucks fuel is only suited to go the same distance as the job and maybe 200km more and it got me thinking that maybe if there was more fuel this would be more friendly for new players to explore a little bit.

There is a lot of what ifs and well you could do this but i would like to see what people say to this :)

Kind Regards
SouthernLad

5 hours ago, Granite said:

All expenses are covered by your employer, this includes fuel, tolls, ferry, tow service and repairs, so you can refuel as much as you want, sometimes you actually need to.

Only fines are deducted from your own account.

Hello there. That is very useful to know as i did come across the tolls last night and saw that it was not taking my money but i didn't know about fuel so that is very useful and i believe ets have done a good job at making that realistic.

SouthernLad

You can damage the truck and trailer, as long as the cargo is intact, you get paid in full, but your employer is left with the wreck, that's not very realistic, don't you think?:LUL:

I have started new profile for promods server recently, with the aim to avoid ever loading it in singleplayer, these are my few observations and recommendations:

When you create the profile in multiplayer, for the very first tutorial job you are given, there will be no time left to finish, and when you arrive you will be late, and earn no money or xp. Nothing you can do about this, it't a glitch related to game time

synchronization, when it jumps forward by a lot, after you spawn in the truck.

First few, maybe ten jobs, went fine, but after that, I have noticed there was fewer and fewer jobs available, until there were none in some cities. This is well known bug, which can only be fixed by reseting economy somehow.

So, I bought a Scout car - you should be able to have enough money after about 10 quick jobs, it's half the price of cheapest truck, and you can refund it later, when you get more money and xp to buy your truck. After each quick job, I would hit drive button, which would spawn me in my Scout in front of my only garage, then I would drive it few hundred meters to the nearby repair service or bus station, stop, turn the engine off and use the fast travel feature to teleport back to the garage. This resets the economy and I can pick another quick job.

This way you can explore, gain some starting money and levels, before buying your own truck, no cheats or singleplayer mods involved.

16 minutes ago, Granite said:

You can damage the truck and trailer, as long as the cargo is intact, you get paid in full, but your employer is left with the wreck, that's not very realistic, don't you think?:LUL:

I have started new profile for promods server recently, with the aim to avoid ever loading it in singleplayer, these are my few observations and recommendations:

When you create the profile in multiplayer, for the very first tutorial job you are given, there will be no time left to finish, and when you arrive you will be late, and earn no money or xp. Nothing you can do about this, it't a glitch related to game time

synchronization, when it jumps forward by a lot, after you spawn in the truck.

First few, maybe ten jobs, went fine, but after that, I have noticed there was fewer and fewer jobs available, until there were none in some cities. This is well known bug, which can only be fixed by reseting economy somehow.

So, I bought a Scout car - you should be able to have enough money after about 10 quick jobs, it's half the price of cheapest truck, and you can refund it later, when you get more money and xp to buy your truck. After each quick job, I would hit drive button, which would spawn me in my Scout in front of my only garage, then I would drive it few hundred meters to the nearby repair service or bus station, stop, turn the engine off and use the fast travel feature to teleport back to the garage. This resets the economy and I can pick another quick job.

This way you can explore, gain some starting money and levels, before buying your own truck, no cheats or singleplayer mods involved.

I do see where your coming from with damage however this could easily be seen as the insurance of trucks has covered it but then it would depend on the situation and would be very complicated in game aha but i would like to imagine some things sometimes that would be pretty cool.

Yeah i also found this out when starting up a new profile and hope it is going well for you.

SouthernLad

You will not be charged for fuel on a quick job, so you can explore the map without having to worry. Any repair to your truck is also covered, and you will also not be penalized for a damaged trailer. However, you will be penalized for damage to your cargo. Fines for speeding, accidents, etc will not be covered and will also cost you. 

banner

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @SouthenLad,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived