The Traffic Light... such an unknow thing on the road

GiveYourPaw

2 minutes ago, Smalley said:

I'm afraid no matter how helpful you're trying to be here people are just going to ignore it and carry on how they was. it's no use unfortunately :( 

Who knows, maybe someone who didn't know it might now see it and learn how it should be. But yeah probably most of the people that don't do it probably will ignore it ?

1 hour ago, _Puma_ said:

I feel like around Calais and Duisburg most of people just ignore the traffic light no metter what light it is. 1 time a guy ran a red light, crashed into me and said rec ? 

I believe you friend, once at the traffic light that gives to enter Dusseldorf, pass with a yellow red as I had traffic and I took a little, but a Scout who passed with Red-yellow but with a high speed and I generate that he gave me all over the side... making me overturn and he fell off the map, but He said it was LAG.... after he lost control of the mouse and in the end he put me REC... so I didn't know which version to believe XD.

1 hour ago, GiveYourPaw said:

I noticed that there is confusion about Amber and Red & Amber... I see many people that go when the light turns from Red to Red & Amber, Red & Amber is like "Hey! Get ready to go! BUT NOT GO NOW!

Well, that depends what is your weight/power ratio, the time frame between red/red+amber/green cycle is so short, that my non-overpowered 40 ton vehicle isn't going to pass the line, if I start to move a bit too early, unless I have stopped exactly on it.

When I see red light, if there is enough distance, I like to let off the gas and start to coast and gradually slow down, so I don't need to come to full stop, but it is usually awarded with horn/beam flash spams from those behind me.

Few thing that may fit to your little guide, that you can find in the latest dlc maps:

• flashing green light - green light flashes about 5 times at the end of it's cycle, to warn it's about to turn amber
  • green arrows - protected left turn, this confuses lot of people

There are little rules regarding traffic signals; therefore, not many people obey them. If you cause an accident while going on the red light, you will be at fault and risk a punishment. "Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area," but sadly, many people go on red even while it is unsafe.

banner

Nothing has changed since I started playing this mod years ago. There will always be those who go through red lights and simply don't care about anyone.

Just a little advice -  look both ways even if you have the green light. It saved me in real life and also while playing ETS2 mp.

I am definitely for much stricter punishments. For example 7 day ban for going through a red light causing an accident, 14 day ban for a repeat offence and so on.

Honestly there is not much to do about what the laws do not respect, since they are always the same characters as long as they do not respect the lights or the preferences for passing at crosses with signals; because you don't know if you don't respect or see it more as fun to do such actions.

22 hours ago, Moritaka said:

so I didn't know which version to believe XD.

An accident caused by driving at excessive speed is usually regarded as reckless driving and will be punished accordingly. If you recorded the incident, it will likely be possible to determine if the perpetrator was suffering from lag or the like.

I will just remind you all that you are allowed to go through a red light if there is no traffic coming that has green (in game).   And in Denmark the lights go Green then yellow then red. And the other way its Red then yellow then green. So in Denmark you are allowed to go through the light when green. And you are allowed to go through it when its yellow IF you are so close you cant stop or of you are already in the lights. And when it changes from Red to yellow you can start to go. :)

On 4/13/2020 at 6:31 PM, _Puma_ said:

I feel like around Calais and Duisburg most of people just ignore the traffic light no metter what light it is. 1 time a guy ran a red light, crashed into me and said rec ? 

I did an evidence from similar situation, you can take a look... Those fools are everywhere :D

the issue of traffic lights in crowded areas is a horrible drama, since some few want to respect but others just want to pass regardless of who has the light of preference and that leads to accidents; in addition to many confuse that if it is in yellow it is possible to pass and that is wrong, since it may be about to change or to red, or to green and can lead to serious accidents.

On 4/13/2020 at 2:09 PM, GiveYourPaw said:

This is how should works lights (RED & AMBER is for some country)

1545078509_trafficlightsseriousway.png.2dac761240e8f00eccf9e30e034dc3e4.png

Next post... yields...

What do you mean should? not been "unlucky" enough to play on ETS 1 yet, or be in a area with a lot of players , but so far traffic light rules seem be obeyed. But i agree 100% 

Also a thing i have been wondering, if you stop for a red light, and someone rams you from behind, is that on you or on them?

I think that some parts like this need a turn left traffic light because when u want to turn left the opposite way have green light too. I don't know if is it possible but i will do a suggestion like as this

ASAD (3).png

I will honestly tell you that there is never a shortage of the NFS or GTS runner who believes that he can come and go as if no one else was nearby, but walk to the new traffic light at the Duisburg exit, there is no respect whatsoever on the part of a group of non-player players. minor, perhaps that is still very new and there is still a process of adaptation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @GiveYourPaw,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived