Moderation Ingame

MCIRELAND

More moderators needed?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that more moderators are needed ingame?

• Yes
    • No

"Being in areas like Calais and Duisburg", why do you or anyone else need to be in those areas? People go there precisely because they know what they're going to find, so complaining about how bad things are is... I'll leave it there. There are thousands of Km to drive, any player can enjoy MP for weeks, months, without going anywhere near Calais or Duisburg. My thoughts? That area should be made "Enter at your own risk, no moderation here". People like to be in jams with hundreds of other players, with trolls, with the infamous "Idiots on the road"? So let them enjoy what they were looking for.

Don't need to be a moderator. Now a great many systems are being developed that can solve the trouble. Where a person can be reported

This system is now used by ALL PLAYERS,  Each driver is instructed to ensure the safe movement of road users, however, accidents often occur due to carelessness, haste, or distraction. Drivers often do not take additional safety measures to prove their precedence, for example, does not reduce speed to avoid an accident, or, conversely, confident in his right to drive, soon realizes painfully that he was wrong. 

Reason for the driver: 

• Forgotten duties of drivers

It's here we don't need a moderator to look, need watch yourself as you behave at the wheel.

nbfgnBO.png.26f9f4d3a1f9d61821a43f88fdf9d178.png

unnamed.jpg.55d4047c9dcbe611219a2c3ec1b4bc94.jpgunnamed.jpg.0495ca0f9adff9cf7ba22481955cb590.jpgunnamed.jpg.3a648e065beef5f1b50ba8b1d3f858a0.jpg
unnamed.jpg.5b70bce891435c23c3a847b6f0ea349c.jpgimg%5D795749874_role_VeteranV(1).webp.1f11a09e018b8aee9aca50975c2b58b2.webp
nbfgnBO.png.43bd36f6478743f4194401867211cf2f.png

Look, on the basis that there are no accidents in practice since they originate from the basis of an action or lack thereof, you should think that even if the number of GM grows, there will always be accidents, whether it is due to some distraction, some bad action or bad component [wheel or joystick] or a troll or player who disturbs the game; there are also other tools such as player reporting to support GM.

We also have to think that even if they add more GM, it is not only 1 server.... and 1 busy route; are approx. 8 different servers, with different areas, if increase the endowment, these will have to be shared equally around the map and the serves, not to mention that the web reports exist and that they are people with personal things to do and are also volunteers, no one forces them, and if you see the global situation they are saturated with the rise of people who enter servers; so I don't think increasing the GMs would solve the problem, and you can help them yourself by reporting to the offenders.

if you look here https://truckersmp.com/team

you see the amount of moderators we have of course people will always say well that is not enough.

As for in-game reports we do our best of course, and that count also for the web reports,

Perhaps watch a moderator stream to have more of a idea on what we all do.

2 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

if you look here https://truckersmp.com/team

you see the amount of moderators we have of course people will always say well that is not enough.

As for in-game reports we do our best of course, and that count also for the web reports,

Perhaps watch a moderator stream to have more of a idea on what we all do.

Im well aware and have subscribe to many on twitch, Dont be mistaken, this thread wasnt made to hate on truckersmp and the game admin team but to raise opinions and encourage discussion.

The game is needs more game moderators. I'm usually drive on crowded roads. Many people driving like crazy. You must record the game for ban a player.

Personally I think the whole in game reporting system is heavily flawed as a report sent in tends to be brushed off and nothing done. If the admins are advising players to post their reports via the website then what is the point of having the in game reporting system where nothing tends to happen? 

On 4/14/2020 at 11:15 PM, MCIRELAND said:

Im well aware and have subscribe to many on twitch, Dont be mistaken, this thread wasnt made to hate on truckersmp and the game admin team but to raise opinions and encourage discussion.

Fair point, i like a discussion if it's of course on a constructive base, but yet  simply adding moderators isn't a easy job as it requires knowledge and some skills too, but mostly you learn when you are trainy in our team.

15 hours ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

Personally I think the whole in game reporting system is heavily flawed as a report sent in tends to be brushed off and nothing done. If the admins are advising players to post their reports via the website then what is the point of having the in game reporting system where nothing tends to happen? 

Sorry if i sound rude, but perhaps you should watch a stream ? we do of course in-game reports, but yeah because some don't respect the rules they get reported, and those who get reported are high in numbers, you get that idea when you see a stream on how it goes.

It's a known fact that web reports have higher success rate of getting dealt with, but then it cost time to deal with all the web reports. but eventually they get punished, that is the important thing right.

1 hour ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Fair point, i like a discussion if it's of course on a constructive base, but yet  simply adding moderators isn't a easy job as it requires knowledge and some skills too, but mostly you learn when you are trainy in our team.

Sorry if i sound rude, but perhaps you should watch a stream ? we do of course in-game reports, but yeah because some don't respect the rules they get reported, and those who get reported are high in numbers, you get that idea when you see a stream on how it goes.

It's a known fact that web reports have higher success rate of getting dealt with, but then it cost time to deal with all the web reports. but eventually they get punished, that is the important thing right.

With all due respect I don't need to see a stream in order to find out how it all goes. Nor would a live stream convince me to change my mind as to how I see things, I stand by what I said now if you've been offended by that then maybe the staff should up their game or, drop the system where a report times out and thus nothing is done regarding a reported player. 

You see, where I come from if you have a complaint and take it to someone then something gets done, if someone is reported then said report doesn't get timed out or pushed back to the end of the pile, it gets dealt with. 

I gave up on reporting players long ago, because I saw how flawed the system is. 

@[Allegiant]Sully TBH, I also gave up on using the in-game report system. But IMO the flaw is not in the system itself, it's in the whole MP world. Only in Simulation 1 server there can be more than 4000 players at the same time, many of them don't know or don't care about the rules, others are simply there to break the rules, so the number of reports every minute is huge. The GMs have to claim a report, watch the incident and decide. During the time they need to deal with one report, another 20-30 reports have been sent. It's simply impossible to handle. I don't know where you come from, but I can imagine that it's nothing like TMP. Unless there are more moderators than players... Or unless there isn't any in-game report system.

Removing the in-game reporting system would mean that whoever wants to report others has to do it using the web, but that would be pretty unfair, there are lots of people with low-end PCs or laptops, they simply can't record video without making the game unplayable, so they would be unable to report anything other than the "static" offenses (bad language, insults, racism, etc. in the chat). Only way to make this work would be to make the in-game report system to automatically save the "demo video" (the one that the GMs use when they claim a report) and all report data (reporter, date/hour, server, reported, reason, etc.) into a separate server and generate automatically a web report. But I don't know if this is possible and still most of the reports sent from within the game wouldn't be solved until several days later...

Lastly, reports in TruckersMP have always been solved in FIFO basis, so yes, any new report goes to the end of the pile, I don't see how it could be better (and fairer) any other way... 

12 hours ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

11 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

So the main reason why reports time out is simply because they have to i think. As FernandoCR says on a server like SIM 1 there is 4000 players. The amount of reports that comes in every minute is insane. If we would keep all those reports from on the sever until they where dealt with, the reports would go into the 1000's very very quick, and people tend to report a lot of much smaller things in game than with web reports since they dont have to record and can just press a button and make a report, so they tend to report much more than they do with web reports since that requires a little more work. which as i said, means that we get a lot of reports every minute, like it would be impossible to keep up with. And i am not sure the server could handle that. Which is why we have the Web report system. We might not get to every single in game report but we do get to ALL web reports. So we always encourage people to record if possible and make web reports, cause that way it will be dealt with. But with that said we do get to a lot of in game reports too. They just come so fast that we cant get to them all. 

Now with the idea of turning every single in game report into a video that is automatically saved on a server and then made automatically into a report i dont think is possible. I think the in game report systems isent really a video. I think it saves all the data of people, and where they where and their trucks and all that and then uses my computer and my game to display that data. Which is why i can move around in the "recordings" and look at it from different angles. Which is also why that when you see a recording i have taken from in game of an in game report, you might not see the paint job you had on at that time. Cause if i dont have that paint job on my game, my game is just gonna display a default one instead. So the in game report just sort of loads a bunch of data about what players and trucks are there, how it all looked, where they where driving and all that, and then loads that data in my game and displays that data using my game to do it. So there really isent a video for the server to save somewhere and make a report with, cause it really only has a bunch of data on things and not a video. And you need a game to load that data in order to display that data. Like if the server was actually constantly recording 4000 players and then saving a video of them every single time they made a report the amount of ram and CPU power the server would need and the amount of hard drive space it would need would be insane. Which is why its done like i said, because that is just data files it has to save or keep. And they dont take up nearly as much space as videos. And the way its done here also means that i can control the "recording" and fly around and look at it from different angles. But i am not 100% sure how that system actually works. I just think its like i said :)

Hello

The argument to this topic is quite simple if you think about it carefully, this because not because there are more GM in TMP there will be fewer accidents or more order on servers, as not all will always be in service or in the busiest areas as staff are needed in other areas, such as other servers and other types of tasks such as the resolution of reports by us players, and at this point is where is the strength of the maintenance of the order of the order of servers and the community, because it is the closest thing to situations with problem players, because we ourselves and therefore when doing better reports against the right people, is a better solution to increase GM's TMP endowment.

In itself it would be good if there were more GM in the serves and in TMP in general and so maybe the problem players feel more intimidated to see that there is a greater presence of security in the serves and services in general that the team offers. TMP; In addition to this, perhaps many more people want to be interested in being on the TMP team, rather than using patrols, wanting to help other players.

On 4/14/2020 at 8:32 PM, TeamAudi_Chemistry_EM said:

I think that more moderator needed. It's fully agree. But if you don't want to meet the troll user, avoiding c-d road or extra. Or using another server which for example, Simulation 3. 

I agree with you, man. I think moderators are enough in the game. If you don't want to encounter trolls and people who break your game, you should switch to the Arcade server or another server. ?

Even if there were as many GMs as possible players, it would not resolve the issue that there are no accidents or trolls on the routes, because these players only seek to create chaos on the servers and thus disturb others in their games; What should be done is to reinforce the procedures and pages to make reports against these players who create chaos wherever they pass.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @MCIRELAND,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived