Hey

Im playing ets2 since 2013 when I still didn't know what steam was or what so ever. So In early 2017 I discovered TMP. Same day I had my G29 transfered from my ps4 to my pc. And in the summer of 2018 I bought the H-Shifter. So now Im wondering. Is is worth buying an Almar SKRS or no. 

My shifter settings on Ets2 are basicaly not defualt. I have my H-Shifter set up as "Scania 12 gears" and sometimes even 12+2. I really want one but Idk If I will like it or is it really worth spending 120euros for that. Recomend me some cheaper offers if you know any. Btw Can I set up my h-shifter more realisticly than I allready have it. I want to try out that feeling before I buy an SKRS.

Regards, TuckerTrucker

I would highly recommend getting an SKRS shifter for your set up mainly due to the fact that you'll be able to split up and down through the ranges with them and or switch between high and low gears. When I had my G920 I were going to get one for my H shifter though never did, and instead used the flappy pedals on the steering column for my split and range toggles. 

30 minutes ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

I would highly recommend getting an SKRS shifter for your set up mainly due to the fact that you'll be able to split up and down through the ranges with them and or switch between high and low gears. When I had my G920 I were going to get one for my H shifter though never did, and instead used the flappy pedals on the steering column for my split and range toggles. 

Thank you for your reply. I will take this into consideration. Do you use any now?, did you switch your driving wheel or anything else.

I own the Almar SKRS scania shifter, got the American styled SKRS also (from a company I'm not gonna name out loud) and it' a real blast to play with it! If you looking for more interaction with the game, i highly recomend you pick one up. I don't think theres cheaper alternitivs out there tho (unless you make one yourself). Theres the Simu Shift Knob from AplusB Software, but they also start at 120.

Almar does a very good job with these shifters, quality work, no need to run aplications in the background, plug and play, ships within a few days (Tho due the whole corona situation, it might take a lil longer)

You might wanna check tech-affliction as well for the ATS Eaton Fuller styled shifter.

Hello ;

I am sure that it will provide both more realistic driving and more comfortable driving.So I highly recommend it.

7 hours ago, TuckerTrucker said:

Thank you for your reply. I will take this into consideration. Do you use any now?, did you switch your driving wheel or anything else.

Nah I don't use any steering wheel setup at the moment due to having to move to Malta from the UK before Christmas, and wasn't able to bring my rig nor my steering setup with me what so ever lol it sucks but I suppose that whenever I build a new pc again I'll get another steering wheel and shifter kit, just a matter of space at the moment though I am sure I'll be able to make some in the future :) so having to make do with a wired Xbox controller now lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @TuckerTrucker,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived